Durand Chevrolet

(4.4) 8 Reviews

223 Washington St, Hudson, MA 01749

Rude sales team and misrepresented vehicle

by from Maine |

Went to Durand Chevy yesterday to look at the green 1998 Chevy S10 with a low 60,000 miles they had for $4k on the lot. I found this vehicle listed here on cars.com and after speaking with the dealer on the phone decided to drive to take a look at it. I got there and there was a sold tag on the truck. Oldest trick in the book. They claimed that after a month of the truck sitting on the lot, they now had a $100 deposit from another customer just 5 minutes ago. The other customer had "gone to check financing with their bank." Well it was almost 5 o'clock so probably not likely. They called the customer and of course could not get an answer. Right. Sal the salesman was quite unapologetic. He told me he was sorry I wasted my time and that he had nothing else to show me, walking away without a thank you or a hand shake. Mike argued with me over the date of my inquiry on the vehicle. I had entered it the day before and he claimed more than once that it was over 2 weeks ago. I had still given the truck a quick look over and what I found was disturbing. Within 5 minutes I found numerous issues with the vehicle. The sales team claimed that the truck was in mint mechanical condition, having being recently inspected by their service department. Quickly looking over the 1998 S10 I found... Fairly minimal body rust for a truck from NE although the frame and it's cross members as well as shackles and hangers were very rusted. The rear passenger side cab mount was rotted out and you could physically lift or lower the truck off of the frame. Hey Durand! This is a safety issue! It will not pass inspection! The battery in the truck was 5 years old and the alternator appeared to be older as well, if not original. That will leave you stranded. The front main seal on the block was leaking oil all over the bottom of the motor as well as on the frame and the ground below the truck. Wow another reason this truck would not pass inspection. The engine oil was old and hadn't even been changed. The truck had been smoked in and smelled, with burn holes in the seat. It had been through a hail storm and was peppered with dents on it's hood and roof. If I could find these issues with the truck after 5 minutes in the lot I can only imagine what I would find after a month on the road. If that is the quality of vehicle your service department can push out, find some new techs and raise your safety standards a bit. After seeing the heap of a truck they called a $4000 vehicle, I let them know that they were selling an unsafe vehicle to an unknowing buyer, and I left. On the way out I said thanks for nothing to the sales crew, to which the sales manager replied, you're welcome. BUYER BEWARE. Especially when buying a used car. I'd recommend having a separate shop inspect the vehicle before signing any paperwork at this shoddy dealership. Also I gave the facilities 1 star because the bathroom door would not lock.

Excellent Service

by from Westboro, Mass. |

Had my 2010 Impala in for GOF, tire rotation, and also a squeak in the rear seat back. Showed the service advisor what the problem was and he had it fixed at no charge, even though I was eight days over the warranty date. Durand's service department is excellent to deal with!!!

Great team

by from worc, ma |

Service team always ready to explain and walk through what you may be experiencing. Prior to any work; time is taken to tell you exactly what and how things will be done. Always a good experience.

Great service, helpful staff

by from Marlborough, MA |

Great visit as always. Josh had told me of a special oil change and tire rotation when I booked. Staff is always courteous and helpful.

denise osborne

by from hudson ma |

Was extremely satisified with service, repairs courtesy of personell and way i was treated will definately return when i need anything done. Even oil change. Thank you all

Great Service

by from Westboro, Ma |

Durand Chevrolet is excellent to deal with, and their service department is one of the best around. If I didn't buy a car from Durands, I would still go there for the service department. I can't say enough good things about them!!!

Great Service, Great Experince

by from Worcester, MA |

My husband and I bought 2 new vehicles from Durand Chevrolet, 1 in 2009 and the other in 2011. He heard so many good things about the dealership from his co-workers and one of the things my husband liked what he heard was the Durand salesmen were not pushy fast talking salesmen trying to make a fast buck trying to sell you anything. And when he went there for himself, he was impressed and bought a truck. When my old car was breaking down and after recovering from a serious illness, my husband said I deserved a treat and we went shopping for a new car. After shopping at what it seemed like 5 different dealers, we went back to Durand Chevrolet and thought, "this is where we should have started!". It felt like home and we purchased my new Chevy Equinox and I had the pleasure to deal with the same salesman and experience my husband had! I would recommend Durand Chevrolet to all my friends and family.

Great Service

by from Hudson, MA |

Great car buying experience. Always bring my cars back here for service--the service is great; fast and reliable.