Toyota of Olympia

Toyota of Olympia

2225 Carriage Loop SW, Olympia, WA 98502

New 888-605-6910
Used 888-326-5841

You can count on us all around the Puget sound!!

Car Buyer

by from Olympia, WA |

I made an appointment to test drive a 2014 Corolla LE ECO at a specific time. After waiting over 45 minutes because my sales person was with another customer, I walked out. I was chased down while driving out of the parking lot and lured back in by a member of the internet team. The car I had requested to test drive was located at another lot...more wait time. Needless to say, after failing to negotiate to the Costco pricing (and was asked to pay the advertising fees) I left and found a dealer out of town that was able to negotiate a better deal for my trade and a better price for the Corolla.

Update

by from Olympia, WA |

I wrote a review the other day about my experience buying a used 2002 Camry and the problems with the alarm system and not getting all the keys and remote. I just received a call from the Used Car Manager who listened to my concerns, and offered me another master key and another remote, free of charge. He stated his purpose is to make sure that customers are satisfied. I was impressed by his actions, so I am now upgrading my rating. This dealership does have high quality used cars, I don't have an issue with the actual car, and the problems I had have been resolved to my satisfaction.

Go Somewhere Else!

by from Olympia WA |

I bought a used Camry here, after doing a lot of research, on both the dealer and the actual car. After test driving, I decided to buy it. During the negotiating process, they asked me THREE times if I wanted an alarm system installed for $800. I kept telling them no. So I finally get the car, but they only gave me the sub-key. I didn't notice until I got home that I had no other keys, or remote, in the package. Returned next day, and was told that there were no other keys, or remote. That seemed a bit odd to me, as the previous owner had kept the car in pristine condition, that there were no master keys (the car is supposed to have two) or remote. They told me, "it happens." So I went and got two copies made of the key I did have. I found out later that if I tried to open my trunk with the sub-key they gave me, the alarm went off! The alarm I declined paying $800 extra for. It was already installed, it had been installed by the previous owner. I had to go back to the dealer to get a remote, since I could not find one online, because I did not know what series alarm system I had, and didn't know how to work it. It was armed, and I had no way of resetting it, and no way to get in the trunk from outside the car. Every time I went back to the dealer, they insisted I had to contact the salesman, but he had given me a phone number that was a disconnect, and was located down the street. Both times I went up there, I had to wait until they contacted him, then was told he was busy, so then I could state my needs. I just wanted a simple answer both times: 1. Was there another key or remote? and 2. How do I work the alarm system (which I was told it did not have, and declined paying $800 extra for) I ended up having to pay over $100 for a remote (and to get it programmed) for an alarm system I did not want, just so I could disarm it and get into my trunk. The whole thing left me feeling like I was being lied to: that they were trying to get me to pay $800 for an alarm (that was already installed), and when I declined, they kept the remote. The guy in parts was really nice and helpful, but the service managers were just short of being outright rude. I hope to never have to return there again.

Poor service

by from Olympia |

Went in was interested in a vehicle, the salesman couldn't find the keys, took him 15 minutes to actually find them. Was interested in another vehicle that he told us would be in over the weekend! he took my name and number, and never called Won't deal with them

Unresponsive

by from Olympia |

The reviews of this dealer thus far have been quite accurate. I went into this dealer & test drove a vehicle, discussed my trade in & did some paperwork. I was told I'd receive a call the next day. Noon arrives the next day and no call. I decided to call them again and I was told I'd be contacted back later that day. That never happened and i ended up calling them again late in the evening. Frustrated, I informed the person who answered the phone of their current rating on cars.com. Which i'd just discovered. I also reflected if things are this bad it must be obvious amongst themselves. I'm not sure if i wasn't aggressive enough or what, but it certainly seems to take a lot to motivate the staff here. They just don't care.

Not worth the the time

by from Olympia, WA |

Jeff (their internet/wholesale/fleet dealer) contacted me quickly after the Costco referral, and was knowledgeable and professional on the phone and in person. When he left for his weekend I was passed off to someone that "works with him". The next day, the 2nd guy seemed very busy and not very interested in working with me. I was then passed off to a retail sales person that started in with all the retail tricks. The Customer Service Rep that also contacted me wasn't much help as she wasn't a sales person and was limited to getting brochures, water and passing on messages. After letting them know that I had driven an hour away to a different Toyota dealer and made a down payment on a car, Gary (a sales manager) called and left a message. I called Gary back the next day and he didn't seem to know anything about me or that he had called, nor did he seem to care. Now my question is, do I expect anything different from their service department?

Classic Bait and Switch Dealer

by from Tacoma, WA |

Spent two hours on Monday looking for a new 2011 Prius to take advantage of Toyota's financing offer. This dealer was the only one who had one with the options I wanted. Called on Monday to confirm the car was still available and spoke with Jeremy. Made an appointment to see the car after work today (Tuesday). At 4:15, I was 60 miles away. Drove two hours through rush hour traffic to keep my appointment. Walked in and was told the car had sold that morning and that they tried to call. I know that is a lie because the only phone number they had records all the numbers that call and I had already received two calls from them confirming the appointment to look at the car.