Speedcraft Volkswagen

104 Old Tower Hill Rd, Wakefield, RI 02879

New 866-906-8559 New 866-906-8559
Used 888-849-7169 Used 888-849-7169
Service 888-246-6473 Service 888-246-6473

Highest Rated VW Dealer in Rhode Island!

Speedcraft VW dealership

by from Townsend, MA |

I've purchased a number of cars in my life and had my share of horrific experiences as have most folks out there. I am delighted to say that this was not one of them:) I was treated courteously with no pressure but a sincere interest in providing all information possible for any questions I had. I had already done a great deal of research so was prepped with invoice cost of the VW I was interested in as well as trade-in value of my current car. The haggling process was kept to a minimum and I got the deal that I wanted. Because the dealership was a two hour drive away and the weather refused to cooperate (snow after snow event), I couldn't travel to close the deal for several weeks. Speedcraft was more than obliging; travel safety and my welfare seemed to be a genuine concern. Once I made it to the dealership, the transaction couldn't have gone more smoothly. I was in and out within the time I had expected. All in all, an extremely pleasurable ...one might even say, extraordinarily positive... experience.

Good Salespeople, but service needs improvement

by from south kingstown, ri |

We have bought vehicles from Speedcraft over the years. I'll start by saying that we really want them to succeed, it is great to have an independent dealer in our home town. I will say that buying cars from Speedcraft is a good experience. Our salesperson, Craig, is a knowledgeable professional who does a good job. We will buy from him again. The service department misses a lot of details and last time I called, they added service that was not recommended by VW and the result was that I paid too much, almost double for what was required. The parts department does not even answer the phone. I bought the parts online instead, even though I wanted OEM. Too bad, I would really prefer to use the local guy but this is ridiculous. Also, one time I went in for service, had a bad experience and as I left, the guy told me how to answer the follow-up survey with all 10s so they could keep their rating.

Great place to buy and maintain your car.

by from North Kingstown, RI |

I've bought 3 cars from Speedcraft, and have used their service department for all of them. It's all been good.

No hasstle car buying at is best

by from Westerly |

We have purchased a few cars through the years and have had both good and bad experiences. We never intended on buying another car that day but as it turns out we were glad we did. The entire process from start to finish was as pleasant a car buying experience as you could expect to have. We felt no pressure from the salesman or anyone else, and the haggle over price or trade in was very minimal. When we got there for the dreaded paperwork part and to pick up the car, we were kept there less than an hour and that includes the salesman showing us how to use the new features on the car. If you want a pleasant car buying experience, I suggest you go to Speedcraft Volkeswagon and ask for Craig, he'll treat you right!

Worth the Drive

by from Pascoag, RI |

Saw the car we were looking for on cars.com and saw that it as at a really good price with less miles compared to all the others that we saw out there. Went to another Dealership to Test drive another Tiguan that was listed at the same price but had 20k miles more and a year older, we figured it was closer to see how much they would come down in price, but no where far enough so went took a drive down on the weekend to Speedcraft. The car was the color my wife wanted, the miles were low and the people at the dealership were great. They made everything easy for use to purchase from them. If you see online they have what you need, take a drive it will be worth it.

Great experience overall!

by from Jamestown, RI |

I leased a new car from Craig Newton and was very pleased with how quickly and efficiently everything was managed. He was extremely nice and helpful during the entire process. I did not feel pressured into anything. He is a great attribute to the Speedcraft team and highly recommend him and Speedcraft in general to anyone looking for a car!

Great staff

by from Wakefield RI |

Speedcraft staff were honest, helpful and answered all of our questions. It made buying our car an easy decision. Thank you to the whole staff for their helpful service.

Dan Hargraves

by from Moosup CT |

I found the car I wanted online. Compared a few dealerships offers. Speedcraft had the best offer. I met with Craig Newton on a Sunday, test drove the vehicle and discussed the options available. I was not able to close the deal because I was planning to be out of town for a few weeks, but I left a deposit and returned on the agreed date. Craig had everything ready. I asked for an exterior protection package when I picked it up and in consideration of my distance from the dealership ( I live about 45 miles from the dealership), they accommodated me on the spot, to avoid a return trip. Every single aspect of the transaction was professional, courteous and was executed in a manner that we all wish could be the norm. Speedcraft has either brought back or never let go of "old school" way of doing business. This is my first transaction with Craig Newton and Speedcraft but they've both earned my highest respect and would recommend them to family and friends alike, without hesitation. I wish every financial transaction could be completed with such ease.

Easy going sales team and car choices!

by from Narragansett, RI |

I was contemplating changing from a Mini Cooper clubman to a VW when I called Speedcraft to inquire about their cars. I had only been up to the vw site once and noticed this egolf. When I asked speedcraft if they had one and learned they did from salesman Craig Newton, I thought if I had time I would drop in to see it. From the time I stepped into their showroom Craig and the sales team were very helpful, not pushy. I knew i was looking for a four door and the thought of saving on gas intrigued me! When I saw and drove the car I was immediately impressed with how smooth the car was on bumpy roads as well as how the car drove. Through several test drives and much contemplation on if this was right for me, Craig maintained an easy going attitude and helped to trouble shoot my questions. Buying an all electric vehicle is quite a big adjustment in thinking how this will all work. Is this right for me? Will I get stuck somewhere? Craig and the rest of the Speedcraft team were helpful with guiding me to the correct people in order to get a charging unit installed in my garage as well as understanding the public charging stations. Thanks for working with me!

No car dealer games - Speedcraft VW

by from Clinton, CT |

Professional, and top notch staff throughout the dealership. Speedcraft made the process very easy, and well worth it to buy a big ticket car (2015 Taureg TDI Lux) across state lines and about 60 miles from home. They know their product extremely well and there are no games on either the trade-in side or the buy side. Selection very good as well. First time buyer there, but I'll be back. Look forward to their service dept. who seems top notch too.