Balise Volkswagen

525 Quaker Lane (Route 2), West Warwick, RI 02893

Way better than the rest

by from Providence, RI |

I went with my boy friend car shopping and after hitting 6 different dealers we ended up at Balise Volkswagen. Chris Richards helped us and he was very accomodating...we didn't know a lot about the Jetta and he walked us around showing us all the differences factoring in my budget at the same time. He was very polite, and extremely professional. My boy friend bought the car from Chris. He was hands down better than the other hacks who were just trying to push us into a sale on all the wrong cars at all the other dealerships. I highly recommend Chris to anyone out there looking for a car!

Worst sales people in Belise Volkswagen

by from Cranston, RI |

One of the most unprofessional salesperson I have ever met, we went to see the BMW , first of all salesperson ( Charlie) did not know anything about the car, not even if the car had heated seats or not. He kept complaining that it's a Volkswagen dealership and as if we are making a mistake coming there for BMW. He was rude and pretty unprofessional, on the top of that when I tried complaining to the manager, some another salesperson took the call, might be his friend and did drama that she is not able to hear me. Never going to go there for any purchase or service ever.

Terrible Customer Service

by from Warwick RI |

Went to purchase an new 2015 GTI, and was told that i could not test drive the car because of the fact that it is so new, and that some people purposely come in to test drive the vehicle. This is after my previous car was sold by the dealer standing right behind me and it was a 2011 GTI. Terrible customer service.

Car was sold

by from Bloomingdale, NY |

Confirmed on email my arrival time to test drive a used vehicle just prior to traveling 2 1/2 hrs. Arrive to get told the car was sold earlier that day. Salesman was professional but the young lady emailing customers not very knowledgeable or qualified to ensure the car wasn't sold before confirming a test drive appoinment. Very disappointed. Not very good business practice.

Buying a new Passat

by from North Kingstown, RI |

Our salesman, Mike Vinacco, was very helpful and knowledgeable, and took the time to answer all our questions and helped us through the entire process of picking a vehicle and purchasing it.

Work With Mike Masciarelli... He's the Best!

by from Cambridge, MA |

For anyone looking for a genuine car sales consultant and low pressure sales environment I would not hesitate to call Mike directly at: 401-347-1627. I have been casually looking to buy a new can for the past two months. As soon as I walked in to Balise Volkswagen I was greeted by a polite sales associate named Mike Masciarelli. Mike quickly identified the vehicle that was perfect for my needs and also went out of his way to find an amazing interest rate that was better than my current lender's rate (yes, this sales associate actually saved me money!). Additionally, Lillian in the finance department was so helpful and all the docs were processed on site and I drove away with my new car yesterday and I could not be happier with the customer service. As a young female professional I found that the dealership and consultants treated me very respectfully. I would 100% recommend Mike to my family or friends that are looking for a car.

Surprising!!

by from MA |

Just wanted to extend a quick thank you to Shelley Higgins for answering all my online questions and emails quickly. She is very informative and it is refreshing to have someone who actually responds quickly to internet inquiries.

Unhappy with Customer service - Don't trust online

by from Providence, RI |

Was going to buy a used VW from Balise VW I saw on their website. Called to see if it was available. I was told by Shelly Higgins that it was available and I scheduled a test drive for that Saturday. I happened to be in the area (on Thursday) and thought I would stop by and see the car early. When I arrive I was told that it was in the repair shop and wouldn't be ready for a week.I asked why I was told that it was ready and they said "She didn't know" I was told not to come in on Saturday and the sales manager promised that I would be told when the car was ready. I followed up on the car a week later and once again Shelly Higgins told me that it was still being worked on and "would be sure to let me know" . I waited a told of 3 1/2 weeks before finding out that the car had been sold. I was NEVER told that the car was ready like promised. I never even received an email or call saying the car was sold. The Response from Basile "I am sorry and we have other cars available". There customer service is terrible and I would NEVER do business with them. The car is still on the website and I don't think they really care about their customers. IF you look for a car with them please keep this in mind. I don't want anyone's time wasted like mine. Bottom like DON'T BUY FROM BALISE VW

Balise Volkswagen responded to this review

November 3, 2012

Hi Mike! We are sorry that we had multiple people looking at the same vehicle also waiting for it to be finished and a customer came down (during the hurricane no less!) at the same time the car was finished in the shop. I have reached out to you to try to rectify the situation as we do carry and sell many vehicles. Please contact me and I'm confident you will be satisfied.

twice not once !

by from 02888 |

leased a VW Jetta about a year ago and ever since i have regretted it , 1, they are not a friendly place and two they lie about prices and what they can give and do for you, plus when i drive it , it is like being in a tin can . About a month ago we looked at a used car there , in hopes to get rid of the jetta, the price for the car online was not the price they wanted when we got there, the price was 6000 more, and they would not even deal with my jetta,( by the way, the car we wanted is still there and the price is 4000 less then the online price was) this week i received a letter for a buy back program, so i went to see what i can do, they were going to give me a thousand dollars less then what I needed to get rid of it, then the General Manager said he could give me what I need to get out of the lease if I buy a new one !!! Are they crazy !!! never again will I deal with them ...

Easy and pleasant experience. Highly recommend.

by from Sharon, MA |

I negotiated all condition of sale directly with GM over the phone. Although he refused to email me the numbers in writing, every single number discussed over the phone proven right, so we ended up with both a new vehicle and very enjoyable experience (a rarity these days). After agreeing on the price (which was sufficiently aggressive), the GM gave me the full disclosure on the OTD ("out the door") price: title/registration fees, sales taxes and the dealer's documentation fee (a pure profit for a dealer, but nonetheless the lowest I've seen before). When I came in, the paperwork was ready in the matter of minutes. All numbers matched those discussed over the phone with no surprise or "out-of-the blue" fees. After pre-qualifying me for a promotional financing rate (0% at the time) all was said and done. While they were working on the credit check, a very knowledgeable salesperson worked with us to explain the vehicle features and answered our questions about the vehicle. Noticing that we arrived in Japanese car, he pointed out the differences on how things work in our car and the Touareg. Very nice touch. The car was delivered the next day. We left happy.

Balise Volkswagen responded to this review

November 3, 2012

Thank you for the review! Enjoy your new Touareg!!