Bertera Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM

539 Riverdale St, West Springfield, MA 01089

New 888-278-2231
Used 888-661-2987
Service 877-686-1851

The Better Way to buy a Car!

Phenomenal!

by from Agawam, MA |

I've used Bertera for both repairs and car purchases, as well as regular servicing and have nothing but accolades to heap upon the management, employees and facility. No pressure car sales and the salesmen are extremely helpful and dedicated to making the customer's buying experience painless and satisfying. Chris D and Justin made sure of that in my case. I would recommend this dealership to anyone in the market for a car for a fair price.

May 14, 2015

Alexis, thank you so much for your business and your review. We work hard to give our customers exactly what you experienced. Thanks again for letting everyone know! Respectfully, Dominick Salemi General Sales Manager

Extremely Satisfied Customer

by from Springfield, Ma |

I enjoyed my time at Bertera. This is the second time I got a car from there. I first had a Dodge avenger which ran great ever up to my trade in for the Dodge journey. Each car I received was brand new and sold to me at a great price. I went in the store yesterday to get the upgrade to the Journey which was my dream car. Daryll Wilson helped us walk out of the store the same day with the dream car. Great customer service I felt like family. I would be back in a few years when I'm ready for my next upgrade Thanks again Bertera! !!

Pure Awesomeness

by from Plattsburgh, NY |

I had done a lot of research into what I wanted, where I might go, how much I wanted to pay, etc. and Bertera's team met me right where I wanted to be. I got the vehicle I wanted and I paid almost exactly what I had planned to. Their service was excellent and their openness about the process and willingness to communicate is what won me over. I might not purchase another car for the next decade, but when I'm in the market again, I think I know exactly where I might turn to: Bertera (and Brian, he was an excellent salesman).

Worst experience

by from Amherst, MA |

Extremely bad experience. Their service department is the worst I ever encountered. I have a 2009 town and country, which drives just fine - until I took it to the dealership for a recall - on Friday, June 12th, 2015. Right after they changed the module, my car started to act up. The engine randomly shuts off at the stop-sign or the red lights. Only the reverse gear works after I backed out from parking. Sometimes, I have to restart the car 5 or 6 times. Then today - June 17th, 2015, I took my car to the same dealership, hoping to find out the cause. (Another big mistake!) Around 4pm, they called me to let me know they don't know the exact reason yet, but I can pay them $120, and bring my car home. I immediately rejected this idea. In the end, we agree to leave my car there for one more day. I just don't understand why I have to pay $120 for the damage they made to my car. Also, it is only diagnosis. My advice: do not service your car there. Who knows what they will do to your car. Also, anyone knows a better chrysler dealer around western mass? Update (June 22, 2015): Finally their transmission technician took a look at my car after the first tech couldn't figure out the cause. They called me around 4:30pm, and told me that the first step is to replace the spark plugs and wires. Of course the charge of $559.xx will be on me. When I asked how many steps they need, the girl would't give me an answer, just saying we will start from there. It is a 6-years-old car with only 50k miles on it. I don't see the reason to replace the spart plugs - but I won't mind if that is indeed the reason. The trouble is they aren't sure either, and they want to do trial-and-error, with me paying may-be completely unnecessary parts and labors.

Great Service

by from Enfield, CT |

It was our first time using Bertera and I can safely say it won't be our last! They were fantastic. Our salesman Daryl was the best car salesman that I have dealt with in my 19 years of buying cars. He was never pushy and help us get the best deal possible. I look forward to future business with Bertera.

An Unexpected Buy

by from Granby, Ma |

I would start by saying I was on my way to buy a mercedes when I just happened to stop by at Bertera. I was greeted by Igor who is a very friendly and warming salesman. Being a salesman myself I can sense bull, but Igor was more worried about me finding a practical and reliable car. I love my Dodge Dart Aero. I was looking for a lot of features, 4 door, with some power still. Igor found the right vehicle for me and the more I drive it the more happy I am with my decision. The only thing that I am a little disappointed about is the dart needed new brakes probably just from sitting so long. I requested new brakes my demands were acknowledge but instead of putting new rotors they just turned the rotors until they were a smooth meeting service again. I will more then likely buy new rotors only because my theory is that if the rotors are as thin as they are they can warp and I will have to repeat process. Other than that this was my best experience with a dealership and I appreciate everyone's attitude. I will definitely return for future vehicles.

2015 jeep purchase

by from SPRINGFIELD, MASS |

PURCHASED 2015 JEEP RUBICON. FACTORY ORDERED. IT TOOK ABOUT SIX WEEKS TO COME IN. PROCESS WAS VERY EASY. ROBERTO M. WAS MY SALESMAN. THIS IS MY SECOND NEW VEHICLE PURCHASED FROM BERTERA AND ROBERTO AS SALESMAN. IF THERE IS ANOTHER VEHICLE IN THE FUTURE I WOULD GO BACK AND SEE ROBERTO.

