Larson Volkswagen

7633 S Tacoma Way, Tacoma, WA 98409

New 888-382-1769
Used 866-979-9589
Service 888-863-9338

Washington State's Fastest Growing Volkwagen Dealership.

Great experience in purchase of my Jetta 2013

by from Fircrest WA |

The entire process was completed in less than 2 hours. Every step of the way, the salesman kept me involved as we negotiated the amount of my trade-in and the amount of the car purchase. The staff was attentive to my needs and I never felt pressured. All in all, a great experience.

Finding a better car.

by from Fox Island, WA |

We had been thinking about a newer car that would provide better mileage. It required comfort and space for traveling and long term dependability. This translated to VW. While waiting for an appointment at the mall, we stopped in at Larson VW in Tacoma and was greeted by Leon. He showed us a variety of TDI models and later we came back for a test drive. When we returned, Leon was not available so we got Imar. He took us out for a drive in the Jetta TDI and then let us try out upgraded models on our own. When he got too busy, we got Jesse. He answered some of our questions and we decided to purchase. Taken into the office the time was getting very late so we were only able to complete part of the paper work. They allowed my husband to take the car home and we both returned the next day. Spending time doing more paperwork while the car was cleaned took another evening. After returning home we discovered the papers were incorrect and we needed to sign again. The clerk handling the paperwork was new in the VW department and wasn't familiar with the combinations of loan, financing, and extra insurance that we purchased. She offered to FedEx the paperwork but that is inconvenient to where we live so we returned a third evening to finish the paperwork again. Upon our third visit, my husband asked that a dirty handprint be cleaned from the inside of the headliner. The 'detail' department said they did not have anything to take off the smudge. The only thing they do is run the car through a car wash. In conclusion, the sales staff are great! The inventory is quite good, more color options might have been nice. The paperwork took way too many hours and too many trips from home on our part. Each trip costs $4.50 to cross the Tacoma Narrows Bridge. Although the person doing our final paperwork was very nice, she obviously needed someone checking her work a bit more while we were there to prevent the incorrect documents being used, shredded and begun again. She was very apologetic for her errors, but we believe her supervisor should have checked in with her more frequently to possibly catch the errors before we left. We felt our time was worth more than being part of a "learning" experience. Thanks to Leon's efforts and his fellow sales staff we ended up with a great car.

Great service

by from salkum washington |

I spent a month doing research before purchasing my new car. (And)To be honest I had forgotten to add vw to my list of searches. (But) luckily enough for me we stopped at Larson vw and was help by dj. We spent 5 hours (I'm a horrible shopper) looking and driving and talking and looking some more before I left with with new car. Not once did Dj or anyone lose patience rush me or use any pressure what so ever to make my purchase. I cant tell u how happy i am with my choice.

Not so great internet department

by from Kirkland, WA |

Was in the market to buy the new VW Passat 2014. Saw they have one on Cars.com with exact same color combination I wanted. Send them a request and didn't got any response for couple of days. Send another request and then got a call from a sales lady(Rovenna) thanking me for interest and asking me when would I like to come in. I asked her to first confirm on the price, because I didn't wanted to drive from Kirkland to Tacoma and then loose a deal on price. She said she will check with her manager and call me back. Well, I never heard back from her. So I went to my local dealership, VW of Kirkland. They brought the same car from Tacoma for me and offered it at the price I was looking far. Saved me a drive to Tacoma.

Larson Volkswagen responded to this review

February 26, 2014

Hello Harry, My name is Noah and I am the Customer Service Manager for the Larson Automotive Group. Firstly, let me congratulate you on your new purchase and apologize that we didn't get back to you in a timely manner so that we could earn your business. I received your review and am currently researching how we were able to let you slip through the cracks. Would you please email me at noahgregg@looklarson.com or call me at 253-242-4127 so that I may get a little bit more information to get to the bottom of this please? Thank you much, and again I apologize for your experience with our store.

sooo happy from seattle...

by from seattle wa |

We were shopping for a specific vw color and options. We called in and talked to a former marine Nathan S. He was very helpful he found our car for us and arranged a demonestration and inspection. Upon arrival our soon to be new car was clean and gassed up for us to drive. After our drive Nathan presented us with the financial numbers of the new car and our trade in. After very little negotiations we were completely satisfied with our new car transaction. Nathan is truley a professional who is respectful to our time and concerns. We were completely at ease from start to finish. If you want a smoth transaction just ask for Nathan. Thank you guys so much.

Great dealership!

by from Oly, WA |

Great dealership! This dealer came through for me. I was able to take a car overnight which is not too normal since half the time most dealers won't even let you take a test ride by yourself. I had already made up my mind. I got a great deal right away. I needed to leave before we finished the paperwork and would return the following day. They had everything prepared and ready I only needed to sign and drive. So happy with the team at Larson VW. Would buy from again and recommend.

Bad Car buying experience

by from gig harbor, wa |

I've had a bad car buying experience from Larson VW. It started with a very low price offer on my trade in when they claim to offer 110% of Kelly blue book. Their offer was $3000 below. The service department took 2 days to install the theft system which is a one hour job. 50 days after buying the new car I still don't have the license and registration. They charge $150 for a documentation fee, but don't perform.

Great Dealer to do Business

by from Tacoma, WA |

The people and the inventory was amazing! I came in from a different dealer and they had the vehicle I wanted and I was treated like family. I will buy again from them.