Alaska Sales & Service

(1.5) 4 Reviews

1300 E 5th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501

Never AGAIN!

by from Anchorage, AK |

Never again going there! Salesman was rude as heck. What was supposed to be a nice, quick look around and possible purchase, turned into the complete opposite! Salesman was rude when we told him we didn't want the vehicle HE was trying to sell to us. He kept trying to sell us a vehicle after we continued to pass on it. In the end told us that we'll never find anything like that vehicle, oh, and the "good luck trying to find something like this" comment made at the end. They should really learn to sell according to what the BUYER wants/needs, and not what THEY think. Another example, we wanted a standard sized vehicle, NOT an SUV! Obviously, they're not thinking about the potential customer, but of their own commission. But whatever. Learned our lesson, never AGAIN.

Didn't order new car by deadline/changed $ on #2

by from Anchorage, AK |

We ordered a new SUV, 5 weeks later when I checked in, there was no car ordered. So, we looked at one somewhat comparable, but had a heads up display we did not have on our order ($1,000). We went to buy and sign all papers & our salesperson left to "do a favor" for his big boss. Come to find out, he's out with other customers. Chad had stepped in and could not come up with the numbers Chuck had down on our sheet. We left after several hours of waiting & going back and forth. We then spoke with Chuck about the numbers and he had done his math wrong, but would "eat " the difference. We were suppose to be on the same page and going to give it another go around. We even waited for his two days off. When we came in ready to pick up the car, they changed the numbers again. After all being said and them not budging and not standing by their price written on our sheet, my husband called it all off and we finally got our original $500 deposit back. Alaska Sales and Service is very difficult to work with. After almost 2 months of time & energy we walked out with nothing but frustration. Very dishonest company, this situation went beyond a typical car sales in the department of dishonesty.

Alaska Sales & Service responded to this review

October 28, 2012

We were not able to order 2012 GMC Acacia as promised due to General Motors restrictions, and our follow-up to customer was not acceptable. This is why our Variable Operations Manager, Mark Caving, reached out to customers to hear their side of story, and asked what we could do to make experience right. We came to agreement on new terms for purchase and both customer and Alaska Sales and Service are very happy with outcome. Our Sales Consultant, Annex Cull, has taken extra time to explain the options of the 2012 GMC Acacia, and the customer has recently purchased winter tires after the purchase. This was great ending to very negative situation.

Never again

by from Eagle River |

I bought my trailblazer and have required some standard repairs at this dealer. It took me 14 hours to complete the sale of this vehicle and continue to struggle getting the repairs for items I have already paid for. I have spent many mornings discussing issues and now have the service organizers headed straight to the managers office as soon as they see me standing there. If they would just fix the issue and stop jacking me around, we would all get along better. WOULD NEVER ALLOW ANYONE I KNOW GO TO THIS DEALER FOR ANYTHING!

Average Dealership

by from Anchorage, AK |

I was shopping around for a used car. Car salesmen attack you as soon as you step foot on this lot. It's annoying, more excessive than other dealerships. When I want to look at a car, I do it when the dealership is closed, so I can actually look at numerous cars. One time when I tried to drive off the lot I had 5 salesmen stop me on the way out, I just wanted to leave. I like the layout of the cars and the building is big and updated.