Marquardt of Barrington Buick-GMC

1421 South Barrington Rd., Barrington, IL 60010

New 888-554-6152
Used 888-574-6159
Service 877-368-7217

"Grab a handful of licorice and drive!"

My 2nd buying experience at Marquardt

by from Inverness, IL |

This week I bought a '12 Acadia from Marquardt. This is my second purchase from this dealership in 9 months. To the extent that I am interested in GMCs or Buicks, I will continue to buy from this dealership due to my experience with the people. They are trustworthy and total professionals. I will talk about the sales process and post sale follow up, both of which were outstanding. (1) Sales process: (a) from the start, I worked with Tim McIntyre. Tim is by far the most professional car sales rep I have dealt with. He is sharp, and refreshingly direct and matter-of-fact, without being pushy. His follow up is excellent, and he always does what he says he is going to do. His product knowledge is off the charts. Most importantly, his approach to selling is very consultative and completely customer oriented. Beyond this, he and the dealership applied zero pressure, and there was no unwanted follow up...no annoying and persistent calls asking me "when are you going to come in?", which is typical of every other dealer I have dealt with. Over a two month period, he contacted me only when he had something of value to give me. (b) The day I was coming in to buy the Acadia -- I couldn't make this up -- the car I was going to trade in wouldn't start. I had to have my car towed to the dealership (both embarrassing and a great way to lose leverage). In spite of this, Tim didn't once give me the impression that they were going to use this to put the screws to me. In fact, the opposite - Chris, the sales manager, indicated they would honor the original offer for my trade as long as it wasn't anything 'major', giving me a great sense of comfort. At the same time, a cash incentive was about to expire that day. With the service department unavailable to determine what the issue was with my vehicle until the next morning, they could have easily told me that they wouldn't honor the incentive. They didn't do that; Chris said they would indeed honor it. In addition to this, the next day, their service department identified a $600+ fix that was required, yet they honored the original offer for the car. (Side note: I have been taking my wife's Buick Enclave for service there since November, and the service department is terrific. All the guys down there are great, particularly Matt Domsen. He has been helpful to me personally a number of times.) (2) Post sale: Tim's product knowledge is obvious and it showed in the walk around of the vehicle. He spent over an hour with me at delivery, walking me through every feature of the car, answering questions, etc. The next day I called him and told him there were pinstripes on the car that I didn't notice and wanted removed. No questions asked, he told me to bring the car in, and his people would remove it. I showed up, within two minutes, he gave me a loaner and I was out the door. 2 hours later, the car was ready, sans pinstripes. In addition to this, a few days later I went back with my wife with her vehicle that we purchased last year to go through the same walk-around. Tim was gracious enough to offer his time and helped my wife. For those in the NW suburbs shopping around, and for whatever it is worth, I have shopped at the Woody, Sullivan and Napleton GMC Buick stores before. Didn't think much of Sullivan's or Woody sales management teams. Napleton posts pricing on their vehicles with all rebates factored in. Then when you walk in and they "discover" that you don't qualify for half of those rebates, they raise the prices. It's annoying, and borderline bait and switch. Marquardt beats all of them. The biggest issue for buyers in working with car dealerships is trust. Marquardt (both in Sales and Service) has won my trust. They are honest and terrific to work with. I can't say enough positive things about Tim. He is on the ball, and just a total professional. As long as GM continues to put out quality cars, I will be buying from Marquardt and Tim McIntyre.

Great experience again

by from South Elgin, IL |

Dropped off a 2012 Terrain for service and was asked if an appraisal could be completed on the vehicle after service was completed. I gave them permission to do an appraisal and received the numbers that I had anticipated. I spoke with Tim McIntyre and told him that we were considering a used Acadia or something similar. He informed me at that time that he did not have anything in stock that was in my budget, but that he would keep me informed of anything that they take in. Three days later, I received a text message from Tim informing me that they would be taking a used Acadia in on trade at the end of the week. He also sent us a list of the options that this vehicle had, as well as a few blemishes that would be taken care of by the dealership if a deal was made. We drove the Acadia on Saturday morning, and asked if we could have some time to think about it while I went back to work for a short time. Troy Kent, the sales manager advised us that he would hold the vehicle until we came back with our decision. We decided to buy the Acadia. This is our 4th vehicle from this dealership. All of our deals have been done with Tim McIntyre. He is easy to work with, and always does what he says he will do.

