Wayside Ford

429 Maple St., Marlborough, MA 01752

Used 508-460-8400

Worst Dealership!!

by from Marlborough Massachusetts |

This is the worst dealership I have ever been to!! I purchased a ford freestar in 09. had to have the transmission replaced in 10. had trouble again with transmission in 13 thought it was a recall. Nope!! Needs another transmission. upon further inspection of some paperwork, I found out it had the transmission replaced in 07 as well. So 4, yes 4 total transmissions in a 04 minivan with 88000 miles. Ford corporate wont do anything! I asked this dealership to get me some paperwork, and call me so I can decide what to do with the car. This was in early July 13. I left the car on the lot of Wayside. I took the keys. They never called me after I had left 3 messages to have someone call me back! I just received a phone call (Aug 13) requesting that the car be removed from their lot. Which I did. When my husband went to have the car towed, it had been moved to a different spot on the lot and had damage (front quarter panel crack and several scratches). I called Steve the service manager, he said he had no info for me! He had NO IDEA how my car had been moved or damaged and that he was not responsible! So now I have a car that doesn't run and is damaged! Great!! They have the worst customer service I have ever experienced!!! I asked for the Owners Name and # and was told "He lives in Florida! Good Luck! You can leave a message." I am going to write as many reviews as I can warning people to Not buy or service at this dealership!

Buyer Beware

by from Boston Ma |

I have been shopping for a used vehicle and found one at this dealership. After going back and forth between the sales rep Mike and the sales manager I decided that the price was not where I wanted to be and left. The next day I got a call from Mike who asked "what can we do to put you in the vehicle?' I told him exactly what I was willing to pay. A few hours later he called me back and said that they would accept my offer and we agreed on the cost of the car. With the deal made Mike was very quick to take my credit card info to hold the vehicle, my insurance info and registration info for the business manager. The next day I called to talk to Mike to set up a visit from my mechanic to check out the car as it was used. Mike was not there and I got the sales manager on the phone who said that there was a "miscommunication" between he and Mike on what the vehicle would cost me and the price was not what I had agreed on with Mike the previous evening. The manager had jacked the price up $500.00. Seriously? That was their error in "miscommunication", not mine but they wanted me to pay for their mistake. Very very poor business for the sake of $500.00. I of course did not do business with them and have never even heard a peep from Mike to apologize for their "miscommunication." But why should I expect courtesy from a dealership that retracts on their deals?

Wayside Ford responded to this review

January 3, 2013

To Dear not a fan i would like to Apologize to you for the miscommunication between myself and mike and are very sorry that you are unhappy with your experience at the dealership i was doing the best i could do for you on the vehicle please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions again i Apologize thank you wayside ford 508-460-8400

best expirience ever

by from boston |

never had a better car buying expirience every sales was very profesional would recomend this dealer to every one that needs a car new or pre-owned

Avoid

by from Ma |

Purchased a used vehicle ...paid cash..have been trying to recover money due for 30 days now...nothing but excuses..there is no dispute over the money owed to nme...the issue is getting them to actually return it..manager is condascending and demeaning... could use a refresher course in customer satisfaction...avoid this place...worst customer service Ive ever experienced.

Online Purchase

by from Eden Prairie, MN |

I had been shopping for a hard to find Mountaineer for 4+ months. Wayside took in a lease return from Ford that matched. Wayside was relatively easy to work with, and shipped the truck to my home. The shipping took an extra week, and some phone calls to get United Road to hurry up. The truck was in great shape. I wish Wayside would have told me the front brakes were at minimums. For what I paid Wayside could have inspected the vehicle better. For example, the air filter was almost completly blocked.

Best local Ford dealer in the metrowest area

by from Westborough, MA |

This local Ford dealership has serviced my vehicles for several years after I switched from using a larger dealer in the area. I found the quality of service to be much better and the integrity of the service team is something which gives me peace of mind. On the sales side of things, I often thought it would be cheaper to purchase a vehicle just by going to a bigger dealer, however, I was sorely mistaken. Wayside has a good-sized new and used inventory which keeps them competitive. The facilities are currently undergoing some renovations, so it isn't a brand new facility like some other dealers, but that is one of the reasons that they are able to offer good deals. These people care about their customers!!!