Don Joseph Toyota/Scion

1111 W. Main St., Kent, OH 44240

New 888-646-2325
Used 888-603-0584
Service 888-409-3656

Who would you rather buy from?

Great experience!

by from Ravenna |

The best car buying experience buying from a dealer. Jay Lyons, the salesman that sold me my Equinox provided friendly and professional service. No pressures or games. I am very happy with my purchase and will do business here in the future. Thank you Jay and Don Joseph staff.

January 16, 2014

Hi Brian, Thank you so much for your feedback about your experience at our store. Feedback, whether positive or negative, helps us grow to serve customers better. I am so pleased your experience with Jay Lyons in our Sales Department was positive. He has been with us for many years, and that is why! Should you need help in the future, don't hesitate to contact Jay or me, Jess Joseph! We are always happy to help! Thank you again for your feedback and your vehicle purchase! Sincerely, Jess Joseph General Manager DJ Toyota/Scion 330-673-2200

Shopping for newer used vehicles

by from Uniontown, OH |

We made an appointment with Don Joseph Toyota through the cars.com web site. It was promptly picked up the next day and I received a phone call to set up an appointment. We were looking at a specific rental vehicle owned by the dealership that we found on cars.com. It was my first visit to this dealership which was a 40 minute drive. We were greeted and treated respectfully. There was no pressure, although they made an excellent effort to present and sell the vehicle. They even stayed after closing to accommodate our schedule. The vehicle was in excellent shape and reasonably priced. It was only the trade value that made us hesitate and ultimately decide against the purchase. The facility is nicely done and very clean. All the staff was friendly and professional.

Had what we were looking for

by from Tallmadge, OH |

Professional, good customer service, no pressure, had what we wanted when we wanted it.

Terrible Service

by from Kent, OH |

I have been a Don Joseph customer for over 15 years. Due to a recent experience, I will never set foot in the dealership again. Dealer made an $1,100 repair on my vehicle, and I was experiencing the exact same problems as when I brought it in. They of course I needed another repair (first repair was still necessary!). Took it to my local mechanic, he fixed it at no cost!!!! When I complained to the dealer, they reinstalled my original part (which I had taken at the time of the repair). Funny, the old part was now exhibiting all kind of symptoms it hadn't had the first time! First they tried to blame it on my mechanic (he hadn't touched anything to do with the part). Then they blamed it on me - I had the part. At NO time did the ever admit they might be the problem. I ended up having to spend $400-500 on a replacement part (better than the dealer's $900+ he was offering as an adjustment!). I shouldn't have had to spend a dime!!!! Not only did it cost me in $$, I also made 5 trips to the dealer trying to resolve the issues. My time is valuable too!

Recall Service Visit

by from Cincinnati Ohio |

Each visit to the service department has been eventful. Service personnel has been helpful explaining issues that effect the performance of my 2007 Camery as well as correctly analyzing and adjusting the problems.

Excellent

by from Tallmadge,Oh |

We just purchased a new Toyota Sequoia and our salesperson was John L. Bowers. In every area he was very detailed, not in a hurry. We could not have had a better experience. Also, sales manager check with us to see that we were being treated with respect. They are very professional.

Great Experience

by from Marion, OH |

Don Joseph Toyota was a great dealership. Gary was my dealer and he was wonderful. He was very helpful and informative and was able to answer all of my questions. No problems meeting my financial requirements. I will definately come back here for my next Toyota purchase.

Great Experience at Don Joseph Dealership

by from Akron, OH |

From the short but professional contacts with one sales staff giving us information only about the vehicle we were considering; to scheduling our first visit to look at and test drive the car based on our request for a darker interior and patiently explaining the buttons and answering all our questions; to working out a great price on the car, including their limited lifetime power drivetrain warranty and the free maintenance-cleaning products to take home for the car's interior and exterior; to the finance lady learning how we planned to pay for our new car and patiently explaining our protection and extended warranty options and how we could save, allowing us to choose what we wanted, and walking us through signing the papers to finance and purchase our new car; to getting the first treatment protection applied and scheduling the first six-month/5,000 mile maintenance appointment, and driving our new car home ... the entire process took only Saturday through Tuesday and was pleasant without any hassles. The facilities were comfortable, spacious, and clean, and the friendly staff were helpful and courteous. Don Joseph Toyota/Scion in Kent, Ohio is truly a great dealership with their primary concern for providing quality care, service, and vehicles that have great value. They definitely focus on meeting and satisfying the customer's needs.

Successful Deal!

by from Homeworth, OH |

I went to DJT with the intention of trading in my 10 year old vehicle that only got 21 MPG with a 2007 Toyota Yaris that reportedly gets 34 MPG. Jen was friendly, knowledgeable, and a terrific sales person because she gave me a great deal.

March 9, 2012

Thanks for the great review! Jen will sure appreciate your kind words. If you need anything in regards to your Yaris, don't hesitate to contact us. From the entire Don Joseph family, thank you for your business.

Stay away

by from Akron |

Terrible used car manager. The salesman for the most part seem to be good people, just don't let them take anything to management price or trades, they will rip you off. Find a better dealer one that has more honest management.

Purchasing a used car

by from Nineveh, Indiana |

Trina Wagner was the sales representative who negotiated my sale and trade in. She was very professional and great to work with. The dealership was extremely busy the day I made the purchase and it took some time to complete the paperwork, thats why I marked 4 stars out of 5 for Buying Process. I would be happy to return to this dealership and work with Trina on any future vehicle purchases

December 30, 2011

Thank you for such a great review! We strive for total customer satisfaction and seeing reviews like this really make our day!