Rosen Honda

7000 Grand Ave., Gurnee, IL 60031

New 888-420-8088
Used 888-659-1689
Service 888-849-0330

Buying a car can be tricky...

by from Orland Park, IL |

Buying a used car is tricky. As long as you know what you want and how much you're willing to spend, and stick to your guns, then you'll be fine. My saleswoman at Rosen, Miriam, was great to work with. Since the dealership is over an hour away, I was able to do my negotiating over the phone. Once we agreed to the price, all I did was sign and drive! Beware of the finance manager, Rick. He can be rude and pushy - especially when you don't finance through them. (My bank gave me a better rate.) Overall, I am very satisfied.

Purchased here multiple times but I have moved on

by from Richmond, IL |

I have purchased multiple cars from these guys over the years. They are a typical dealership, they are in business to make money. I don't hate them for that, the guys there were honest with me on prices. I would have given them a bid for my latest car, except all of the Rosen properties have now posted the Illinois 'No Firearms' sign, which means I will shop somewhere else from now on even though it is farther away.

Terrible Sales Experience

by from Plainfield IL |

Went to look at a used car. Everything looked good visually, but on the test drive the low oil pressure light came on. Immediately decided we didn't want the car due to this, and the sales person decided to argue it may not be a big deal. I agreed and commented that it may be a huge deal as well and we're not interested. He called back to say the service dept didn't find any codes so it's okay. He then argued that it's okay because there were no codes. This didn't change the fact the light had come on, which may have indicated an actual mechanical problem. Furthermore, we placed a deposit for them to hold the car, which was to be refunded regardless of our decision to purchase. After numerous calls to have them refund the deposit, they actually charged us again. After the second charge they became completely uncooperative. 100% dissatisfied!

BEWARE--PROBLEMS WITH SALES DEPT

by from gurnee, il |

New car sales department very difficult to deal with--unwilling to provide quote via e mail. There are much better Honda dealers in the area.

DON'T BUY FROM THIS DEALER!

by from Vernon Hills, IL |

I am so frustrated with this dealership. Do NOT buy a car from them. I emailed them for a quote through cars.com. Alan Laudonckas emailed me back. He gave me a very good price on a Honda CRV that seemed too good to be true. I emailed him back asking for the total price all together (including taxes, fees, etc) to make sure I wasn't being bait and switched. After much back and forth (he kept bugging me to come in even though I had already test drove the vehicle) he finally gave me the 'out the door' price. I was very excited and told him I would be coming in to purchase the vehicle the following day. The next day I confirmed in the morning before I went to the dealership that the color of the car I wanted was in stock. I then took time off work to go in and buy the vehicle. Sure enough, for no valid reason, the price he gave me was no longer good. His excuse was the discount allotment had been used up the day before or something. He told me it would be $1000 more. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!!! I e-mailed the day before AND called THE DAY OF before I went in and he never mentioned the price increase. I still am very mad and upset by this and walked out the door. I will NEVER ever being using this dealership again and I highly recommend going somewhere else. Luckily, another dealership honored the price.

Rosen Honda responded to this review

June 17, 2013

I want to say we're sorry for the Human Error. It truly was a mistake. We don't play the game simple HUMAN ERROR.

Typical Car Dealership

by from Chicago, Il |

Drove to this dealership to check out a GMC Terrain that they had listed online i went ahead and called before heading over spoke to Frank and was told that the car was still available. Once i got there he went to go look for the keys and had no luck in finding them he then tells me that the car was sold earlier. i called around 11am asking about the car. Typical car dealership lying to just get people into their dealership. Didn't bother wasting my time any longer and just left. Thanks for nothing

Horrible experience

by from Milwaukee, WI |

We purchased a car from here drove from Milwaukee to buy this trail blazer. We thought we got a really great deal until the car started slowing down and had to go to the repair shop the next day.There we were informed that the axel was broken I was furious as this is a HUGE SAFETY hazard. The cost was almost $500 out of pocket because this was not included in the warranty. The manager Tim was extremely rude by the way well Long story short we've had the car for 2 weeks and it has been in the repair shop 3 times now there is a sensor in the steering wheel throwing of the stability of the truck another $500 out of pocket! I do NOT recommend this dealership to anyone stay away otherwise you will regret it right away!!!!

Poor Sales Service

by from Mundelein, IL |

I shopped for a new Xterra on-line using readily available tools. No answer on the 800 number, so called the main dealership number. I was put on hold 3 x and no salesman ever picked up. Called back and finally talked to a salesman after waiting another 20 minutes. After a conversation which tested my litigation skills to get some straight answers, it turns out the vehicle price listed on-line was not the actual price of the vehicle, but a price determined after all incentives were included, many of which most people would not qualify for. I went to the next nearest dealership and negotiated for an Xterra the same day. Why shop at Rosen when you can be treated right elsewhere? Stay Away!

A very nice experience

by from Lincolnshire, IL |

What can I say?...it was a very nice car buying experience. The entire process was easy, fast, and without any pressure at all. My salesman really knew the car and it's features and gave me a fair price. They went above and beyond to locate the exact car I wanted at a Wisconsin dealership and had the car brought down the very next day. When the time came for them to deliver the car the "no pressure" continued through the Finance Dept manager who didn't "pressure" me to buy additional products or services. I've recommended Rosen to a few others and I'll be going back to them when the time comes to buy another car.

A good experience

by from Lincolnshire, IL |

All I can say is that the entire buying process at Rosen was one of the easiest, no "pressure" car buying I've had in years. My salesman knew the product and it's features and gave me a fair price that was better than most. They went above and beyond in locating the exact car I wanted at another dealership in Wisconsin and brought it down the same day. The "no pressure" continued through the delivery process where the finance man had all the papers prepared and didn't try to "push" me into buying any additonal coverage or services. The entire experience was very nice and I've recommended Rosen to a few others. I'll be sure to give them another opportunity to sell me another car, when the time comes.

A good experience