Berlin City Toyota Lexus

Service 866-809-8389

Berlin City = Easy

No pressure

by from Sanford, ME |

Great experience overall. I didn't have time for a test drive the first day I was there and the salesman didn't pressure me at all into taking it. He took some contact info and worked with me to schedule a test drive later. Bought the truck a few days later. They went out of their way to get the truck I wanted from another lot as fast as possible.

Easy and Professional

by from Maine |

I am a lady of a certain age so I was not looking forward to buying a new car. I knew I wanted a RAV 4 to replace a much loved Highlander and I knew I wanted to get it at Berlin City because of the excellent service department, but the whole car buying thing can be intimidating. However, Phil Chouinard treated me with respect and professionalism throughout the entire transaction. He knew the car features thoroughly and explained them well - he is a patient teacher. I had no experience with navigation systems so he encouraged me to come back for more lessons as often as I wanted. I have been back once so far and have actually used it on a trip! The business office did pitch the extended warranty on the computers but backed off gracefully when I declined. The whole experience was easy - no pressure and no hassle.i believe I got a more than fair deal. Thanks, Phil!

This is as "Easy" as it gets. Great experience!

by from Portland, Maine |

Let's face it, leasing or buying a new car isn't something we jump out of bed in the morning and think...I'd really like to do THAT today. In fact, we'd probably all prefer to poke sharp sticks in our eyes. We do it when we have to. That being said, I didn't want to. I had to. I went to a different Southern Maine Toyota Dealership before I visited Berlin City. I spent three hours at the "other" dealership. It was three hours I'll never get back...there was smoke, mirrors - more smoke and more mirrors... Let me save anyone who is reading this some time. Go to Berlin City Toyota Lexus of Portland to buy or lease your new car. Ask for Peter Thibault and Matt Almy. The prompt at the bottom of this comment box is showing me I only have 3257 characters left to tell you how great it was to work the two of them. That won't be enough. So I'll leave it at this...Go there. You'll get the car you want for the best deal you can get in Southern Maine.

Great Experience

by from Portland Maine |

I knew what car i wanted and the entire experience was great. The salesman brought the car to my office so i could see it right away, and then had no problem with me taking it to my mechanic to check out - just to be sure. Overall - as painless as I imagine such a process could be.

Excellent experience

by from Portland, ME |

I approach car buying -- especially new car buying -- with dread. But I got a pleasant surprise this time. // The industry as a whole has an earned reputation for shenanigans that make getting a vehicle at a good price very challenging, even for those willing to do the relevant homework. I did the homework, following the guidelines on Consumer Reports. That led me to TrueCar (also available through Consumer Reports and AAA), which proved very helpful. But the dealers do not really want to sell cars at the prices offered via TrueCar. If you want a reliable quote from TrueCar, you must specify EXACTLY a car (model, options, colors, etc.) that presently sits in the dealer's inventory. Even then, I'd proceed with caution. // But, that said, I was very pleased with the overall experience I had at Berlin City Toyota with Nick Nadeau, Direct Sales Manager. He called me within minutes of me placing my order via TrueCar. He found (something pretty close to) the car I was looking for promptly at another dealer and offered it at a price acceptably close to the TrueCar price. He listened well, was responsive, and candid. I would be happy to direct any friend needing a car to him. // There was one relatively minor hiccup with the delivery process that was due to some of the support staff, but Nick fixed that promptly and apologized convincingly. // The one major complaint I have is with Toyota's extended warranty offerings on the car's computers and electronics. The finance staff was clearly there to sell that option. I'm skeptical about its value and refused it. But (to put it politely) it was very hard to get that refusal heard. If there is a sound business case to be made for this option (which is essentially a form of insurance), then let's see Toyota's stats on how often these issues arise. It doesn't matter what parts and labor on these fixes cost unless I also know how likely these problems are to arise.

Great car, great sales guide

by from Gorham, ME |

This is my first time buying a car in the US. After hard searching work on the net and different shops, I decide to buy my favorite car in Berlin City Toyota shop. Good quality and good service. I am very satisfied with the process of purchasing the car, esp. my sales guide, Joe Menard, is a very nice person. He is very patient and helpful for he helped me a lot during the whole process. Thanks to his great job, I feel vey confident and comfortable with the car. I highly recommend Berlin City Toyota and the sales guide, Joe, to new customers! This is really plesant experience of buying a car, excellent car with good price!

Made Buying A New Car FUN!

by from Portland, ME |

Yes, I actually had fun buying my Prius and that's due to Greg West, our salesman. He is smart, well-educated on the hybrid models offered by Toyota that I considered, and also warm, kind and funny. In other words, a lovely human being. I pretty much knew I wanted a Toyota Prius but Greg was extremely helpful in walking me through the various extras offered on each Prius model which were confusing at first. He was always available through the decision-making process - and during the time it took the dealership to find my car - but never rushed us. Given Toyota's great reputation as a dependable manufacturer it's nice to know Berlin City doesn't take that for granted and that they hire people like Greg who operate very professionally and who can provide lots of information and explanations.

Best experience I've ever had!!!

by from Casco, ME |

I was so pleased with everything to do with leasing my 2014 RAV4. From the minute I walked in the door, I was made to feel like I was a valued and special person. My customer service rep, Harold Blaney, is fabulous. He made everything so easy and hassle-free, explaining the process fully, and treating me as an intelligent person. Everyone we dealt with was super knowledgeable and friendly. The facility itself is bright and clean and it was a pleasure to do business there.

Great Experience, Nicest Salesman

by from Gray, ME |

I knew what I wanted when I came into Berlin City and I left with it that night. Plain, simply and NO hassellI knew the car I wanted when I came into Berlin City and I left with it that night. Plain - simply - NO hassle. Some people like the haggle, snaggle of buying a car but I hate it. My salesman was Peter Thibult. He is professional, smart and so very good at his job. I would recommend Berlin City Toyota and Peter to anyone purchasing a car.

A different kind of auto buying experience

by from Topsham, ME |

We bought a used certified Camry Hybrid XLE. It wasn't our first choice, but it had low mileage and in every way was virtually new. The buying process we experienced was competent, totally unhurried, thoroughly courteous, warm, and yet allowed me feel free to go any direction I wished in selection of a car, options, etc. Moreover I was able to make the purchase at an exceedingly fair price at terms designed to fit my budget. In the future if given the chance I'd not hesitate to highly recommend Berlin Auto to any prospective buyer. Finally, I'd add that Toyota builds great cars. Together they're a real winning combination.