Manchester Subaru

764 Second Street, Manchester, NH 03102

New 888-337-6196
Used 888-791-6186
Service 877-362-2127

#1 Volume Subaru Dealership in New England! Come check us out today..

Great customer service, prices and low-stress

by from New Hampshire |

Very competitive quote, not pushy but persistent customer service. Purchased two Subarus in three years here. No need to travel further, this dealer is the largest and best in NH.

WORST SUBARU DEALERSHIP EVER!

by from Somersworth, NH |

Do not go to this Subaru dealership. They have terrible customer service! Their sales manager was just awful and rude! I put a deposit on a car and they ended up selling it to someone else! Save your time and go elsewhere! Costumers deserve to be treated well! The guys don't know how to do that!

waste of my time

by from new england |

there were no photos posted of the car i wanted. i asked for some. i even wrote out instructions to get photos out of a camera & into an email because the 'salesperson' (term used loosely) didn't know how to do that. after 2 or 3 emails (with long intervals between them) he stopped replying. totally dropped the ball on a good sale. they still had the nerve to put me on their spam list.

beware of low price "guarantee"

by from worcester MA |

Never have I been so misled by a car dealership. I was shopping for a new wrx and was told in writing they would beat my current of by 300$ so I drive 70 miles and talk with vern who had also confirmed the would beat my current offer after waiting 40 minutes for them to evaluate my trade in the "sales manager" comes in and tells me not only will they not match my offer but need to raise the price $1000 and go back on their $500 trade in guarantee too. All in all extremely poor customer service and attitude. I will warn everyone shopping for a new car to stay away from these people .

Don't expect good customer service

by from Enfield, NH |

Let me begin by saying I take bad reviews very seriously. In fact I have a management position in the service industry. I personally respond to reviews on this site and others like it. That is why I do not write a bad review unless the company really earns it. I must say Manchester Subaru has earned it. When I bought the car, it had a broken air conditioner. No problem, they said they would fix it. They picked the car up and took it back to the Manchester GM to be repaired. They told me it would take 2 days. WRONG! I called back after 2 days and asked when my car would be back. They said it would only be a few more days. Meanwhile I am car less and bumming rides because I'm not old enough for a rental. I was told I would be called and told when it would be ready the next day. So after no phone call, once again I called asking for a status update. They tell me it will be ready Friday and they will call. No phone call again. So I call again on Friday. They say its finished and will be brought back Saturday. I call Saturday asking for my car. They say it will be done Monday and I will be getting it back. I call this morning (Monday), asking what time I will get it. They say this afternoon, and even go as far to tell me who is bringing it back, and that they will call me letting me know when I can expect it. It is currently Monday, and I have no phone call, no voice mail, no message explaining to me why my car is not sitting in my drive way right now. I probably would not be as angry if they were just frank with me in the first place and told me it could take up to a week. Also if perhaps they had such a thing as customer service, or maybe a secretary who might just call you and let you know whats going on. I find it very disturbing that I have called this place 6 times. I am certain by now that the service representative knows my voice by heart. Status update: I called this morning (Tuesday) to talk to someone. The service manager was on vacation so instead I talked to someone else. I was told that my car was still on the garage being worked on and is not finished yet......WHY WOULD YOU TELL ME THAT IT WAS FINISHED ON FRIDAY THAN! No apologies just more excuses. They offer nothing but excuses instead of solutions. Manchester Subaru has the wost customer service that I have ever dealt with. I am absolutely appalled and will spend another restless night wondering if I will ever actually get to drive the car that I bought from there.

July 11, 2014

Dear Sharlee, It's possible you did not see my reply for a similar post you made on Yelp. Because we are a Subaru dealership, the repairs rendered to your vehicle were done at an authorized GM dealer (which we paid for). We were appalled by the run-around we received because if they treat another dealer like that, think what they do to their customers! We attempted several times to check the status of the vehicle and were told by that dealer several times it was ready, but in fact, it was not. Manchester Subaru did indeed pick up and pay for the repair for you and we are really sorry we were BOTH left waiting. You were not able to reach us on Friday because the dealership was closed on the 4th of July. We certainly appreciate the feedback but would hope that you would understand time was not in our control.

