Marquardt of Barrington Buick-GMC

1421 South Barrington Rd., Barrington, IL 60010

New 888-554-6152
Used 888-574-6159
Service 877-368-7217

"Grab a handful of licorice and drive!"

My 2nd buying experience at Marquardt

by from Inverness, IL |

This week I bought a '12 Acadia from Marquardt. This is my second purchase from this dealership in 9 months. To the extent that I am interested in GMCs or Buicks, I will continue to buy from this dealership due to my experience with the people. They are trustworthy and total professionals. I will talk about the sales process and post sale follow up, both of which were outstanding. (1) Sales process: (a) from the start, I worked with Tim McIntyre. Tim is by far the most professional car sales rep I have dealt with. He is sharp, and refreshingly direct and matter-of-fact, without being pushy. His follow up is excellent, and he always does what he says he is going to do. His product knowledge is off the charts. Most importantly, his approach to selling is very consultative and completely customer oriented. Beyond this, he and the dealership applied zero pressure, and there was no unwanted follow up...no annoying and persistent calls asking me "when are you going to come in?", which is typical of every other dealer I have dealt with. Over a two month period, he contacted me only when he had something of value to give me. (b) The day I was coming in to buy the Acadia -- I couldn't make this up -- the car I was going to trade in wouldn't start. I had to have my car towed to the dealership (both embarrassing and a great way to lose leverage). In spite of this, Tim didn't once give me the impression that they were going to use this to put the screws to me. In fact, the opposite - Chris, the sales manager, indicated they would honor the original offer for my trade as long as it wasn't anything 'major', giving me a great sense of comfort. At the same time, a cash incentive was about to expire that day. With the service department unavailable to determine what the issue was with my vehicle until the next morning, they could have easily told me that they wouldn't honor the incentive. They didn't do that; Chris said they would indeed honor it. In addition to this, the next day, their service department identified a $600+ fix that was required, yet they honored the original offer for the car. (Side note: I have been taking my wife's Buick Enclave for service there since November, and the service department is terrific. All the guys down there are great, particularly Matt Domsen. He has been helpful to me personally a number of times.) (2) Post sale: Tim's product knowledge is obvious and it showed in the walk around of the vehicle. He spent over an hour with me at delivery, walking me through every feature of the car, answering questions, etc. The next day I called him and told him there were pinstripes on the car that I didn't notice and wanted removed. No questions asked, he told me to bring the car in, and his people would remove it. I showed up, within two minutes, he gave me a loaner and I was out the door. 2 hours later, the car was ready, sans pinstripes. In addition to this, a few days later I went back with my wife with her vehicle that we purchased last year to go through the same walk-around. Tim was gracious enough to offer his time and helped my wife. For those in the NW suburbs shopping around, and for whatever it is worth, I have shopped at the Woody, Sullivan and Napleton GMC Buick stores before. Didn't think much of Sullivan's or Woody sales management teams. Napleton posts pricing on their vehicles with all rebates factored in. Then when you walk in and they "discover" that you don't qualify for half of those rebates, they raise the prices. It's annoying, and borderline bait and switch. Marquardt beats all of them. The biggest issue for buyers in working with car dealerships is trust. Marquardt (both in Sales and Service) has won my trust. They are honest and terrific to work with. I can't say enough positive things about Tim. He is on the ball, and just a total professional. As long as GM continues to put out quality cars, I will be buying from Marquardt and Tim McIntyre.

New Vehicale Lease

by from Bartlett, IL |

Great, friendly and professional. Carey and Ray worked with us to get us the specific Enclave color and trim, & accessories we wanted at a price that was affordable and all within 72 hours of our initial visit.

Superb Service

by from Barrington, Illinois |

Tim my salesman was excellent and answered my many questions. The whole event was well done and it was painless for me. Love my new vehicle.

Exceptional sales staff

by from Barrington IL |

Cannot imagine buying a car anywhere else. The people make the difference. I would come back to Marquardt without hesitation or reservation. The folks that I have dealt with have earned my trust.

Excellent!

by from Barrington, IL |

Mike did a great job in the service department. Spent some time with Troy in possibly trading in my vehical for either a 2014 or 2015. Even though I choose not to do this this year, he was quick, efficient, and professional in handeling the current value of my Yukon and options. Marquardt will see my business for a new vehical either next year or 2016.

Great, friendly service

by from Barrington, IL |

Troy Kent and Frank White made the whole experience pleasant and easy. I was very impressed with their professionalism and friendliness. I would highly recommend this dealership based upon my interactions with them.

Can't Keep Us Away !!!!

by from Barrington, IL |

We are on our seventh or eighth Marquardt car and would not think of going anywhere else!! "The Two Tims" are our sales people...long, yet funny story how we ended up with two...and we could not be happier!! Cheers to the new renovation!!!!!

Friendly, Fast, and Reliable Service

by from Barrington IL |

Always friendly and polite, yet also efficient and respectful of my time. I've never had doubts that a recommended repair wasn't reasonable. Probably the best service department I've experienced in my 40 years of driving (and I've owned Mercedes, Nissan, Mazda, Mercury, Honda, VW, Cadillac)

Great service, courteous staff.

by from Hoffman Estates, IL |

Dealership was great. Vehicle was finished when they said it would be done and the staff was incedibly courteous. Only complaint is that the vehicle is only 3 years old and required major work took 3 days to complete). For the amount of money I spent on the vehicle, I did not expect these types of problems so early in the vehicles life. Certainly will give me some pause replacing it with another GM vehicle.

Good service

by from Barrington, IL |

The service department was unable to finish the work in one day, but they called me early enough to give me status and let me know not to pick-up my car that day. I appreciate the fact that they didn't wait until I showed up at the service department to pick up my car. I like having the service department go through a recap of the service performed. IT gives me confidence that all the service was cared for.

I trust this service department

by from Barrington, il. |

A few days earlier my wife brought her car in for an oil change and asked for an estimate to fox a broken sun visor. You fixed it for free! We started coming to you after hearing that you support Moody radio. You guys are the best!