Marquardt of Barrington Buick-GMC

1421 South Barrington Rd., Barrington, IL 60010

New 888-554-6152 New 888-554-6152
Used 888-574-6159 Used 888-574-6159
Service 877-368-7217 Service 877-368-7217

"Grab a handful of licorice and drive!"

Great experience again

by from South Elgin, IL |

Dropped off a 2012 Terrain for service and was asked if an appraisal could be completed on the vehicle after service was completed. I gave them permission to do an appraisal and received the numbers that I had anticipated. I spoke with Tim McIntyre and told him that we were considering a used Acadia or something similar. He informed me at that time that he did not have anything in stock that was in my budget, but that he would keep me informed of anything that they take in. Three days later, I received a text message from Tim informing me that they would be taking a used Acadia in on trade at the end of the week. He also sent us a list of the options that this vehicle had, as well as a few blemishes that would be taken care of by the dealership if a deal was made. We drove the Acadia on Saturday morning, and asked if we could have some time to think about it while I went back to work for a short time. Troy Kent, the sales manager advised us that he would hold the vehicle until we came back with our decision. We decided to buy the Acadia. This is our 4th vehicle from this dealership. All of our deals have been done with Tim McIntyre. He is easy to work with, and always does what he says he will do.

Happy Happy

by from Elgin IL |

Was helped right away from Jim in service who was so kind to look at my car even though my recall part was not in yet. Gave me the estimate for future work which I can budget for sooner than later.. very friendly parts dept too wish I could remember his name tall guy who has my key fob to pick up after Thanksgiving.. thank you for car wash card and vacuuming out car who ever the porter was did a great job and nice job to sales guy for showing me the 2016 Regal I have a 2004 lol but not looking to trade up I have a car payment. Thanks again

Peaceful, calm experience !

by from Arlington Heights, IL |

Great place to buy a vehicle! The atmosphere at Marquardt is very calming and there is no pressure! My wife and I had this inner feeling that people were being honest and straightforward in everything they said and did. We can't say enough about Miguel Sanchez, our salesperson. He was kind, super patient, and knowledgeable. We developed a special respect for him over our decision making period. All of the people at Marquardt were great!

Buying a car was easy and great

by from Mt Prospect, Illinois |

Bryan was great. Answered and took care of all my questions and concerns.

Love my New Enclave

by from Ingleside, Illinois |

Very pleasant, not high pressured. Eric was prompt at returning calls, knowledgeable about your product, and a pleasure to do business with.

Satisfied customer,

by from Toledo, Ohio |

found the car on the internet, called and advised I would be there a week later, to see the car, as I am a state away. I arrived on time, the person I dealt with on the phone wasn't there, but put me with Eric. found out Eric was new there, but did an excellent job. there ended up being a little haggling over the trade in. Still feel I paid a little more than I should, but am happy with the car and the people were great. I would certainly buy from them again, given the fact that they have a car that I want and the deal is right.

Great Service in a Bad Situation

by from Greater Chicago Area |

New to the area, car totaled, and no babysitter...but the staff at Marquardt was great and we love our vehicle!

I will never set foot in that place again

by from Niles, il |

I emailed about a glk350 -Lena Campos emailed back to see if I was serious which I thought was odd. I emailed back to say I was serious. Then she asked when I would be come in for a test drive. I emailed back that it would be Thursday after 6. I drove over 45 minutes and nobody knew I was coming and the car was sold. Total waste of time going there. Now she emails me - just checking in. I was more serious in buying than she was selling the car.

Marquardt of Barrington Buick-GMC responded to this review

November 7, 2014

Thank you for your time and consideration. We do appreciate it. In this particular instance, we had been in contact with several individuals who had expressed interest in the vehicle. Unfortunately, between the time you expressed interest and the time that you were able to come and look at the vehicle, it had been sold. If the customer that we had agreed to terms with and collected a deposit from were to have decided not to take delivery of the vehicle, you were to be first in line. Once we make a commitment to a customer, we do our best to honor our word. That said, people do on occasion back out of agreed upon deals in this business. We do our best to be honest in all situations and inform our customers of this before they arrive, as long as time allows. We thank you again for the opportunity to earn your business and hope you will allow us another in the future.

Great Service !!

by from Hoffman Estates, IL. |

I ran into a last minute needed repair. Contacted Matt @ the service desk. No hesitation and he said "No problem." Can't begin to express what a pleasure it is to work with Matt & all the good folks at Marquardt. Wouldn't go anywhere else for service or repairs. Rock solid service ALL the time. Thank You !!

Terrible customer service!

by from Chicago, IL |

What a joke of staff this place has! Called them early Monday morning (9 AM) to inquire about a car they had listed on their website. Grumpy lady answers and connects me to sales guy name Brian. I asked him 3 very easy questions (1. Does the car have rear-seat entertainment package with DVD, 2. Is it AWD, 3. Would they do a trade in for my Nissan Altima?). The questions obviously being too hard to answer, he says he will go check the car out right away and also talk with his manger. 3 hours later, I still haven't heard anything, so I call them again, and Brian says he's been too busy to check and promise to check for me and get back to me shortly. Whole day passes, no answer! 2 days passes and still no call back... About to call them for a 3rd time, but hang up before they picked up and went to a dealer down the road and got my Buick Enclave instead. Meanwhile the car I inquired about is still listed on their website!

Marquardt of Barrington Buick-GMC responded to this review

November 6, 2014

We apologize for our oversight in this matter, our lack of communication to you in respect to your needs and our failure to meet and exceed your expectations. We thank you for the opportunity and can only hope that you will be gracious enough to allow us another opportunity to help you with any of your vehicle needs in the future.