The worst car buy experience I've ever had

by from Westford, MA |

Bought a used 2012 Subaru. The salesman, Jim Rynnolds, spent more time getting info on our trade- in, looking it up on line, then telling us everything that was wrong with it. Then after making our DEAL, they had us wait for another hour ("another 5 minutes folks") to take us into his "finance guy" who (believe it or not) gave us a better rate on our loan than the bank. What they don't tell you is that there is a clause in their loan, that takes away your rights to use the Lemon Law. If this had not been the car we have been looking for (a standard 6 speed Outback) we would have walked.

June 17, 2014

Thank you for your comments. I apologize that you had to wait for an hour to get into financing. Prior to going in to financing, our Finance Manager shops and negotiates with banks to get our customers the lowest rate possible. Sometimes it can take a while to hear back from multiple lenders. Rest assured, he was working hard behind the scenes to get you a better deal and he did! I wanted to make sure you knew that you did not "waive" a Lemon Law Warranty but rather acknowledged that the Outback you purchased was still covered under Subaru's factory warranty, which is much more comprehensive. We agree that appraisals can take longer than either of us want, especially on a busy day. We are always looking for better solutions to make values fair to both parties. We were glad to be of service and hope you enjoy your Outback.

Response??

by from West Newton, Ma. |

Dealer never responded to my email, despite there being a cash offering for a particular vehicle..

Great buying experience!

by from Manchester NH |

Subaru of Manchester was a great dealership to buy from. I purchased a new car with them, the process was quick and painless! Took only a few hours for me to drive off with my new car. I was missing my wheel lock key at first, but they got me a new set of wheel locks and key as soon as I went down and told them. Overall, I would recommend this dealership to anyone in the market for a new car!

Terrible after the sale!

by from Manchester, NH |

Our initial experience was great!! HOWEVER, after the sale, well all I have to say is don't get roped in. They advertised free service for 2 years if purchased in the Month of August. We even had a lengthly discussion with our sales person about the process. Now that it's time for service they are telling us that was never an offer and my Husband was even told "Well we both know nothing is free, you pay for it"! I won't be paying for it at Manchester Subaru and neither will my friends and family!!

Quick and Easy

by from Orange, MA |

My wife and I found an amazing deal through Cars.com with Manchester Subaru. Once we called to inquire about the car, our sales rep, Charlie, was knowledgeable and extremely helpful. Once there for the test drive, the entire staff was extremely helpful, and we appreciated the family atmosphere. The buying process was quick and easily handled. We live an hour and half away in Massachusetts and they were even willing to deliver the car to our house so that we wouldn't have bear the 3 hour round trip drive with our 3 young children! This was truly one of the best car buying experiences we've had, and we would definitely recommend this dealership to anyone.

Worth the drive, no need to look anywhere else

by from Boston, MA |

I love shopping for cars, I normally hate car dealers. I'm a sales professional (in a different field) and the last thing I want is to deal with the typical "used car salesman", even for a new car. I contacted several Subaru dealers in the Boston area via email and they all wanted me to visit their dealership before they quoted me a price or confirmed their online inventory listings where accurate. What a relief it was to happen upon Manchester Subaru. Matt at the dealership answered my email promptly, emailed me a copy of the window sticker and dealer invoice for several vehicles similar to what I was looking for, and quoted me purchase and lease prices. We exchanged several emails on Friday and I drove up to the dealership on Sunday and purchased my car. Spent about an hour at the dealership in total. Easily took less time overall and way less hassle than trying to buy a car from one of the Boston dealerships I exchanged emails with (at least judging by reviews of those dealerships on cars.com). Would highly recommend Manchester Subaru. Worth the drive from Boston for sure. Ask for Matt, although I listened in to several other sales people talking to customers and I wouldn't hesitate to deal with anyone there. If other car dealers figured out they should treat customers like this, they would all sell a lot more cars.

April 5, 2012

Thank you for your review! We take great pride in our customer service and we appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to write such a positive review and we are happy you had such a great experience.