King Richard's Auto Center

King Richard's Auto Center

801 Taunton Ave, East Providence, RI 02914

New 401-633-9100
Used 866-414-6895

If you are reading this, do yourself a favor and D

by from Rumford, RI |

HORRIBLE DEALERSHIP! RUDE, SLEAZY & SHADY OWNER!!!

by from East Providence, RI |

If you are reading this, do yourself a favor and DO NOT buy a car here!! This dealership is shady!!! I bought a truck here which had to be brought back 2 times for service in less than 3 weeks. We kept leaving messages for the service department and NOBODY calls you back. We finally just drove the truck back and left it with them. When you ask what is wrong with the vehicle that YOU purchased (that is still under the warranty) or what has been done to fix it, nobody knows ANYTHING! They won't give you any documentation stating what work was preformed because as the owner states, he doesn't have to because " you didn't pay for it to be fixed!" Why would you not want your customer to have a record of what your service department supposedly fixed RICHARD??? What are YOU trying to hide? Not one person who works here has knowledge about anything, if you ask a question they throw their hands up and say " you have to talk to Richard"! He is never there. I only met him this one time because I was trying to find out what was wrong with my truck, what was done to fix it & it get some type documentation of the repair. I stopped by without him knowing and FINALLY caught him. You would have thought I was asking for a million dollars, there is a bigger reason why he won't give anything stating his service department work or lack of it. When I said I would never recommend this place to anybody, Richard's reply was " I would never sell you a car again"! As he jumped in his car and drove away!!! That is some good service coming from the owner, who is far from being a King!!!!

Easy car buying on-line

by from Medford, NY |

I traveled from Long Island to get my car that found online and it was exactly what they said it was. Special thanks to Richard for his genuine customer service. I wish they were close so I could send all my friends.

Loving my SUV thank you King Richard :-)

by from Putnam, CT |

This was the first time I purchased a car by myself (without my husband) and I was nervous to be completely honest but people at King Richards were super patient with me. I am a type who goes through every single fine print on paperwork and I just had to know how everything works. I am very happy with King Richards and I will sending some customers!

Service customer bought a car

by from Schaumburg, IL |

I am a traveling salesman from IL. I found king Richards when I was looking for a Mitsubishi dealer to get my old Mitsubishi fixed turns out it was a former Mitsubishi dealer but now it's used car dealer. They treated me like a guest from out of town as I was and I end up trading my car. I had to pleasure to deal with the owner Richard because we bumped heads with the salesman first... It turned out to be a great deal. I think I gave them more hard time than they expected but these guys are great, I would recommend King Richards.

Service customer bought a car

by from Schaumburg, IL |

Horrible experience-stay away from this dealer!

by from Middletown, RI |

If I could give a negative amount of stars, I would. I went to King Richard's to purchase a used vehicle. During the test drive, the brakes were grinding loudly. The salesman said that if I bought the vehicle, they would fix the breaks. Foolishly, I took him at his word. I was buying in cash, no financing. The process took 3 hours. They would not accept my debit card because they didn't want to pay the fee to accept a debit card transaction. I had to go to the bank and withdraw thousands in cash for them. When I called to make an appointment to have the brakes fixed, the owner was rude and dismissive. There were other problems with the vehicle and he acted as though I was annoying him and wasting his time. After they "fixed" the brakes, they were still grinding. I brought the vehicle to my own mechanic. He said the brake pads and rotors were shot. I had my own mechanic replace the parts and I kept the bad pads and rotors to show the dealer. When I spoke to Richard, the owner of this dealership, he said that the brakes were fine and I was a liar. He proceeded to yell at me and tell me that the mechanic who fixed the vehicle was a liar. He told me I was stupid and got ripped off by my mechanic. Apparently, everyone lies but him. He refused to honor the 50/50 warranty. He said he would only honor the warranty, if he was allowed to have it fixed at his dealership. I paid 555.29 to fix his mess and he refused to pay anything. He was yelling at me about the cost of pads and rotors. I asked him if he was even willing to pay 75 dollars and he said no. He then had Miquel call and ask me if I wanted to "unwind" the deal. He already had my trade in, which he started advertising almost instantly and I had the vehicle I purchased from him fixed. I was not about to "unwind" the deal when I put over 500 dollars into the vehicle. I am guessing that the only reason he wants to "unwind" the deal, is that he knows he is wrong and if I pursue this, he is in trouble.They put this car on the lot with bad brakes to begin with. Then, they were offered a chance to fix them and they didn't. Brakes are a safety issue and he didn't even care. I got very little for my trade in and I was ok with that because I know it had problems. But they started advertising it as some great deal as soon as they got it. They also are advertising it with a feature that I know it doesn't have. I know they are lying about my trade in because I bought it new and was the only owner. Sad that I found out about how they do business after I bought from them. I bought in good faith and in cash. The owner's behavior towards me has been downright abusive-yelling, calling me a liar etc..I can't even begin to imagine how he treats people he finances. I am guessing the only reason he stays in business is because he finances people with bad or no credit and takes advantage. The owner of this dealership is a downright bully! He yells at and berates his customers. He is rude and verbally abusive! Stay away from this dealer. There are other dealers that will treat you with respect. "king" Richard treats his customers like minions. I also notice that he responds to his many bad reviews and likes to act as though everything is a misunderstanding. Don't fall for it! If he really wants to make things right, he should honor his word and his warranties.

Definitely 5 star review for this dealership!

by from East Providence, RI |

I am a type of person who will write a review if I am not happy with people I am dealing with, but this time I am going to take my time and write a positive review for this dealership because they did everything right. I don't have great credit score so it was tough dealing with car dealers they treat you like less of a person but King Richards treated me with respect and they were straight up through the whole process and they got me approved on a car I wanted. I am super excited about my gorgeous car and finally being able to get a car loan. I will definitely send you guys customers, Oh and give Mike a raise he was a real gentleman. Thank you.

Fresh breath of air! Happy customer here.

by from Cheshire, CT |

I went there for an oil change but I end up buying another car while I was there :-) Good people, they treated me well, and I believe I got an awesome deal (not the mention my whole family is in love with our new family vehicle).

Fresh breath of air! Happy customer here.

by from Cheshire, CT |