McGrath Honda of Elgin

Service 888-279-7106

New and Used Certified Honda Dealership

Terrible experience

by from Elgin, IL |

Took an appointment for 12:15 but after 45 mins the advisor tells me my car is next in line. I get checked out eventually after service which in total took over an hr and then had to wait over 20 mins or even more for car to come. Service advisor was missing for 30 to 45 mins and then he comes in car. As i drive out notice a piece of stone stuck in tire which wasn't there before. The appointment was for a free multipoint inspection and they have a banner that claims they can do oil change in 35 mins.

Terrible experience

by from Elgin, IL |

Many years ago I tried to purchase a car from this dealership and had a really miserable experience with the Sales Manager (Chris). I swore I would never go back, unfortunately I tried to give them another shot and it was comical how dishonest these people continue to be. This was by far the worst car buying experience of my life. The same Sales Manager (Chris) was over the top dishonest and arrogant again. I spent hours in the dealership working out the deal, after having a verbal agreement on price and options they raised the price by 2k hoping that I wouldn't notice. I noticed when signing the papers in the finance office. By continuing to employee this so called Sales Manager (Chris) the owner of the dealership is condoning this type of behavior. I am so embarrassed for the people that own this business. I hope they are aware that this type of behavior is happening in their dealership.

Excellent Sales Team and Selection at McGrath!

by from Palatine, IL |

I wish I came to McGrath first! They had exactly what I was looking for. Not just the right car, but the right team of professionals to work with, leaving me completely satisfied after everything was done. Joe, Mike, and Bernardo are all great guys to work with. I'm probably not the most easy person to deal with but they still managed to hit it out of the park. Plus, this dealer included a protection program called, "McGrath Advantage" at no additional cost. It covers things most other dealers don't, like - door dents, car washes, oil changes, tire repair, windshield damage, and more. Definitely worth checking them out. Ask for Joe!

good deal

by from Rockford, IL |

Bought here, since they were willing to beat any other offer. Buying process was pretty smooth. More sweet talking on the "buy a warranty" end than I had time for, but it all went pretty well. They tried hard to make the process simple. Others warned me of gotchas once I showed up, but I didn't have any - I pressed hard to get a clear offer in writing ahead of time.

Find Another Honda Dealership!

by from Batavia, IL |

I contacted the dealer via the internet for a car that we found online. When we went in to look at and test drive the car we had a seemingly helpful and eager young man for a sales rep. However, it seems that the sales reps are not empowered to actually work with the customer as everything must be passed by the manager - and I mean everything! The manager was unfriendly, unresponsive, and frankly didn't seem to care if we made a deal or not. We ultimately bought the car but only because it was unique and I wanted it. Had there been another one out there I would have made the choice to go to another dealer rather than be treated like I was treated at McGrath. Customer service is not their MO. They're rude and do not appreciate your business. I have yet to receive a thank you from them for my purchase and can't imagine what having my vehicle serviced is going to be like. I'll be taking it somewhere else without a doubt. There are other Honda dealers out there. Don't waste your time here. These people don't care about their customers.

Terrible experience!

by from Bensenville, IL |

I was shopping around for a used vehicle and found one that I was interested in at this dealer on cars.com. I called the dealer to find out if the vehicle I was interested in was still available, the person I spoke with assured me that it was and we scheduled an appointment for me to go see it the following day. When I got there I was intaken by one of the internet sales employees, he took my information, confirmed my appointment and asked me to wait while they brought the car around for a test drive. After a few minutes of waiting he came back and told me that the vehicle had been sold at auction. Needless to say I was very upset, we drove quite a bit to get there with a 3 month old. I wish they had been honest when I called to ask about the vehicle. WASTE OF TIME!

No response

by from Rockford, IL |

I gave them 48 hours to respond to an email asking 1 simple question before I spend my time and gas to drive in and look at the car. No response at all, therefore no trip to the dealership and no sale. That's too bad since I have excellent credit and would have likely bought it on the spot.

Great buying experience....

by from Streamwood, IL. |

Buying a car is my least favorite thing to do even over a root canal..That being said McGrath made it painless. I was happy with the trade in price they gave me on my 2005 Jeep Liberty and the final price of a new Honda Pilot Tour 4 wheel vehicle. Our salesperson, Ed Troike was a pleasure to deal with, friendly and knowledgeable. Had to do the haggle dance a few times but that is expected. The facilities are extremely nice and clean. I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone. May even return next year for a new Accord. We shall see.

Not trustworthy..bully salesperson...waste of time

by from Elgin, il |

I live in Elgin. Wanted to buy a Odyssey EXL..I already had a quote from a dealer 12 miles away. Wanted to understand if can get a butter rate. Called the dealership and was put to internet sales guy as usual. He said that if I come over to the dealership he will beat the price. I went to the dealership at around 6. I was put across to a sales person whom I did not like. I had a bad experience with the same sales guy when I went to Elgin Honda couple of weeks back to just see the vehicle. He took me to the van and said this is the van and it cost 35k. Did not even have the courtesy to show me inside or discuss about the features. Anyway about yesterday..I was very clear that only if I get a better rate, I want to consider McGrath (as I feel all the showroom with McGrath has this habit of not giving the best price but telling we will beat it). Inspite of this, The salesman went out brought a vehicle in front and said that he needs to do this. We again sat in the office and he asked about all irrelevant questions that are not needed for a sale. He asked for print out of quote from other dealership...looked into it and said how he can trust that..and how much was my credit score( thought I had applied for a loan online with McGrath a week back..I never got any details apart someone saying I need to meet McGrath in person). It was already 45 minutes and nothing was happening..I asked the sales guy that if he ready to beat the price...I had said $500. He went in talked to the manager for 15 minutes and as I was ready go..the manager came running saying that he can beat the price by $50.. As being a sales guy myself, I feel ridiculous that why people waste time of their customers. You have to understand that I had given you the quote earlier during the phone call..if it was not possible you should not be calling me in for a sale. The sales guy has a major attitude problem (when I asked him why was it getting delayed..what he was doing..said to me ' don't ask this question in my office) and I think he was drunk too.. Pretty bad breath of beer. Same sort of an issue when I went to St.charles McGrath as well a couple weeks back. I was with the family waiting in the lobby for 15 minutes before someone from the manager's office came to greet me. I saw at least 5 guys sitting there in the manager' s office chit chatting. I sat in the lobby for 15 more minutes while I had 2 people come inquire if I was waiting for someone but nothing done. At last a sales guy came and said that all the sales guys are busy as couple of them were in leave and I might need to wait for sometime before someone attends. I just walked away. Pretty bad experience..

Tricky

by from dubuque, ia |

They did not say anything about the bumper of the car when they list it on their website on on the other websites, but the bumper was damaged. And they said talk about offer if they replaced the bumper. The manager very tricky and rule.