McGrath Audi

Used 888-887-5220
Service 877-686-1950

service experience

by from chicago, il. |

in the past i have purchased 2002, 2006, and 2009 prestige a-6 v-8's from mcgrath. i currently own a 2013 prestige q-5. i like the upgraded 2014 prestige, and i am considering buying a 2016. i will never, however, purchase it or another audi from mcgrath. a couple weeks ago i had the car in for the one year oil and filter servicing, and my experience soured me on mcgrath forever. some glorified car hiker took my car out without my approval and was gone for at least a half hour using it for his personal needs. in no way did my car need a test drive certainly not without my approval. mcgrath is not the only audi dealership, and i will make my future audi purchase elsewhere.

McGrath Audi responded to this review

June 28, 2014

Mr.Capinegro,I apologize for you feeling that your experience at our dealership during your recent visit was poor and inappropriate. We did perform the normal service that you requested, as well as two software updates to the vehicle, that were under warranty from the manufacturer. As a normal mandatory process after any service or warranty repair,the vehicle is test driven to make sure there are no issues with the vehicle. I am sorry that you were offended by this, but the verbiage on our repair order that you sign, when you are in for service states, ? I hereby grant you and/or your employees permission to operate the vehicle herein described on streets, highways or elsewhere for the purpose of testing and/or inspection.? This is part of our normal repair process. We apologize for not informing you verbally of ours and Audis policy on road testing after repairs, but at no time was your vehicle in the hands of a ?car hiker?. All the work and road test was performed by a certified Audi mechanic for the sole purpose of checking the work that was performed and not for ?personal needs?.

worst dealer ever.

by from chicago il |

Very unkind, do not know how to treat their customers. The dealer stared me with no smiles at all. Tried to negotiate the price of a used car so asked the negotiation price, but dealer said directly, "no!" and he didnt want to nagotiate at that time. I felt like I was very inferior person at Mcgrath Audi. I would not buy a car from em. blah

McGrath Audi - The best there is!

by from Granger, IN |

Our initial contact was with the McGrath internet sales rep, Linda Forey. She provided a salesperson contact name to us - Gabriel Gorelove. Linda did follow up with us the next day and informed us about the deposit process that McGrath uses - so that the prospective buyer may reserve the car he/she is interested in buying, until such time one can visit the dealership and inspect/drive the car - before making the final decision to buy. We contacted Gabriel and exchanged a couple of emails - discussing colors, options, etc. After some discussion among ourselves, we informed Gabriel that we wanted to proceed to the negotiation stage. Since we had a trade in, we thought we would have to drive our car to the dealership (125 miles, one way) and then perhaps have the journey be in vain because of a possible non agreement about the final price, after the trade in allowance. Amazingly, after describing our car and providing the VIN, Gabriel, almost immediately provided to us, the allowance on our car - without even seeing it! Never before, in our lifetime of buying new cars (50 years), has a dealer been so accommodating and trusting. After exchanging a few more emails with Gabriel, we came to an agreement on the final purchase price - by telephone - and we put down a small deposit. Shortly thereafter, he emailed us a confirmation purchase order. We then had a short telephone chat and agreed that we would pick up the car in two days. The next morning, the revised weather forecast indicated that the weather would be much better - that day - and not the next - as we had planned on. We called Gabriel - no problem - the car would be ready - a day early! We drove up immediately, and the entire process went smooth as silk; introductions, much pleasantry, time for refreshments and treats - compliments of the dealership, car inspection, financial paperwork (expertly and efficiently administered/completed by Chris Banago), and finally, Gabriel's comprehensive explanation of the car and all of its features. We were back on the road home within about two hours or so after we arrived at the dealership. Fantastic! McGrath is simply a magnificent dealership from whom to buy a car. We have never experienced such a easy and straightforward purchase process for a new car. We shopped other dealers, and none of them offered the trade in allowance that McGrath did; further, they all had to inspect and drive the vehicle - before making an offer. From first contact by email, until we drove our car out of the dealership, everyone we came in contact with, whether over the internet, by telephone, or in person - was helpful, friendly, and best of all - absolutely genuine. We bought a 2014 Audi A6, and could not be happier with the car we selected, the buying process, the McGrath staff, and the phenomenal price we paid for the vehicle. Do shop McGrath. You will not be disappointed!

