Volkswagen of Rochester

New 877-438-5815
Used 866-740-8028
Service 866-517-9609

Get More

Amazing car buying experience!

by from Rochester, NH |

I did a lot of research looking for the perfect VW Beetle to purchase for my wife. I visited two other Volkswagen dealers locally and upon arriving to "just look" I felt pressured by there sales staff. I visited Volkswagen of Rochester to "just look" at the car on there sales floor and was greeted right away by anyone who walked near me. I was approached by a salesman who asked if I needed help and I said I was all set. He thanked me for coming in and said if I needed help to let him know. There was zero pressure which is the way all dealers should be! After leaving that day I went home and emailed the dealer inquiring about the car. I was immediately emailed back by John from the Internet dept. John called me that afternoon with all the answers to my questions. A few days later I visited the dealership and met up with John who hooked me up with a salesman Gary. Gary sat down with me and asked how he could help. I explained I was looking to get out of a lease and into a new lease on the beetle. He took all my info and what I wanted for a payment. He then went to work on my deal. Gary was back within minutes with all the details and options on paper so I could see them. Gary explained them to me and they were very fair. I asked Gary what it would cost to purchase the car and he got the answer for me right away. Gary explained the payment and helped me to decide that purchasing would be better for me. We made the deal and set up a time to come back for delivery. Upon coming back 2 short hours later the car was ready and Gary was there to great us. We sat down with Gary who covered a few things on the car and then went to finalize the deal with Ian. Ian took the time to explain to us everything to do with the vehicle financing. Ian even helped us with questions we had on returning our other lease. Right after all papers were signed Gary took the time to go over the car completely with my very excited wife. They have followed up with us more then once after purchase with phone calls and not just a blanket email. This really was an amazing car buying experience for me and my family. I will recommend them to anyone who asks and will most definitely do business with them again. Thank you all for making the car buying experience what it should be....and tell service they have a lot to live up to from the way the sales side runs, but I look forward to working with them also. Great job team!

Great Experience at VW of Rochester

by from Gilford, NH |

I traded-in my car last week and bought a used VW, and I couldn't be happier with the buying experience. I had been shopping for a new car, but this dealer didn't have the model I was looking for in stock, so they pointed me to a used car on their lot that was similar to what I wanted. Scott was the salesman who helped me, and Jordan took care of the financing and other paperwork. Both were extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful and, even better, there was zero pressure and none of the stereotypical (and expected) car sales tactics. They even beat my bank's interest rate by nearly a percentage point. The entire experience was stress-free, and I would highly recommend VW of Rochester. Buying used wasn't on my radar, but I'm so glad I did. I saved a bundle and I love my car!

No Integrity Here

by from Rochester, NH |

While looking for a used vehicle, I stopped in at VW of Rochester to test drive a vehicle that was what I was looking for. It was evident that the vehicle needed a proper alignment (pulled very hard to the right), and also needed to have the tires balanced or replaced (shaking steering wheel and whomp whomp whomp noise). When I brought this up on the test drive, the sales rep stated that "all vehicles are designed to drift to the right so that they do not cross the center line in the event of someone falling asleep at the wheel." Because of this, the certified vehicle would not have an alignment done, nor did "the shaking tires need anything done to them." Needless to say, I would recommend buying from a dealership that is focused on customer service rather than saving a few dollars. I must say that I am amazed by all the great reviews on this site. I am sure the VW of Rochester is fine for new vehicles (it's pretty hard to screw up a vehicle right off the assembly line), but I would say run away if you are looking at used or want a dealership that you can trust.

April 24, 2015

SRF, We're very sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with your experience here at VW of Rochester. We always strive to provide 100% satisfaction and operate with full integrity regardless of whether its a new or pre-owned vehicle sale. Your concern has been addressed with our staff and we will work diligently to ensure this matter is resolved. VW of Rochester

Fantastic Experience!

by from Hampden ME |

I purchased a pre owned vehicle from Volkswagen of Rochester and it was the best car buying experience I have ever had. From my initial phone conversation with John, through the financial services portion with JT and finally the vehicle test drive and inspection with Jim, the experience was genuine, sincere and professional. I drove over three hours to buy from this dealership because of all the positive reviews here on cars.com. I am so glad I did. The team helped me arrange all of the pre purchase details ensuring my trip down would be efficient. The car was exactly as promised and the financial arrangements were all set and ready to go. I never once experienced pushiness or pressure. They provided me time and patience as I made my decisions. I would certainly drive three hours to them again when I need another vehicle. I only wish I was closer to make use of the great service department. Thanks!

Best Dealership I've Ever Experienced

by from Lancaster, PA |

I've been to a lot of dealerships and have even worked at a few. I know a good dealership when I see one. Volkswagen of Rochester gave me the best buying experience I have ever had. The Wissler family, Jordan, Dwight, Gayle, and even their amazing dog Clair, treated my wife and I better than we could have ever expected. Whenever walking into the dealership it feels like home. All the employees know us by name and ask to see how were doing each time we visit. Jimmy, Chet, and John are the most knowledgeable and honest salesmen I have ever dealt with. I know they treat each customer with the type of care they would want to receive. If you are looking for a dealership to help you with finding the right car and even helping to make it affordable please trust me and stop by and see the Wisslers. I know you will not be disappointed; I know my wife and I were glad we found them.

I love my Tiguan! second one!

by from Rochester, NH |

This is my second Volkswagen, I love the power from the turbo and the traction in winter(and this is a bad winter) from the all wheel drive 4Motion. The procces for getting a car could not have been any more simple.

