Volkswagen of Rochester

Service 866-517-9609

Get More

The BEST Internet Used-Car Buying Experinece EVER

by from Green Bay, WI |

We live in Wisconsin and wanted a particular used car (a VW Beetle Bug Convertible), and we found it online through this dealership. I was nervous because I am not the type of person who generally buys used cars and definitely not the type of person who makes a major purchase sight unseen! I worked with the BEST sales person whose name is Jimmy B. He went over and beyond what most people would expect. He promptly answered calls and email messages (and there were many). He answered all questions (and there were many). He addressed all concerns (and there were many). Once we made the decision to purchase the car, Jimmy had the car completely checked over and cleaned/detailed for us - complete with flower in the vase. He even suggested that we mail our license plates to him so that he would have them on the car when we picked it up. The office staff and service staff were also great to work with. At first we were going to hire a transport company to pick up the car for us, but that got complicated, so we decided to make it an adventure! We booked flights from Green Bay to Boston, where Jimmy personally picked us up! Amazing customer service. When we got to the dealership we were amazed to see that it was a small, family run business and not like the impersonal, mega-car/dealerships we have in our area. My husband and I were so impressed with EVERYTHING that we said that we would repeat our long-distance adventure and buy our next car (used or new) from this dealership when the time is right. I marked five stars/excellent on all aspects of this review; however, Volkswagen of Rochester NH, and Jimmy B, are ten stars plus!

May 19, 2014

Thank you for those kind words, we work very hard to give a great buying experience for our customers. Glad to hear you had a safe trip back to Wisconsin! Thank you for your business from the team at VW of Rochester!

Amazing Service and Customer Care

by from Rochester, NH |

The service team here always is so pleasant to deal with, quick to explain and always seem to do the right thing by the customer. The people are what keep me happy with Volkswagen as a brand. Absolutely exceptional customer service.

October 20, 2014

Thank you for those kind words and thank you for being part of the VW of Rochester family!

A pleasant trip!

by from Rochester, NH |

Personally, I very much dislike the process of buying a car. I don't care to barter and it upsets me exponentially the longer it lasts. Well ... these guys made it happen! I got exactly what I was searching for at a very fair price with zero b.s.! On the whole, a rather painless experience, which we much ap- preciated. Thanks to Gary Bolduc for a job well done. Also, I was very pleased that John Carpenter made that extra effort to notify me that the apparent sale of the vehicle had fallen through. Thanks also to the experienced Jimmy B. & TJ for making it happen. I must also mention the professionalism and efficiency of Bill Leduc & Steve Beranger in the service dept. who always treat the customer with respect and concern. -Best regards, JK

June 19, 2014

It was a pleasure to get you into the car of your first choice. We try hard to do business the way our customers want. Thank you for your business

Just had to acknowledge the customer service...

by from Epping, NH |

First, I NEVER think to write a review as a consumer, but after several visits to the service center, I felt prompted to provide this testimony. The entire service team at VW of Rochester is there to take care of its customers - from handling a same day repair or two, to helping me map out and prioritize an action plan since I am fairly low income and cannot take care of all my upkeep and maintenance services in one visit. Upon wrap up of my first service over a year and a half ago, I felt I've finally found someplace that takes care of me, not just my car. Several routine visits later, I can share that I have enough history with them to say my initial feeling has been confirmed over and over again. Many (most?) businesses have mission statements or company goals which put the customer first, and sadly, while that may be the intent, it is trumped by bottom lines, quotas and pressure to meet and exceed financial goals, I don't think this is a secret. While VW of Rochester obviously seeks to thrive as a business, I truly believe they SEEK to thrive by focusing on customer good will and customer retention and loyalty. By doing so, I think they hope customers will highly recommend them, as I do. I'm fairly low income, and at other service centers, I've been very aware that I've been profiled as less an asset - a customer of less value. This was clearly reflected in waiting times, unreturned phone calls, status updates that mirrored the previous status update (as in, they didn't touch my car, almost as if they forgot it was there) and sloppy work (like installing a defective cam shaft sensor, seemingly careless in ordering/receiving a part, but not installing it saying that they were waiting for me to give them the go ahead to install, which I had already done twice). One hand didn't know what the other was doing, and these are large, very busy, very profitable service centers. It's not a good feeling wondering if the techs have tightened one screw while loosening another, noticing new problems immediately after a repair or maintenance service had been done. Yeah, I've been bitter and jaded. I think how confident I am in VW of Rochester, how comfortable I am knowing they will strive to do the right thing even by going an extra mile to find a used part to minimize cost. They've been up front with me in letting me know when I don't NEED to have an issue fixed right NOW, allowing me time to save money. How many times have I asked other service centers "Is this an emergency? How long can I safely wait to get this work done?" and gotten an ambiguous response of "Well... you don't want to wait too long" as if to imply something bad COULD happen at any moment or "I'd get it done within 2 weeks" when I could wait much longer in order to save up money. Same scenario, VW of Rochester has asked me ?well, what kind of driving do you do? If you drive mostly to and from work locally, you?ll be alright for a couple of months, but I wouldn't put it off longer than that?. Honest, knowledgeable, decent. Did I say everyone at VW of Rochester is friendly? No kidding. Even the salesmen who I have no business with greet me. I believe they practice customer loyalty every day, every customer, every time. I believe every employee strives to embody the golden rule of treating other's as they'd want to be treated. I believe I WILL get the right service, reasonably priced, quickly. I know I'm encouraged that, even though my financial circumstances may be somewhat dicey and confining and can limit what they can do, they will do everything possible to make it work. I know I've found the right place for my car (and for me!) and I no longer question what might be happening with my car on the other side of those service doors. I know they will help me navigate my car?s health without taking advantage of me and probably most importantly, I know I'm valued.

