Berlin City Nissan of Portland

Service 888-694-4592

Experience the Easy Way

2015 Honda Pilot - Lease

by from Portland, Maine |

Friendly sales staff. I will definitely refer my friends and family.

Terrible Service Experience

by from Portland, ME |

My experience with the repair dept. was beyond horrible. A part that costs $30 online and takes about 20 minutes to replace wound up costing $350. I directly asked them about their techniques and was treated very rudely and was not given any breaks when I explained exactly why I couldn't believe what they charged me. This was all because I was afraid I had a more serious problem. They also tried to up-sell a $500 brake job (I passed inspection with no issues exactly 1 week prior). Oh, and I asked for a quote on new door actuators for 2 doors, they put this into their extremely expensive diagnosis and wanted $330 per door! So, if I hadn't been somewhat knowledgable, my $350 mistake (to be fair, the local garage would have been $100, so a $250 mistake) could have been a $1500 mistake! Yikes! No more Nissans, no more Nissan dealers, I'm done.

August 12, 2014

So sorry to hear of your unpleasant service experience. It's obvious that we were lacking the explanation of the work involved in correcting the issue with your vehicle. We appreciate hearing from you to alert us to the concerns you had. Please accept our sincere apology.

Quick, easy and pleasant lease experience!

by from South Portland, Maine |

I recently worked with Ted Hanson on leasing a vehicle. He was extremely professional, informative, and responsive in all of our dealings. He answered as many questions as I posed and helped guide us to make the right selection without the stereotypical "sales" approach. He was a pleasure to deal with and made the process a very positive experience!

July 26, 2014

We sure do appreciate hearing about your shopping experience. Thanks for the kind words about Ted Hanson, his customers have very similar things to say about is no nonsense approach to helping customers purchase vehicles. Thank you for your business.

BEWARE SERVICE SCAM

by from Portland Maine |

SCAM!! Took my Nisson Frontier in for simple repair, asked to do safety check as my sticker expired in 5 weeks. Berlin City tells me that I need front and rear breaks and rotors. Strange, since I had just replaced front pads and rotors 8 months ago!! Then the tell me that I need a new radiator because of a leaky seal. 2 other dealers tell me that the radiator is not even a part of the safety check. They handed me a suggested list of repairs for a simple $1500 - none of which was needed. Took my truck to Sullivans and it passed with nothing needing to be done. BEWARE! as pleasant as they were.

July 1, 2014

We sincerely apologize for the perception you have of us. Thank you for letting us know of your doubts about your service visit. We can assure you that the items presented as needing attention are important yet we may have not effectively communicated the brake pads and rotor concerns along with the radiator leak. It is great to learn that you have spoken to our Service Manager and you will be returning with your vehicle so that we can jointly inspect these items. We will look forward to speaking with you at that time.

Loving the CR-V

by from South Portland, Maine |

I had a very positive car buying experience at Berlin City in South Portland, Maine. I had shopped around at other Honda dealers and was not impressed with the scripted sales pitches and less than desirable pricing. Ted at Berlin City Honda gave me several options and actually listened to what I had to say about what I wanted in a car and what I could afford. He was courteous, professional, knowledgeable, and thorough without being pushy or overbearing. He even stayed late to make sure that I was comfortable with every step of purchase and with my new CR-V. I was also impressed with Patrick in Finance/Purchasing who took the time to go through each step of the leasing process with me. He answered all of my questions and made sure that I understood all of the paperwork and any leasing options available to me in the future.

June 18, 2014

We are most thankful that you took the time to write and leave such awesome feedback on your purchase experience. We truly appreciate hearing the positive comments you had about Ted and Patrick. Thank you for deciding Berlin City Honda was the right place to make your purchase.

EASY Car Buying!

by from Meriden, CT |

Recently when our 4 year old Saturn started costing us more and more in repairs, I decided it was time to start looking for a new car. With all the recalls from GM and nothing helping us with the problems we had with our car, I came to Berlin City Honda. Ted was very friendly and was very patient with me! He treated me like a person and did not pressure me to make a sale. He had no problem when I wanted to go with a smaller car to better fit our budget. Ted bent over backwards to help us, and I am happy to say I am the proud owner of a new CR-V. When my Toyota gives up the ghost, I will be coming back to get another Honda from Berlin City!

June 11, 2014

Melissa, great to hear about the shopping experience you had. We appreciate your business. If there's more we can ever do for you don't hesitate to let us know. All the best and enjoy the new CR-V, it's a great vehicle.

Great Honda Shopping Experience!

by from South Portland, Maine |

Just bought a 2014 Honda Accord and had a fantastic experience! First of all, I went through Steve Gendron at Berlin City Honda in South Portland which made all the difference. Even after multiple test drives with all different types of cars, he was patient and wanted me to make the right decision. Never once did he push or seem anxious to get a deal done. I ended up not being able to decide and came back 4 months later once I figured out what I wanted. We did a lot of our business over e-mail, which really helped save time. He was always available for a test drive and he genuinely cared that I was happy with my purchase and purchase price. I would highly recommend buying through him for a great car buying experience.

Awesome car buying experience!

by from Lebanon, NH |

I just bought my used Mazda Cx-9 tonight from Berlin City Auto of Portland, ME. The experience was awesome. I called about the car last night (at 6pm.) I spoke with Stefan who gave me a top dollar appraisal for my old trade in ($600-$1000 more than other places) over the phone. I was able to do most of the paperwork over the phone including texting pictures of our licences/insurance paperwork. They were almost unable to deliver the car today but being a holiday weekend, but I really wanted the new car for my family trip. Tracy in financials worked hard and got someone to drive it down 2 1/2 hours to NH today at 515 pm. I met him at my husbands work so we could both sign the paperwork and 15 min later I drove away in my new car and they drove away in my trade-in. They were able to beat USAAs financing rate with no headaches! I also got extended coverage at a great price. I love this dealership and won't go anywhere else in the future. Berlin City really does = easy. I love them and recommend them to anyone!

Awesome car buying experience!

by from Lebanon, NH |

Honda Accord purchase

by from Portland, ME |

Easy process, got a good deal, check out was fairly painless. Looking forward to seeing their construction project get finished - hopefully before I need service.

April 21, 2014

We appreciate hearing from you about your shopping experience. Thanks for deciding that this was the right place for your car purchase. All the best.