Hersons Automotive

New 888-896-6795
Used 888-218-0579
Service 888-259-4022

Herson's Has IT!

Very satisfied with pre-owned Odyssey purchase.

by from Woodbridge, VA |

Certified Pre Owned Odyseey was priced very competively. I could not find a similarly equipped EX-L with navigation within $500 of their advertised price within 500 miles. We negotiated down some on top of that. There was no pressure in the purchase with the sales rep and the used car sales manager. The facility was a bit spartan, but not that important to me.

Hersons Automotive responded to this review

May 15, 2014

Thank you so much for your business! We hope you enjoy your Odyssey and we are always here if you need anything at all. Happy Driving!

Will sell a car out from under you.

by from Blue Ridge, VA |

I spent a week trying to arrange the purchase of a vehicle from several hours away. First they 'lost' the loan application I filled out via the link on the cars.com web ad for the vehicle. Then they found it, 2 days later. It was Saturday before they finally processed the loan application (note: my credit is not bad). I scheduled to travel the 5 hours to the dealership on Sunday to pick up the vehicle. They had called on Saturday afternoon with the financing information. I was out on the road late Saturday afternoon, picking up some cash and making ready for the trip when they called and left a message at my home saying that the vehicle had been sold. When my wife asked why didn't they ask for deposit to hold it they said it wouldn't have mattered, they would have sold it even if I had sent a deposit! Sorry Cars.com, but this experience has soured me on dealing with any dealer outside my local area.

Hersons Automotive responded to this review

April 17, 2014

Thank you for your input and we apologize for your experience. We were unaware of the broken link within the credit application on cars.com and have since corrected the issue. Thank you!

Couldn't Be Happier

by from Frederick, MD |

I purchased my Kia Sportage from Herson's and really couldn't be happier with the car and their customer service. They didn't have the exact trim level/options I wanted so the manager got on the phone right away and called around to other dealerships to find one. I was able to come back after work and they had the car waiting there for me to test drive. The finance process was short and sweet and I was out the door in an hour or so. They also gave me a great trade value on my Honda Civic. I would definitely purchase again from Herson's and recommend them highly.

Rude and dishonest manager

by from Burtonsville,MD |

I wish there was a negative five star rating. The manager at this dealer was something out of the movies. We spent hours there finalizing the price on a Honda accord. Then we were asked if we wanted to trade in our old car but the price offered was too low. So we said we would goto Camax literally 3 blocks away to see if we could get a better price, and sure enough they offered more. We returned to Hersons to finish the deal and the manager turned extremely rude and claimed the agreed upon price was only with a trade-in. Odd since it wasn't mentioned until afterwards as an after thought. The behavior of this man was unbelievable. We left in disgust. Went to Sport Honda in Burtonsville the next day and not only was the service amazing, with no hard sell and courteous honesty the whole time, but they easily beat Hersons price. Save yourself a lot of grief and steer clear of Hersons. We love our new Honda, partially because we did not buy it from such a rude dealer.

Web problems

by from Rockville MD |

My email was never respond about a car that I wanted to buy

Maintains inventory of some very nice vehicles

by from Laurel, MD |

I went to the dealership to look at a Honday odyssey. By the time we reached the lot, someone else was already looking at the same car. Instead of waiting, we just wanted to explore vehicles in their inventory. Surprised to find a lower mileage vehicle for the same price of the original one. We test drove the 2010 model EX-L; sounded like brand new. Very well maintained. When the negotiations started, sales manager realized they had the wrong price sticker on the car (Tell me how many of you believed that reason) He refused to get into a bargain. Of the marked price he gave us a paltry $90 off to round off the figure. Its a 2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L with DVD system and 24K miles. I didn't want to complain much. I would recommend this dealership (not for the price marker mistakes) but for the way they maintain the cars in their inventory. Our Sales guy's name was Felix, The Russian.

Stay away from their service Center

by from Rockville, MD |

I no longer own the Honda Accord because of their service center. I went in for a safety concern and they did not fix the issue. They sold me a battery and wanted to fix an unrelated issue. The issue I was having with the vehicle could of caused me to lose control and I did not want to rear end someone. The service adviser questioned why I brought my car there since I've had repairs done at another dealership. It shouldn't matter, I have a Honda Vehicle and I paid for the diagnostic. Then, 2 hours later the adviser called me and told me they couldn't replicate the issue I told them about. In the end, they did not meet my needs as a consumer. The product sells itself but in these hard economic times, they should be asking for the business and not trying to rip of consumers. I felt scammed and cheated out of my diagnostic charge. I think it would of been fair for the adviser to say if it happens in the next week bring back the vehicle. Nothing was offered, I felt betrayed and out $70 for the diagnostics. They put a bad taste in my mouth and I will never think about Honda in the future when I need to make a vehicle purchase. Beware of this dealership and good luck with the service if you buy a vehicle with the dealership.

Very helpful, low pressure

by from Silver Spring, MD |

I went to look at one car and decided it was too small for me. Brad showed me several other options and I test drove an Accord. I wasn't ready to buy that day, but Brad and the sales manager were very gracious and didn't pressure me to buy. I went back a couple days later and got the car. I love it!

No-pressure test drive experience

by from Rockville, MD |

While I did not buy a vehicle from Herson's, I was impressed with my visit to their dealership. I did not feel pressured at all from the salesman. Cheeky Khanna was the sales representative who let me test drive the car that I was considering. I would highly recommend asking for Mr. Khanna if you go to Herson's. They were willing to let me take the vehicle to my mechanic for an independent evaluation - this is very important to me. In the end, the vehicle I wanted was at another dealership, otherwise I think I would have been happy buying from Mr. Khanna at Herson's.