Satisfied customer,

by from Toledo, Ohio |

found the car on the internet, called and advised I would be there a week later, to see the car, as I am a state away. I arrived on time, the person I dealt with on the phone wasn't there, but put me with Eric. found out Eric was new there, but did an excellent job. there ended up being a little haggling over the trade in. Still feel I paid a little more than I should, but am happy with the car and the people were great. I would certainly buy from them again, given the fact that they have a car that I want and the deal is right.

Great Service in a Bad Situation

by from Greater Chicago Area |

New to the area, car totaled, and no babysitter...but the staff at Marquardt was great and we love our vehicle!

I will never set foot in that place again

by from Niles, il |

I emailed about a glk350 -Lena Campos emailed back to see if I was serious which I thought was odd. I emailed back to say I was serious. Then she asked when I would be come in for a test drive. I emailed back that it would be Thursday after 6. I drove over 45 minutes and nobody knew I was coming and the car was sold. Total waste of time going there. Now she emails me - just checking in. I was more serious in buying than she was selling the car.

Marquardt of Barrington Buick-GMC responded to this review

November 7, 2014

Thank you for your time and consideration. We do appreciate it. In this particular instance, we had been in contact with several individuals who had expressed interest in the vehicle. Unfortunately, between the time you expressed interest and the time that you were able to come and look at the vehicle, it had been sold. If the customer that we had agreed to terms with and collected a deposit from were to have decided not to take delivery of the vehicle, you were to be first in line. Once we make a commitment to a customer, we do our best to honor our word. That said, people do on occasion back out of agreed upon deals in this business. We do our best to be honest in all situations and inform our customers of this before they arrive, as long as time allows. We thank you again for the opportunity to earn your business and hope you will allow us another in the future.

Great Service !!

by from Hoffman Estates, IL. |

I ran into a last minute needed repair. Contacted Matt @ the service desk. No hesitation and he said "No problem." Can't begin to express what a pleasure it is to work with Matt & all the good folks at Marquardt. Wouldn't go anywhere else for service or repairs. Rock solid service ALL the time. Thank You !!

Terrible customer service!

by from Chicago, IL |

What a joke of staff this place has! Called them early Monday morning (9 AM) to inquire about a car they had listed on their website. Grumpy lady answers and connects me to sales guy name Brian. I asked him 3 very easy questions (1. Does the car have rear-seat entertainment package with DVD, 2. Is it AWD, 3. Would they do a trade in for my Nissan Altima?). The questions obviously being too hard to answer, he says he will go check the car out right away and also talk with his manger. 3 hours later, I still haven't heard anything, so I call them again, and Brian says he's been too busy to check and promise to check for me and get back to me shortly. Whole day passes, no answer! 2 days passes and still no call back... About to call them for a 3rd time, but hang up before they picked up and went to a dealer down the road and got my Buick Enclave instead. Meanwhile the car I inquired about is still listed on their website!

Marquardt of Barrington Buick-GMC responded to this review

November 6, 2014

We apologize for our oversight in this matter, our lack of communication to you in respect to your needs and our failure to meet and exceed your expectations. We thank you for the opportunity and can only hope that you will be gracious enough to allow us another opportunity to help you with any of your vehicle needs in the future.

New Vehicale Lease

by from Bartlett, IL |

Great, friendly and professional. Carey and Ray worked with us to get us the specific Enclave color and trim, & accessories we wanted at a price that was affordable and all within 72 hours of our initial visit.

Superb Service

by from Barrington, Illinois |

Tim my salesman was excellent and answered my many questions. The whole event was well done and it was painless for me. Love my new vehicle.

Exceptional sales staff

by from Barrington IL |

Cannot imagine buying a car anywhere else. The people make the difference. I would come back to Marquardt without hesitation or reservation. The folks that I have dealt with have earned my trust.

Excellent!

by from Barrington, IL |

Mike did a great job in the service department. Spent some time with Troy in possibly trading in my vehical for either a 2014 or 2015. Even though I choose not to do this this year, he was quick, efficient, and professional in handeling the current value of my Yukon and options. Marquardt will see my business for a new vehical either next year or 2016.