McGrath Nissan

Used 877-680-7171
Service 888-268-9435

perfect experience

by from Schaumburg, IL |

I have recently purchased a new Nissan Altima from McGrath. My experience was wonderful from sales to service. I went to another dealership in the area before I went to McGrath. The other dealership jerked me around regarding price. I feel that McGrath Nissan was honest from the beginning but I was lured in to another dealership based upon an unrealistic quote. I would recommend McGrath Nissan to anyone interested in purchasing a new Nissan. I truly feel that McGrath is honest!

Expect the Worst Customer service ever

by from Hoffman Estates, IL |

Manny Crisostomo is the rudest person I ever dealt with. I am an existing customer of McGrath Acura so decided to go over to Elgin McGrath Nissan to check out Nissan rouge with my brother. When we walked in, there were few sales associated walking around and nobody bothered to even greet us or ask what we were looking for. Finally when I approached a guy who was standing by the desk and working on the computer and he happened to be the sales manager Manny Crisostomo. I have been to several dealerships in my 6 new car buying experience and I must say I never experienced such an unfriendly person. He asked us what we are looking for, when we started telling him what we are looking for he was least bothered in what we were saying and continued working on his computer. And the worst part was when we told him about an ad from another dealership which listed an aggressive sale price for the Car, His response was Sickening he was like Just go buy it from there and started making jokes about it with his colleagues around him. He even called out at another manager who was sitting across from him and said, Look these guys are getting such and such car for this price and they all started cracking up as if they wanted to make us feel embarrassed.. This is the lowest level of customer service one can get ... I am so disappointed, I am going to talk about this experience to as many people as possible and write about this experience in every review site possible to make sure that any future customers thinking of going to Nissan Elgin should rethink their decision because of such low standard of customer support and hospitality....

No sale, but friendly

by from Des Moines, Ia |

We couldn't make a deal, but the salesman I talked to was very polite and fair. If we could have came to terms on a price I'm confidant the transaction would have went smoothly.

Lack of Integrity / Honesty /

by from Illinois |

I contacted the dealer's internet sales department regarding a used car. I was traveling about 2 hours so I wanted some details before making the trip. Since the history report was not online, I asked the internet sales person to review with me. Reading from the report, she told me that the vehicle was from a loyal customer, that the customer had a fender bender and the vehicle was repaired at their shop, and other than that, it was a clean history report. I made the trip with the intentions of inspecting and purchasing. I arrived and drove the vehicle, and when I went inside I asked to see the history report. The first item on the list was that it had been a Nissan repurchase under the "lemon" program. I walked right away. When directly asked on the phone, the salesperson chose to ignore the facts, I'm guessing in the hopes I wouldn't ask when inspecting the vehicle. Regardless of my feeling about the vehicle being a lemon, I left because I could no longer trust the dealership.

McGrath Nissan responded to this review

May 29, 2013

I am very sorry that our internet manager missed the description on the Armada. Honestly, she is new at reading Carfax reports and was looking specifically for accidents. The vehicle was purchased originally from another Nissan dealer, however the client did have all his service, as well and the body repair, done here at McGrath Nissan. I understand that you are frustrated, but I can assure you that it was not intentional. If you would like to discuss it further with me, please contact me at 847-695-6700. Thanks, Scott McGrath

Nothing but a good experience

by from Aurora, IL |

My family had been in an accident in which our family car was a total loss. We went into the dealer and explained we wanted as new and low mileage as we could within a certain price and the dealer worked with us to stay in our criteria. Eddie Ortiz and Manny were very helpful and pleasant to work with and made our experience a good one which often doesn't happen when going thru the car buying experience. We felt very good about our experience and help from Hal, Manny and Eddie. Thank you

poor salesmanship

by from North Aurora , IL |

I went to this dealer to buy a used mini van for my business. I drove the minivan and was interested in purchasing it. We were $200.00 apart on the price, so I thanked him for his time and left. Sure enough five minutes later the salesman gives me a call on my cell phone in order to close the deal. I thought we had agreed on a price when he came back with a totally different amount. When I questioned him about it he became angry, began yelling and accused me of calling him a liar. He then hung up on me. It was the most bizarre experience I have ever encountered while trying to buy a vehicle. I dont understand why some dealerships play these games.