The Autobarn Evanston Volkswagen Mazda Nissan Fiat

Service 888-955-3582 Service 888-955-3582

Proudly serving the Chicagoland area since 1990

Purchased New Mazda Miata MX-5 Grand Touring

by from Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin |

Purchased a new Mazda Miata MX-5 end of June 2015 working with Luke Rispoli. I had communicated with him via e-mail for a number of weeks prior to my final purchase. Traded in a 2009 Miata MX-5 and received an excellent trade in for the new vehicle. It is a great vehicle and I was satisfied with the service and treatment from Autobarn of Evanston.

The Autobarn Evanston Volkswagen Mazda Nissan Fiat responded to this review

July 18, 2015

Scott, Thank you for your recent feedback. We are happy to have you as a customer and appreciate you driving from our of state to visit us. I hope you are enjoying your new MX-5. Please feel free to contact me directly if you ever need anything else. Thank you, Mike Allegretti General Manager The Autobarn Mazda Evanston 847-425-7772 Direct

Purchased 2015 Beetle Convertible R-Line

by from Fort Wayne, IN |

Very responsive and helpful dealer when my local dealer could not get the car we wanted. Matt Solotaire did a great job in making our out-of-state purchase pain-free and enjoyable. I will recommend this dealer to others.

Nissan Juke Nismo

by from Joliet, Il |

I searched for a car on cars.com and settled on The Autobarn. The car was well represented on line, and the salesman and others were accommodating and informed. I love the car, and my shopping experience was a good one....

Willing to Work With You

by from Chicago, IL |

I purchased a New 2016 GTI S 4 Door Manual from Ramiro (Salesman), Vic (Sales Manager) and Bogdan (Sales Manager). The negotiation process started off on a rough note when I visited for the first time and spoke to Ramiro and Vic. Ramiro was relaying all info to Vic as salesmen have to. When I was not that satisfied with the current offer and was trying to leave, Vic came in personally with a final offer. The offer he gave was the same as the internet sale price (which should be the beginning of the negotiation). I turned them down and left. Vic called me the next morning to follow up and I told him that I found a deal for much less and that I was unhappy about the offer they made me since it was a few dollars off of the internet price. Vic said that he did not know that the price he offered was the same as the internet price because Ramiro never told it to him. Shouldn't a sales manager be aware of pricing and a situation as a whole? Blindly making deals doesn't sound good for them or us. At the end of this conversation, he said that he would meet the other dealer's offer. After a few more phone calls around other dealers I was able to get these guys to lower the price of the vehicle again when speaking to Bogdan. They were also offering me a very good value on my trade in so I eventually made a deal with them. Overall they were nice guys to deal with. Made it really sound as though they wanted to help you. They are willing to work with you to make a deal if you are patient and willing to put in the legwork- good rule for any car buying experience. Some negatives were -(Buying Process) very long wait time for the Finance guy to sign papers. I had a set deal before coming into the dealer and kept them up to date all day on when I was coming in. Had to wait over 2 hours to sign with just 2 customers ahead of me. Finance guy was also not very friendly. -Car was delivered in an "okay" washed condition. Though most dealers use machine washes, Ramiro said they had their best guy cleaning up my car but I was not impressed with the window smudges.

Always great service

by from Evanston IL |

Very happy with the costumer service of Autobarn Evanston. Mr. Juan Vargas was very helpful taking care of my Mazda cx5.

Excellent Mazda Service Department

by from Evanston, IL |

Juan Castellanos at Mazda service dept at Autobarn in Evanston was simply fantastic to work with on my 2004 Mazda RX-8 on a few occasions in 2015. I used to deal with other Mazda locations outside of IL and, while they usually eventually got the work done, the service I received here was clearly above and beyond anything I experienced before. Juan was very knowledgeable, detailed, and upfront about everything. The diagnostics and repairs were fast and on the spot, and pricing was always as agreed or lower if situation allowed. He worked with my extended warranty company flawlessly, made small miracles happen with getting hard-to-find parts appear almost instantaneously, and kept me notified about the progress every step of the way. I rarely bother to write reviews, but this was the best car service experience I have ever had - thank you!

O.K. Not The Best Experience

by from Chicago, Illinois |

Tried to purchase a used vehicle from the Auto Barn of Evanston, the salesman Michael was nice enough, but when we found a few MAJOR things wrong they didn't think it was a big deal and would not work with the pricing. Also after being there a couple of hours and trying to work out the deal and ran my credit, they then said we would have to purchase the vehicle outright because they do not finance that old of a vehicle. Wasted over 2.5 hours of our time! They knew right off the bat we were going to finance the balance???? Buyer BEWARE!!! They said they didn't know there were and major issues with the vehicle, I THOUGHT THEY GO OVER A FEW DOZEN OF CHECKS BEFORE THEY OFFER IT FOR SALE??? Guess Not!!!

Friendly service department

by from Lincolnwood, IL |

Nice waiting area and amenity (Tea/Coffee/TV/Internet)

An enjoyable shopping experience!

by from Niles,IL |

David York was a delight to work with. He made car shopping stress-free and enjoyable. He was extremely knowledgeable about the Mazda CX 5 which made me feel so comfortable about the product. I never felt pressured or rushed; I felt like David was only looking out for my best interests. I will definitely recommend him to my family and friends. And I love my new car!

Making it look easy

by from Chicago, Il. |

My salesman Matt was very helpful in showing me all the cool features my car has, and how they work. Many thanks to Bogdan the manager, who made a great deal on a 2016 Golf SE happen! I got the exact car I wanted at the right price...