Balise Volkswagen

525 Quaker Lane (Route 2), West Warwick, RI 02893

Worst business transaction ever!

by from Narragansett, RI |

Just purchased a 1 year old vehicle from Balise. After I told the salesman over the phone I was probably going to take it, the price I had seen online went up by almost $300. Good thing I printed out the original listing , that they did honor. Due to transferring another set of license plates to my old car, that we are keeping, we wanted to handle the transfer of plates , registration , & sales tax ourselves at the DMV. Had to make 2 return trips to Balise, at 20 miles each way, for them to get the correct forms I needed. Upon the second trip, the business person suggested I follow him to the main office, about 15 miles away, to get the title certified by them that the DMV needed. I wasn't going to waste more of my gas so I rode along with him. Finally, with all the correct forms needed, I was able to process everything within 10 mins at the DMV. Three different DMV employees told me, Balise should have known right from the start what was needed. Everyone knows most dealerships will handle the DMV transactions as a "courtesy" for a fee. I guess they don't know what's needed when the paying customer wants to handle it. They even said ,We have runners that do that." Being there the previous day for 3 hours, we were understandably thirsty. No offers for a water or coffee. No admittance by the business person , salesman manager , or general manager of any mishandling on their part. I will never do business with them again!!

Great Sales Experience

by from Connecticut |

I have bought a lot of cars over the years and this has been the best car purchase. We drove from Connecticut to Balise VW in Rhode Island because we were interested in a particular vehicle that they had advertised online. When we met with our salesman, David Coley, he took the time to go over all of the details of the vehicle we were interested in, and he also showed us other vehicles that we were interested in for comparison purposes. We spent over 3 hours looking at various cars, but never felt pressured to buy one car or another. David took the time to answer all of our questions. Ultimately we decided on purchasing the car that we had originally driven out to see, a used Jetta Sportswagen with only 7000 miles. When we came to pick up the car the following weekend, we noticed there was a minor problem with the door hinge of the car. Even though it was weekend and the autobody/repair shop didn?t have all their staff around, David arranged for the car to be brought into service to have the door adjusted. After we signed the paperwork and purchased the car, David was happy to teach us the details of how to use the navigation, preset the satellite radio stations etc. He was really professional and it was a pleasure to have him as our salesman. Since the purchase David has been in contact with us to complete the Connecticut registration process and called twice to make see how we were enjoying our new car. Today, Greg, a sales manager at Balise, who we only spoke with for a few minutes, called to see how things were going. We had a very positive experience and would highly recommend Balise VW. Ask for David to take care of you!

Very satisfied

by from Warwick, RI |

The dealership was very busy on this Saturday. Charlie Kinch was very attentive during the entire sales process. He gave us the time to discuss every aspect of our purchase. He thoroughly explained every step. He was extremely knowledgable. We were able to upgrade our insurance right at the dealership. I would refer anyone to use Balise VW and to request Charlie.

Way better than the rest

by from Providence, RI |

I went with my boy friend car shopping and after hitting 6 different dealers we ended up at Balise Volkswagen. Chris Richards helped us and he was very accomodating...we didn't know a lot about the Jetta and he walked us around showing us all the differences factoring in my budget at the same time. He was very polite, and extremely professional. My boy friend bought the car from Chris. He was hands down better than the other hacks who were just trying to push us into a sale on all the wrong cars at all the other dealerships. I highly recommend Chris to anyone out there looking for a car!

Worst sales people in Belise Volkswagen

by from Cranston, RI |

One of the most unprofessional salesperson I have ever met, we went to see the BMW , first of all salesperson ( Charlie) did not know anything about the car, not even if the car had heated seats or not. He kept complaining that it's a Volkswagen dealership and as if we are making a mistake coming there for BMW. He was rude and pretty unprofessional, on the top of that when I tried complaining to the manager, some another salesperson took the call, might be his friend and did drama that she is not able to hear me. Never going to go there for any purchase or service ever.

Terrible Customer Service

by from Warwick RI |

Went to purchase an new 2015 GTI, and was told that i could not test drive the car because of the fact that it is so new, and that some people purposely come in to test drive the vehicle. This is after my previous car was sold by the dealer standing right behind me and it was a 2011 GTI. Terrible customer service.

Car was sold

by from Bloomingdale, NY |

Confirmed on email my arrival time to test drive a used vehicle just prior to traveling 2 1/2 hrs. Arrive to get told the car was sold earlier that day. Salesman was professional but the young lady emailing customers not very knowledgeable or qualified to ensure the car wasn't sold before confirming a test drive appoinment. Very disappointed. Not very good business practice.

Buying a new Passat

by from North Kingstown, RI |

Our salesman, Mike Vinacco, was very helpful and knowledgeable, and took the time to answer all our questions and helped us through the entire process of picking a vehicle and purchasing it.

Work With Mike Masciarelli... He's the Best!

by from Cambridge, MA |

For anyone looking for a genuine car sales consultant and low pressure sales environment I would not hesitate to call Mike directly at: 401-347-1627. I have been casually looking to buy a new can for the past two months. As soon as I walked in to Balise Volkswagen I was greeted by a polite sales associate named Mike Masciarelli. Mike quickly identified the vehicle that was perfect for my needs and also went out of his way to find an amazing interest rate that was better than my current lender's rate (yes, this sales associate actually saved me money!). Additionally, Lillian in the finance department was so helpful and all the docs were processed on site and I drove away with my new car yesterday and I could not be happier with the customer service. As a young female professional I found that the dealership and consultants treated me very respectfully. I would 100% recommend Mike to my family or friends that are looking for a car.

Surprising!!

by from MA |

Just wanted to extend a quick thank you to Shelley Higgins for answering all my online questions and emails quickly. She is very informative and it is refreshing to have someone who actually responds quickly to internet inquiries.