Boston Volkswagen

43 N Beacon St, Watertown, MA 02472

Used 617-538-6469

STAY AWAY: Bad Transmission, OVERPRICED

by from Tomah, WI |

When I first stepped into Boston VW it was nice. A new building, nice design, some cool amenities (wi-fi, free coffee, etc). But this is a classic dealership: overpriced and ready to take advantage of customers. I first looked at a 2008 VW Jetta. I loved it. Great interior, good handling. It had what I wanted. The car's sticker price was $2,000 over KBB RETAIL! They would not come down 1 penny. So, I put my eyes on a 2007 Honda Civic. I ended up buying this car and it, to this point, is ruining my life. As soon as i got home (out-of-state), the car's transmission began to JOLT into first gear. Ever since, the car sometimes doesn't even shift into 3rd gear, so i have to slow down and try again (it's an automatic). I also got a flat tire 2 days after being home and, lo and behold, NO TIRE JACK kit. The carrying case was there with each tool outlined, but NO TOOLS! I was literally in the middle of nowhere. So I had to get a tow for a flat tire. UNBELIEVABLE. This dealership took advantage of me and sold me junk. But, at least I got an overpriced warranty that covers me for 10 miles...PLEASE DON'T GO HERE...drive an extra couple miles to QUIRK VOLKSWAGEN.

Great sales not great follow-up

by from Boston, MA |

I just bought a car from Boston VW from a salesman named Mike Petersante. He was wonderful throughout the whole process. He gave me a rgeat deal and dealt with me honestly and professionally. There were some minor snafus with the registration paperwork but no big deal.

Years of business

by from Boston, MA |

Have been going to Boston VW for new/used cars and service fro nearly 30 years. Have seen many changes, and current location is undergoing renovation, but have always felt valued as a customer. With this timespan family exposure, sure, everything hasn't always been roses, but these guys collectively try hard to "get it right". That's what matters to me.

Positve experience

by from Boston, MA |

i purchased a new Passat. They did not have my color/options of the car on the lot so they seached other dealerships and located one. It arrived two days later and the third day I picked it up. I had my own financing with my bank so I just shopped for price . No heavy pressure to buy/finance.