After the purchase...not so good

by from Rochester, NH |

I had posted previously about the fact that the buying process was friendly and easy. This statement still holds true...the process of buying was easy. Sadly, how this dealership has handled an issue after the purchase has tainted the experience. After we purchased a CPO Touareg from VW of Rochester, we had a slowly leaking tire. Upon inspection, we found that the dealership sold us a vehicle that has a plugged tire. The CPO program requires that all tires have "no damage." VW of Rochester has stated that a plugged tire is perfectly acceptable on a CPO vehicle, the same as it would be acceptable on a new vehicle. I spoke with VW Corp. and although they agreed with me on the issue, they have no recourse with an independent dealer. Needless to say, buying a certified vehicle and needing to replace tires in less than 45 days is unacceptable. I would not be complaining if I ran over a nail, hit a curb, or otherwise damaged the tire on my own, but the fact is that this dealership did not live up to what the VW CPO program promises.

Amazing Service and Customer Care

by from Rochester, NH |

The service team here always is so pleasant to deal with, quick to explain and always seem to do the right thing by the customer. The people are what keep me happy with Volkswagen as a brand. Absolutely exceptional customer service.

October 20, 2014

Thank you for those kind words and thank you for being part of the VW of Rochester family!

A pleasant trip!

by from Rochester, NH |

Personally, I very much dislike the process of buying a car. I don't care to barter and it upsets me exponentially the longer it lasts. Well ... these guys made it happen! I got exactly what I was searching for at a very fair price with zero b.s.! On the whole, a rather painless experience, which we much ap- preciated. Thanks to Gary Bolduc for a job well done. Also, I was very pleased that John Carpenter made that extra effort to notify me that the apparent sale of the vehicle had fallen through. Thanks also to the experienced Jimmy B. & TJ for making it happen. I must also mention the professionalism and efficiency of Bill Leduc & Steve Beranger in the service dept. who always treat the customer with respect and concern. -Best regards, JK

June 19, 2014

It was a pleasure to get you into the car of your first choice. We try hard to do business the way our customers want. Thank you for your business

Just had to acknowledge the customer service...

by from Epping, NH |

First, I NEVER think to write a review as a consumer, but after several visits to the service center, I felt prompted to provide this testimony. The entire service team at VW of Rochester is there to take care of its customers - from handling a same day repair or two, to helping me map out and prioritize an action plan since I am fairly low income and cannot take care of all my upkeep and maintenance services in one visit. Upon wrap up of my first service over a year and a half ago, I felt I've finally found someplace that takes care of me, not just my car. Several routine visits later, I can share that I have enough history with them to say my initial feeling has been confirmed over and over again. Many (most?) businesses have mission statements or company goals which put the customer first, and sadly, while that may be the intent, it is trumped by bottom lines, quotas and pressure to meet and exceed financial goals, I don't think this is a secret. While VW of Rochester obviously seeks to thrive as a business, I truly believe they SEEK to thrive by focusing on customer good will and customer retention and loyalty. By doing so, I think they hope customers will highly recommend them, as I do. I'm fairly low income, and at other service centers, I've been very aware that I've been profiled as less an asset - a customer of less value. This was clearly reflected in waiting times, unreturned phone calls, status updates that mirrored the previous status update (as in, they didn't touch my car, almost as if they forgot it was there) and sloppy work (like installing a defective cam shaft sensor, seemingly careless in ordering/receiving a part, but not installing it saying that they were waiting for me to give them the go ahead to install, which I had already done twice). One hand didn't know what the other was doing, and these are large, very busy, very profitable service centers. It's not a good feeling wondering if the techs have tightened one screw while loosening another, noticing new problems immediately after a repair or maintenance service had been done. Yeah, I've been bitter and jaded. I think how confident I am in VW of Rochester, how comfortable I am knowing they will strive to do the right thing even by going an extra mile to find a used part to minimize cost. They've been up front with me in letting me know when I don't NEED to have an issue fixed right NOW, allowing me time to save money. How many times have I asked other service centers "Is this an emergency? How long can I safely wait to get this work done?" and gotten an ambiguous response of "Well... you don't want to wait too long" as if to imply something bad COULD happen at any moment or "I'd get it done within 2 weeks" when I could wait much longer in order to save up money. Same scenario, VW of Rochester has asked me ?well, what kind of driving do you do? If you drive mostly to and from work locally, you?ll be alright for a couple of months, but I wouldn't put it off longer than that?. Honest, knowledgeable, decent. Did I say everyone at VW of Rochester is friendly? No kidding. Even the salesmen who I have no business with greet me. I believe they practice customer loyalty every day, every customer, every time. I believe every employee strives to embody the golden rule of treating other's as they'd want to be treated. I believe I WILL get the right service, reasonably priced, quickly. I know I'm encouraged that, even though my financial circumstances may be somewhat dicey and confining and can limit what they can do, they will do everything possible to make it work. I know I've found the right place for my car (and for me!) and I no longer question what might be happening with my car on the other side of those service doors. I know they will help me navigate my car?s health without taking advantage of me and probably most importantly, I know I'm valued.

June 19, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We treat our customers as we would like to be treated. Our VW family here at VW of Rochester will welcome you back anytime! Thank you for your business.

new car experience

by from South Berwick ,Maine |

No hassle process when buying a VW. Best deal offered up front. Generous trades.

June 19, 2014

Thank you very much! We try hard to be the best.