June 19, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We treat our customers as we would like to be treated. Our VW family here at VW of Rochester will welcome you back anytime! Thank you for your business.

new car experience

by from South Berwick ,Maine |

No hassle process when buying a VW. Best deal offered up front. Generous trades.

June 19, 2014

Thank you very much! We try hard to be the best.

Great sales and service experience

by from Dover, NH 03820 |

I called Rochester VW, regarding a KIA Optima I saw listed on their web site. I was able to do all of the sales negotiations over the phone and through emails. The sales process was one of the easiest I have gone through, considering this is the 4th car I have purchased this year. John Carpenter our sales person was excellent. I didn't get the typical sales pitch, very straight forward. The Finance MGR , JT emailed me a finance form which I was able to complete at home. When I arrived at the dealership, I was out of there with my car In about 45 minutes. Our KiA Optima was in great shape, very clean and exactly how John described the car to me. There was a small issue with the rear brakes, R.VW took the car into service and immediately corrected the problem. I am very happy with the sales process and would defiantly recommend them for anyone in the market of a new or used car.I noticed that they have some great cars at excellent prices on the lot. I also spoke to John about a Passat, that I was also able to get a great price and reasonable trade in value for my car. Even the facility is impressive, very modern. Not your typical dealership.

May 13, 2014

Andrew, Thank you for the kind words and it was a pleasure doing business with you!

Safe again

by from Rochester NH |

This is our second time in taking in our car. They went right through her and found the "squeeking" I was talking about. Now our 'sweetie' is safe again with new brakes and swaybar. Everyone was very nice and explained everything in great detail. Thank you so much and we will see you again soon for service on the truck!

November 1, 2013

Glad to get you back on the road safe again! We will be here for you the next time, and every time you need us.

Friendly, Stress free buying experience

by from Sandown, NH |

Overall an excellent buying experience. Thank you Chet and John. I enjoyed doing business with you.

October 22, 2013

Steve,Thank you for you business! Enjoy your Tundra!

BIG service in a little building

by from Durham, NH |

You might be impressed with those giant fancy dealerships you see by the highways or advertised on TV. I've had my cars serviced by a handful of them, but the best service hands-down is offered by VW of Rochester (formerly Beranger VW). This dealership has a family-run feel and they remember your name... After moving away from the area for several years, they STILL remembered my name when I returned. I actually drive miles out of my way to have my car serviced here. Cost, friendly service, expertise... it's all there.

October 22, 2013

Thank you for the positive feedback. We strive to provide the best experience possible.

Great Service Department

by from Rochester, NH |

they are in the process of revamping the service area - will be great! I have had nothing but great service every time I bring my car in. Will purchase my next one there too!

October 22, 2013

We are very excited to have our project finished to serve you and our other VW family better!

Always a Smile

by from Alton, NH |

Always a smile when I go in for service and I'm treated with respect and honesty.

October 22, 2013

Stacy, Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your kind words.