Kendall Toyota of Anchorage

Service 866-683-7640

Simple, Fun & Easy!

(2014) Toyota Fav4

by from Anchorage, Alaska |

We knew the model we wanted when we decided it was time to give up our 4-wheel drive truck. Our last stop was at Kendall Toyota. Our sales consultant was Alexander Mora, he was so helpful, showed us a Fav4, it happened to be everything we had wanted. He spent a lot of time with us, answered all our questions. Did not pressure us. Just made the buying process very pleasant.Thank you, Alex

Excellent service, fast, easy and efficient!

by from Anchorage, AK |

I always seem to have a good experience servicing my vehicle at Kendall Toyota of Anchorage. The check-in procedure is quick, efficient and out of the weather in a warm check-in bay. The service advisor's know their stuff and the work get's completed promptly. I appreciate the full explanation of the work being performed both before and after the work is done. I'll be back!

Great, friendly service!

by from Anchorage, AK |

Absolutely, the most wonderful service anywhere! The staff is so friendly, helpful and professional and the work is done on time and reasonably priced. I'll keep coming back.

false advertising, unmotivated sales people

by from Kenai, Alaska |

Wow! So after looking on Kendall Toyota of Anchorage's website and seeing all of the Base Tacoma models in exactly the configuration i have been looking for, a 4 door 4wd automatic shortbed, I drove 2 1/2 hours to get to the dealership. Imagine my surprise when the salesman told me that they had sold all 32 models of the Tacoma that were on the internet. I asked him then why they had not updated the website, which still shows all of the same trucks as *in stock* as of this writing, and he said he didn't know. In fact, that was pretty much his answer to all of my questions, "I don't know." All he could show me was an over priced 2014 TRD model that had things I didn't need or want. However, I was ready to make the deal. I had come prepared with cash to buy a truck. He would not come down on the price at all. I didn't know that Kendall was a no-haggle dealership. In a month the new 2015s will be hitting the lot. It made no difference. The salesman did not want to sell me the truck. In fact he kept saying that the Tacoma's sell themselves and he didn't have any reason to work for the sale. I found Kendall to be fraudulent with using the old bait and switch tactic. Showing vehicles they did not have as available, and then once you are there, switching a more expensive model for the non existent model that had been advertised. I also found their salesman to highly UNmotivated to make a sale. He really didn't care whether we got a truck or not. I highly doubt that even if I begged him to sell me the truck it would have made any difference. I am really really disappointed in my shopping experience at Kendall and it has made me start looking at a Nissan Frontier or a Dodge Ram 1500. I had hoped to make a purchase this weekend but Kendall didn't want to make a sale. I was pretty much going to take the deal if he had knocked ANYTHING off the price. But he just wouldn't. The whole experience has just left a very bad taste in my mouth and I just highly doubt I will be back to make a purchase from them any time soon.

Kendall Toyota of Anchorage responded to this review

August 5, 2014

We are very sorry that your experience here at Kendall Toyota of Anchorage was not exceptional and want to thank you for your review. Our mission at Kendall Toyota of Anchorage is to make sure every customer is valued and has a good experience. Someone from the Kendall staff will be calling you shortly as we would like to take this opportunity to discuss your experience and find a resolution. Thank you again for your review, we hope to talk to you soon.

Incompetent mechanic.

by from Copper Valley Alaska |

Incompetent service department. Took Tacoma in March 2014 for seatbelt recall and oil change. Arrived 7am to be told no record of my appt (that was confirmed twice) Mechanic installed wrong weight oil, 5 quarts instead of 7 (as required) and the wrong oil filter. Never again will I recommend theis dealer.

worst service place ever

by from anchoage ak |

I have bought a 2009 Toyota matrix s model in June/23/2008 I have been trying to get ahold of a service manager but they never call back when leaving vm! I have called 6 times left 3 messages two with the lady who answers the phone. I personally will never buy a car from anchorage Toyota Kendal! I am out of warranty because I have been trying to buy extended warranty and they will not call me back! I will never bring my car there for maintenance or to buy anything from the dealer ever again! I will buy dodge or something else Toyota is a good car there service is not so good!

Great service

by from Anchorage, AK |

Worked with Jason Bartlett and found him to be helpful in every way and very knowledgeable about the Toyota products. Would highly recommend asking for his assistance and will contact him in the future when we are ready to buy another vehicle.

Now that WAS Simple, Fun, and Easy!

by from Anchorage, AK |

Friendly, no pressure sales from Jason Bartlett was just the fantastic beginning to loving my new 4Runner! The Service department and Toyota care program make maintenance easy! Then I referred my friend in to see Jason Bartlett. She loves her new RAV4 and I got $100 for sending her in to see Jason!

Horrible Experence

by from Anchorage, AK |

I have had one of the worst experiences with a dealers service department. First off, I bought a 2007 GMC Sierra in July 2013 that was sold to me with new rims the dealership included to help improve the look. However, when I took this vehicle in the day after I bought it to MIDAS, they noticed the center hub cap piece broken. Not only that, I was sold the truck with worn front and rear brake rotors, a hub assembly that needed immediate replacement, an A/C belt that was cracked, and tires that were very worn and needed immediate replacement. I was thankfully taken care of by Travis, the used card manager that took care of getting these things fixed. However, I took my truck in for the second time (this time to replace hub cap since they needed to order 4 new ones) and it took 3 hours to replace hub caps! I had an appt. at 230pm and my truck didn't even get onto a lift until 440pm. Not only did that tick me off, but then I just took in my truck to get new tires put on and 1 of 2 things occured. 1, either the service rep that worked on my vehicle broke one of the tire rods on one my wheels, or he was not paying attention at all and didn't catch it. Either way, this was poor service and it has been an on going issue with Kendalls service department. Overall, my original buying experience was great but the fact these vehicle was up for sale with all the issues they had only makes me think Kendall Toyota does not care about the safety of its customers. Be very careful if you buy a used vehicle from this dealer and be sure to get it fully inspected by at least 2 mechanics!

Very Rude

by from Anchorage, Alaska |

As I was looking to buy my first car I saw one I really liked at Kendall, before setting up a time to come down and look at it and test drive it I received multiple emails and phone calls of them trying to get me in. It was very annoying and I felt very pressured. Once I got there, the dealer I had was new and didn't know much about the vehicle or anything. He kept going back and forth getting the answers. Another guy came and he was plain rude. Treating me like I didn't know what I was doing, saying he wasn't going to fix the scratches or dings in the vehicle and you could tell all he wanted was as much money possible. He wouldn't even budge in the price even though there were cracks and stuff. He was pressuring me into getting it right then and there. I ended up getting up and leaving. I can't believe they would act like that and treat their customers that way. I will never go back and I will make sure to let everybody know my experience and make sure they don't go there either.

Slow and Ineffective

by from Anchorage, AK |

I drove my Toyota pickup in for a new clutch and promptly received advice for multiple other repairs which I am able to do myself. The truck has been in their shop for almost 2 weeks, with the clutch disassembled. Now they tell me they cannot find parts for it and only after this amount of time are contacting management. Hope you have a better experience on your Toyota or Lexus.