Used car buying experience.

by from Glenview, IL |

I would like to take a moment to recognize Alex Zabarsky, my salesman at McGrath Audi. I usually do not write reviews but I do have to make it known that this was one of the most pleasant experiences I have had. I initially saw the car on Cars.com. I was communicated via email and by phone and had an appointment the day I came in. When I got to the dealership, I was greeted by the salesman. He was not pushy, he was kind, and I felt he was trying to get me the best deal rather than nickel and diming me. I will definitely buy from here again. Thank you Alex and McGrath.

Bought the car. Good experience

by from Chicago il |

Good buying experience n facility crowded. New one will help

Poor customer service, but fair prices

by from St Paul, MN |

I recently purchased a used car from McGrath Audi. I had contacted them, as indicated, for "special internet pricing." The price was exactly the same, and it took talking to three different internet reps to confirm they are not allowed to negotiate on price. Misleading. Once the price dropped further, and understanding the minimal opportunity for negotiation, I drove from out of state to buy the car. It was a slow process once there, but the sales person and manager were personable enough. The car was as represented, and a good deal, and they came to a fair price for our trade-in as well. I paid a fee for them - not able to opt out - to get the out of state plates I needed. They took seven, yes, seven, weeks to figure it out with their equally incompetent licensing service. Many, many unreturned phone messages to everyone from sales to finance and even the general manager, day after day. Any time I did talk to somebody, they assured me the next step was occurring, but yet when I called to confirm a day or two later, they figured out it really hadn't. Nobody there seems to communicate well with each other, or the customer. Aggravating that nobody could, or was willing, to complete this necessary task for which I paid.

McGrath Audi responded to this review

December 31, 2013

We apologize for our performance and for this customer's inconvenience. It is always our desire to provide top level service and to provide an excellent purchasing experience at all times. A combination of brand new business managers and an honest mistake in determining the title transfer process by our third party out of state transfer company, caused a breakdown. The communication issue is a result of our team believing that someone else in the process was communicating with the customer. This is a very rare combination of new people and an error by our normally excellent out of state transfer service. We have implemented additional processes to ensure this breakdown will not reoccur. The customer's pricing issue was caused by our lowering a price, not raising the price. Our intent was to make the vehicle priced more attractively to buyers and which worked to the advantage of this customer in the end. She paid $1,000 less for the car without having to negotiate. As the customer has stated, she received a great price and drove 400 miles to make the deal with us. The car was "as represented" and he trade in was fairly valued. McGrath Audi has an excellent record for customer satisfaction and we truly apologize for the level of service the customer has experienced. Terry Trickett General Manager

A Win-Win!

by from Chicago, IL |

I purchased my first Audi (A6 3.0T) from McGrath on 8/30/2012. After a few sketchy experiences at other Audi dealers, I was initially hesitant about what I would encounter. I met Rich, had a great (QUICK!) discussion about a mutually beneficial price & trade-in offer and away we went! Rich went through all of the features of the car, gave me great info during the test drive, and I was able to close a deal extraordinarily fast. There was no pressure on the sales staff's part, nor was there pressure with financing. Actually, I got a better financing rate than what my credit union was offering me! One thing that was impressive was when Rich gave me a car tour and set up my bluetooth & garage features while the finance department finished the paperwork. No sitting in a room haggling over nickels, dimes and dollars like you would at another dealership. One piece of advice: do your homework. When you know what you're getting and you know what you're paying, it makes the experience that much easier. My preparation helped me immensely. When preparation meets expectation, it's a win-win situation. That's what my time at McGrath was...a win-win!

Worst Audi dealer I have experienced

by from Morton Grove, IL |

Unfortunately my closest dealer. Very overpiced on service. Multiple times I had to call my previous dealer in Salt Lake City to check the pricing on the parts and labor, and than argue with McGrath service manager to match. I keep an older Audi as one of my cars to remind me not to buy one any more, as long as I stay in this area, ever! Dealership seems to cater to soccer moms rather than car enthusiasts.

Worst dealer in Chicago area

by from chicago, il |

If you are considering buying an audi, try going to naperville or schamburg. Their service is 1000 times better than mcgraths. sales people are very helpful, they treat you with respect and honesty.

Not easy to communicate with

by from Tampa, FL |

Left a message for the sales manager to negotiate the price of a used car listed on cars.com, and he had an assitant return the phone call with a striaght "No" and would not discuss price further. I would not buy a car from these people.