Cal Worthington Ford Lincoln

Used 888-899-8331
Service 877-335-6999

Professional, listened, respectful, comfortable

by from Anchorage, Alaska |

Terry Merta is the most knowledgeable , kind, patient , compassionate , car professional I have had the pleasure to interact with via my on the lot sales person. She understood, and within professional parameters did her best to meet all my needs as a senior citizen making what (to me and to Terry) was the largest consumer cash purchase I will make for the rest of my life. I was treated with such kindness and dignity by Ms. Merta that I would refer friends, family and business associates to Cal Worthington Ford without hesitation. She makes the Ford Family proud. You're lucky to have her! Neil Kitamura

Professional

by from Anchorage, Alaska |

Terry Merta is the most knowledgeable , kind, patient , compassionate , car professional I have had the pleasure to interact with via my on the lot sales person. She understood, and within professional parameters did her best to meet all my needs as a senior citizen making what (to me and Terry understood) was the largest consumer cash purchase I will make for the rest of my life. I was treated with such kindness and dignity by Ms. Merta that I would refer friends, family and business associates to Cal Worthington Ford without hesitation. She makes the Ford Family proud. You're lucky to have her! Neil Kitamura

Awesome Sales and Service!!!!!

by from Anchorage, AK |

Yesterday I was in the mood to buy a new car so I decided to go to Cal Worthington and just look around. I was greeted by Joe Kucz where he showed me a ford fusion. The whole service depart, Terry/Kyle crew was awesome at detailing my new car. Joe, Ed and Terry in sales were amazing! I've had a great experience with the people at Cal's!!!!!!!!

Excellent service and business

by from Fairbanks, AK |

From the first, my husband and I appreciated the staff who were waiting for us to walk in. Everyone was polite and courteous and I appreciated the fact that they actually WANTED to do business. All the other dealerships I've been to have been very...Alaskan in nature and didn't care to negotiate or anything. I already knew which car I wanted, but they encouraged us to take it for a test drive to make sure we liked it and didn't notice any problems while driving that we had issues with. They also had trouble starting it so they replaced the battery for free to make sure I didn't have any issues. My car was used and came with a warranty, something no other dealership offered us, and the dealer, Elliott, gave us his home phone number as well, which came in handy right away as I couldn't figure out how to unlock my car. Overall excellent service and business. I drove six hours from Fairbanks and would do so again to buy a car from here.

Terrible on the service end

by from Anchorage, Ak |

If I could give negative stars I would. This is LITERALLY the worst dealership I've ever dealt with. My husband and I purchased a 2013 Escape prior to moving to AK - we were happy with our dealership in Portland but quickly found that Worthington Ford is full of swarmy, evil "service consultants". Because we purchased a Ford (poor decision from the get-go), we have had our vehicle in to Worthington at least 5 times since we moved here in May 2013. My two favorite experiences are as follows: 1) The power steering randomly goes out in my vehicle. After two attempts to locate the source of the problem the "service consultant's" answer..."well we can't find the problem, but don't worry, it will get worse and then we can fix it". 2) We owned the Escape for 1 year and 1 month and came back from vacation to faulty alternator. We take it to Worthington and they swear they have no loaners available (again, this is our only car). We literally throw a fit and then get a call back an hour later saying "someone has just returned a loaner, it's yours now!". We go to pick it up - they can't find the loaner. When they pull it up, it clearly wasn't just returned because it was covered in a thick blanket of snow and ice! Suffice to say, we are trading our Escape because we have HATED dealing w/ Worthington! Our advice - STAY AWAY.

Buy a car somewhere else!

by from anchorage, alaska |

Multiple times I've been to this dealership and found the same experience...overpriced and want to negotiate to the point where you'd have to be either extremely stupid to take the deal or want to bury yourself in a financial hole. Example "i'll sell you this car for $4,000 over book and take your trade $2,500 under trade value!" I understand your trying to get the best deal you can for the dealership but don't insult me!

Great for us!

by from Anchorage, AK |

I bought a couple vehicles from them and am considering a third. So far, no issues. They are car salesmen so I expect a certain amount of forwardness...but you'll encounter that anywhere. Keep to your guns and you should end up with a favorable outcome!

Shady at best

by from Soldotna, Alaska |

Asked a very specific question about a 2007 Mini Cooper S advertised on cars.com. The question was, what made the advertised 6 year old car so special that they were asking a price higher than the base price of a brand new car of the same make and model. The reply received stated the car was no longer available for sale, no answer regarding the very high asking price. A week later, the car was still advertised at the same price. May be an oversight, or just a shady business model. Either way, they won't get my business.

Buyer Beware

by from Anchorage, Alaska |

Purchased a tuck from Cal?s, the first truck they put me in was too small for my family. Returned the truck, and they sold me on a new ford. Overall great truck, bad dealership. Finance guy tried to keeping my finance within the State of Alaska, but secured financing from an outside institution. Finance department messed up my paper work multiple times, sent me home with the wrong truck, and paperwork. Had to miss work on multiple occasions to deal with bad administrative issues. Dealer did not send title to credit union, which in return defaulted to a higher interest rate and monthly payment. Lied about the usage and amount of the PFD. Went to court, fought had to miss more work, fed up with them. Once you buy they don?t care anymore, customer service is out the door and true colors shine though. Noticed other potential buyers credit applications laying around for other customers to review, high possibility identity thieves could do well by just walking around the showroom looking for unsecured credit applications. Bad dealership, avoid it at all cost !!! You have been warned

Financially challenged

by from Anchorage |

Went to look at a car they had on website.Didn't let us test drive and tried to push us into a more expensive car. Held our ground for original vehicle. Guy refused to let us purchase the car any other way than with their financing. Red flag! What kind of scam are you running that we can only use your financing??