McGrath Nissan

Used 877-680-7171
Service 888-268-9435

No sale, but friendly

by from Des Moines, Ia |

We couldn't make a deal, but the salesman I talked to was very polite and fair. If we could have came to terms on a price I'm confidant the transaction would have went smoothly.

Lack of Integrity / Honesty /

by from Illinois |

I contacted the dealer's internet sales department regarding a used car. I was traveling about 2 hours so I wanted some details before making the trip. Since the history report was not online, I asked the internet sales person to review with me. Reading from the report, she told me that the vehicle was from a loyal customer, that the customer had a fender bender and the vehicle was repaired at their shop, and other than that, it was a clean history report. I made the trip with the intentions of inspecting and purchasing. I arrived and drove the vehicle, and when I went inside I asked to see the history report. The first item on the list was that it had been a Nissan repurchase under the "lemon" program. I walked right away. When directly asked on the phone, the salesperson chose to ignore the facts, I'm guessing in the hopes I wouldn't ask when inspecting the vehicle. Regardless of my feeling about the vehicle being a lemon, I left because I could no longer trust the dealership.

McGrath Nissan responded to this review

May 29, 2013

I am very sorry that our internet manager missed the description on the Armada. Honestly, she is new at reading Carfax reports and was looking specifically for accidents. The vehicle was purchased originally from another Nissan dealer, however the client did have all his service, as well and the body repair, done here at McGrath Nissan. I understand that you are frustrated, but I can assure you that it was not intentional. If you would like to discuss it further with me, please contact me at 847-695-6700. Thanks, Scott McGrath

Nothing but a good experience

by from Aurora, IL |

My family had been in an accident in which our family car was a total loss. We went into the dealer and explained we wanted as new and low mileage as we could within a certain price and the dealer worked with us to stay in our criteria. Eddie Ortiz and Manny were very helpful and pleasant to work with and made our experience a good one which often doesn't happen when going thru the car buying experience. We felt very good about our experience and help from Hal, Manny and Eddie. Thank you

poor salesmanship

by from North Aurora , IL |

I went to this dealer to buy a used mini van for my business. I drove the minivan and was interested in purchasing it. We were $200.00 apart on the price, so I thanked him for his time and left. Sure enough five minutes later the salesman gives me a call on my cell phone in order to close the deal. I thought we had agreed on a price when he came back with a totally different amount. When I questioned him about it he became angry, began yelling and accused me of calling him a liar. He then hung up on me. It was the most bizarre experience I have ever encountered while trying to buy a vehicle. I dont understand why some dealerships play these games.