DARCARS Pre-Owned Fairfax

Used 877-268-8877

Home of the Lifetime Relationship Warranty

One Happy Customer

by from Upper Marlboro, MD |

I went in to look at and maybe purchase a 2007 Honda Accord from Darcars Fairfax, but unexpectedly, the money that I transferred to my main account didn't transfer the day it said it would. They still worked with me! I drove off the lot happier and more relieved then when I got there!

Disorganized

by from Fairfax, VA |

You should always trust your gut! I had read the reviews on DARCARS and thought the negative reviews were probably just people blaming their negative experience on the dealership, since everything else was mostly positive. I still didn't have a great feeling walking into the place (I've never seen more unprofessional looking sales people), but we ended up finding an older vehicle with low mileage within our price range. This part is entirely our own fault--I know never to sign contracts when trying to chase a toddler ever again--but we came home and realized the final price of the vehicle was TWO THOUSAND dollars more than we had been told. We called our sales person the next day, and he assured us this was because of the repairs we had agreed to have them do (we had thought it just needed an inspection and battery--but again, this was our own fault). I wasn't terribly happy considering we have a family friend who is a mechanic and $2000 seemed incredibly steep, but as long as we wouldn't have to service the vehicle for some time, I figured it was a lesson in learning to listen better and review everything prior to signing contracts ever again. Not even a week later, the car just turned off while it was being driven. We had it towed to our mechanic, who put in a new alternator. After explaining the situation with the battery, he told us based on what I had said, it was pretty obviously a bad alternator, not battery. No big deal though, people make mistakes and alternators can just go bad without any signs. Except he also informed me the car had an oil leak--something not so easy to miss. When we went back to DARCARS with our concern, we were told that the price we paid ($2000 more than we had been told, and $1500 more than KBB value) was just the price of the car, and we should have purchased an extended warranty... which we were never offered. We had more than one sales person on our purchase, so it is definitely possible something got lost in translation (not to mention that, again, I realize this is partially our own fault), but I will never be doing business with DARCARS again. If the vehicle had been the original price we had been told and they had been upfront about the repairs, this would not have been an issue at all, but I feel lied to on numerous occasions.

Pretended to have car that I was interested in....

by from Washington, DC |

Sent my niece to test drive i found on the website, low and behold she calls me back to tell me that they sold the car to an auction because of engine failure. However they kept emailing me and calling me to see if I was coming in to see that particular car...Never again will I deal with Darcars.....

Great Job by DarCars

by from Lorton, VA |

Our experience with Hadi as a sales rep was superb. He was very low key and there was no pressure. He listened to my concerns and helped me choose the best vehicle, not the most expensive vehicle. He allowed us to purchase the vehicle contingent on SMOG and Safety Inspection, which were performed without a hitch. He allowed us to take the vehicle to our mechanic who spent an hour doing a thorough checkout of the vehicle. There were issues to be dealt with but nothing that is surprising for a 15 year old vehicle with 135,000 miles. He worked with us so that we could drive the vehicle until our insurance check came in from a collision loss of the vehicle we were replacing. As with any used car, you must check things out thoroughly and understand what you are getting and that the car won't be perfect. We are very happy with our purchase, the very warm and friendly staff and the way we were treated.

Beware - junk cars sold here

by from Cleveland OH |

I bought a truck on the internet, from out of town. Once I arrived, the sales guy picked me up, from the Metro station in town, in the truck I bought. The truck overheated before we made it back to the dealership. Then the sales person continued to drive the car after it overheated. This caused the engine to freeze up. So I received a refund and went home. No money for my expenses was returned. I even asked them to check the car before I made the trip. Oh and by the way - the truck with the seized engine was back on cars.com four days after I came home, from my trip. No mention in the ad of a seized engine. Makes me curious as to the game being played at this dealership.

If you buying from Darcars come with a Tow truck

by from Reston VA |

Fairfax County should cloes these people... We went to see 3 cars. ALL 3 did not start. How can they SELL cars like this...

top shelf

by from Bunker hill wv |

I was looking for a certain vehicle. My chevy 1500 had 370k on it and for a couple days it had been acting strangely. I work in Chantilly. Very close to this dealer . Myn credits not the best as I had a long term illness and a spouse death about 2 years ago. These guys went above and beyond to help me.

Buyer Be Aware

by from Chambersburg, PA |

DARCARS posted photos of a gorgeous looking car, and the price was a shocking $3 - $4000 less than comparable offerings. The free online CarFax showed it was higher-mileage, but accident free and well maintained. For that price I thought, "It's too good to be true... but I'm going to go and look at it anyway, just in case it really IS true." Sadly, I was disappointed; not in the car itself, but in everything else I saw there. Their back lot seems to be filled with salvage and damaged cars, along with an on-site body shop... and it didn't take me too long to think that might be how they can offer cars for so much less money. I'm not saying the exact car in question WAS a fixer-upper: I just didn't even bother to stop and get out after I saw that. I don't mind a "dented but well repaired" car; what I do mind is not being up front with that info. (The car in the ad I read had no indication of that though.) I'm not saying that the exact car YOU might be interested in at DARCARS has been in an undisclosed accident either. I'm saying that I think you should ASK before you put down your hard earned $$$ for a car that might not be all you hope it is. Buyers, please be aware of this possibility and be cautious.

Customer Service was Great

by from Glen Burnie, Maryland |

I had not bought a car in over thirteen years and was not looking forward to it. But Karen and Santiago made the experience extremely pleasant, cordial, and hassle-free. Even though we had gone not expecting to buy the car today, Santiago was very helpful and didn't pressure us when we told him we were just beginning our search for another car in the family. At the end, we liked what we saw and the price was in our range. We appreciate the experience that we had today. Please see either Karen or Santiago If you are in the market for a pre-owned vehicle at a great price and value.

#1 Sales Team

by from Greenbelt, MD |

This is my 8th vehicle I have purchased in my life so far. The team of Santiago Blanco and Hadi were exceptional. I know I received a fair deal from Darcars of Fairfax. Santiago was very engaged and honest in the process of determining my best finance option for us at this time. Further, Santiago made it known that he wanted our business. He was attentive, kind and helpful and I don't believe he left a penny on the table that we didn't discuss. Unlike the sales person at the the other dealership who clearly didn't care if we purchased from them. Hadi was a sheer delight. He is a VERY knowledgeable, having worked at this dealership for MANY years. Prior to making our decision, Hadi walked me through all of the features of the car. After we made the purchase decision, Hadi meticulously reviewed all of the settings and options as well as the operation of headlights, wipers, etc. He made certain I was 100% happy before taking delivery. I encourage anyone who is interested in value and exceptional customer service to visit this dealership AND SEE THE TEAM of SANTIAGO AND HADI.

Poor service

by from Landover |

Was not what expected car was to points from being an limon type car when first paid for car had to many hidden problems had to return the car many times.