Did not buy anything

by from Spfld, MA |

When I first walked into the showroom, I was greeted within seconds. I was asked to sit at a table until a salesperson was availible. I sat at that table for 10-15 minutes before someone walked by and said, "Are you all set"? The showroom is small and cramped with sales people whizzing by. Just did not feel like they had any "customer service" knowledge other than selling a car. Igor was my sales person and "very" helpful and detailed with his information. I was only out to test drive a car, but in the end was put into a room to talk numbers. I was not out to buy anything. The a second person came into the room and I just felt trapped. I lost all interest by that point. I ended up with a different dealership and had an amazing experience. If I worked for a different dealership and I was recruiting, I would grab Igor and pay him what he wanted. Other than that, no, no, no.

May 14, 2015

Steve, thank you very much for your feedback and your kind words about Igor. Igor has been with us for over 18 years and does a great job for customers and the dealership alike. We are disappointed that you did not enjoy your experience and apologize for your short wait. As a volume and price leading dealership in the region we do experience very high volumes at times and it seems you were here during the peak of purchase activity. Thanks again for your feedback and congratulations on your purchase. Respectfully, Dominick Salemi

Not happy

by from agawam mass |

Well, I will start with how now that I completed a lease for a truck from them that I do not receive return phone calls from salesman . So, originally I was looking to buy a truck. When I arrived at the dealership, I found out that their photos are general pictures, not them actual vehicles they have. So when they came back with a larger payment, I told the salesman, what I was looking to pay. I went home to think about their higher offer. A few hours later he called me to see what was up. I told him the payment was to high and had to rethink what I was going to do. He says tell me where I have to be with payment and I will work with you. Well he already knew where it needed to be . So my wife and I returned anyways to look perhaps at a different truck to get the payment down. So payment came down, but on a lesser vehicle of course but still over $100 more than I wanted. Next we decided/he suggested a lease which would put payment in exact range. It did right on the money. Without any research about leases, we agreed. Next, when signing paperwork I noticed a difference in mileage (10000 miles on one which is what we were going with and 15000 miles on another set of papers) . The finance guy said thanks for pointing that out . He went and changed paperwork and came back with it rewritten and said oh that actually saved you $2.00 a month . Not thinking anything about it til later when telling guys at work about how I switched to a lease instead of buying I realized wow $2.00 I should have kept the higher mileage lease for only $2.00 . That's when I didn't get return calls . Fine I will probably buy it at end of lease but still should get returned calls . Now after thinking about what we did, under pressure now mind you because it was getting close to their closing time, we signed everything. Now I pull out paperwork to realize that I paid full price (leased) without all the rebates - not happy with that. It wasn't pointed out to me of course. I'm writing this in anger, of course, and I'm sure they will say that I'm not entitled to those rebates when leasing. Maybe so, but had I been told that, I would have reconsidered the lease over buying it . Sorry this review is so long, but if you're still reading it, beware of these facts. Can't wait to see how my scheduled oil changes go with these people, and I will be sure to stress my feelings afterward.

May 14, 2015

Todd, we do want to thank you for your business and congratulate you on your truck. It is unfortunate that you feel anything other than the excitement of the great deal you received when you completed your lease. Incidentally, I was the person that signed your paperwork with you. I apologize now as I did then for making the typo but assure you that it did not affect your payment. As I explained, the calculation details were all based upon 10,000 miles per year. In fact, the difference in the payment was made manually by me as a small thank you for your business and your awareness of the error saving us both some time down the road. We wish you good luck with your vehicle and thank you again for your purchase. Respectfully, Dominick Salemi General Sales Manager

These guys know their stuff.

by from Monson, Ma |

I had recently been looking to trade in my 2008 Chevy silvarado. Initially I was mostly fact finding when I started speaking with Igor who offered me a closer look at a 2014 Ram. After deciding to take it to the next level there was no negotiation required. The discounts were attractive and I was more than compensated for my vehicle in trade. Igor knew his stuff and I couldn't leave the lot until he went over every option this truck offered. He brought me to the service area and introduced me to the service team where I would have routine maintenance done. I needed to return a couple days later for an installation and my vehicle was taken in on time and I was on my way in no time. From finance to service my experience was pleasant, hassle free and a pleasure. Not to mention I have a truck that blows the competition away. Thanks guys, I'll have no problem sending friends to your dealership.

Never again

by from Agawam, ma |

Never again will I go to the place of business. They are typical of what the "car salesman" is. It's a shame... I am in sales and I would never, never talk to my customers the way this dealership has to me and a few others I know. My last experience will be my last. I tried years ago and wound up at another dealership. Just warning others before they go there and get grilled to buy and if you don't they talk down to you. Never Again!!!