Mitchell Subaru

71 Albany Turnpike, Canton, CT 06019

Used 800-795-9458

Great Buying Experience

by from Glastonbury, Ct. |

I am happy to recommend Mitchell Subaru to anyone that is looking to purchase a car. I have purchased a number of cars over the years; and I can honestly say that this was the best experience I have ever had, bar none. My salesman, Mr. Fred Artman was professional - very knowledgeable about the product and quite professional in his approach to the sales experience. I fully expect to be buying more cars from them in the future.

NEW CAR BUYING

by from MERIDEN, CT |

WHEN I WENT TO MITCHELL SUBARU, I FULLY EXPECTED THEM TO BE LIKE ALL THE OTHER CAR DEALERS OUT THERE. MUCH TO MY SURPRISE, I WAS GREETED BY RHONDA (THE GREETER @ FRONT DESK) WITH A SMILE AND SHE ASKED HOW SHE COULD HELP ME? I TOLD HER I HAD AN APPOINTMENT WITH RICH O'LOUGHLIN (SALESMAN). I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH RICH FOR OVER TWO YEARS, WHEN I DECIDED THAT I WAS GOING TO BUY A FORESTER. I HAD FIRST MET RICH AT CENTER SUBARU IN TORRINGTON AND FOLLOWED HIM TO MITCHELL A COUPLE OF YEARS BACK. MY BUYING EXPERIENCE WAS VERY RELAXING AND PROBABLY ONE OF THE BEST BUYING EXPERIENCES OF MY LIFE. RICH HAD SET UP THE CAR THAT I WAS INTERESTED IN AND WAS READY FOR ME TO DO AN EXTENDED TEST DRIVE WITH A NEW 2016 FORESTERING 2.5i TOURING. WE GET INTO THE CAR A GO. WHILE I WAS DRIVING , RICH WAS EXPLANNING ABOUT THE CAR. AFTER WE CLOCKED ON ABOUT 50 MILES, WE GOT BACK TO THE SHOWROOM. THIS IS WHERE MY STOMACH ALWAYS GETS INTO A KNOT. IT TURNS OUT THAT I DID NOT GET THE KNOT THAT I WAS EXPECTING, BUT RATHER, RICH WAS VERY RELAXED WHICH IN TURN MADE ME RELAXED. WE SAT DOWN AND STARTED TALKING ABOUT HOW MUCH I LIKED THE CAR AND WE TALKED ABOUT WHAT THE NUMBERS LOOKED LIKE. AFTER A FEW NEGOTIATIONS, I WAS THE LUCKY MAN OF A BRAND NEW CAR. WE FINALIZED OUR DEAL AND THEN I MET WITH THE MONEY MAN, SPIRO MAVREDAKIS ABOUT WHEN I WANTED TO TAKE DELIVERY. I DECIDED TO PICK UP THE CAR ON FRIDAY, 8/21/2015. MY BUYING EXPERIENCE WAS NOTHING LIKE I'VE HAD IN THE PAST WITH CAR DEALERS. I FEEL LIKE I WAS TREATED WITH RESPECT AND WAS NOT PRESSURED INTO BUYING THIS CAR. I'M PLANNING ON HAVING MY NEW CAR SERVICED AT MITCHELL TOO, AND IF THE SERVICE DEPT. IS ANYTHING LIKE THE SALES DEPT., I EXPECT TO BE A MITCHELL CUSTOMER FOR A LONG, LONG TIME. I CAN'T IMAGINE THAT THE SERVICE DEPT. WOULD BE ANYTHING LESS THAN SALES. I'M THANKFUL THAT I MET RICH A FEW YEARS BACK AND THAT I WAS ABLE TO PURCHASE A CAR FROM HIM TOO. TO ALL OUT THERE, DO NOT PASS MITCHELL SUBARU BY, BUT COME AND TALK TO ANY BODY HERE ABOUT YOUR NEW CAR. YOU'LL BE GALD YOU MADE THE TRIP, I KNOW I AM. THATK YOU RICH, SPIRO AND RHONDA FOR MAKING MY BUYING EXPERIENCE AN UNBELIVABLE ONE. MITCHELL SUBARU IS LUCKY TO HAVE ALL OF YOU HELPING THEM BE THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS.

August 27, 2015

We're humbled by the compliments, and particularly for noting the efforts of the entire team, working together to create a personalized, respectful, and in a sense, 'atypical' shopping experience. We're not trying to change the world here, but we certainly are trying to change the standards for what car buying can -- and should -- be!

Ecellent service and friendly people

by from Connecticut |

I bought my Subaru from Mitchell and was a great experience but all so have my car serviced there and the buying part was painless and easy, Very helpful Sales Staff, but the service department has been so helpful in servicing my car but also answering any questions I might have about my car. I give Mitchell Subaru and their service department high ratings.

August 27, 2015

And we certainly appreciate it, Barbara. Thank you for choosing us among so many options, we intend to earn it every visit!

Easy to shop, no high pressure sales.

by from Bristol, CONNECTICUT |

Easy new car purchase experience, had purchased my previous used vehicle from them as well. Only issue I had was no return phone call from dealer when trying to purchase a extended warranty on another used subaru we own.

August 20, 2015

Thanks for taking our call the moment we realized this message slipped past the finance team, Diane. We greatly value your time and patronage, through both vehicle experiences!

Had a pleasant experience

by from canton , ct. |

Staff is very knowledgeable , helpful and courteous . They did not hesitate to address and accommodate my choices when deciding on the color of the automobile as I was somewhat undecided and were very patient with me, for which I am very grateful The process was a very easy one .

August 19, 2015

We never want to hear that any driver felt "hurried" or pressured into their vehicle decision -- it's a big deal, and a major purchase you'll hopefully be enjoying for years! Wonderful to hear that the sales team was able to help alleviate the pressure, answer questions, and guide you to that perfect Outback.

Customer Service Is Not Lost At Mitchell Sunaru

by from Simsbury, CT |

I have been a customer of the Mitchell Group for well over 20 years. One reason for being a long time customer is the excellent service. Mitchell understands the importance of service and making a committed effort to maintain a long term relationship that's based on mutual trust and respect. That philosophy makes for a successful business and very satisfied customers who keep coming back to purchase new cars and have their cars serviced for many years to come.

August 20, 2015

There's very little we can add to the testament of a loyal driver such as this, except -- thank you. Thank you for your time, your trust, your advocacy, and your patronage. We look forward to decades further of a great business relationship.

Horrible service

by from Canton, CT |

Not happy with the after service they have provided. I will keep it short. 1. 1st oil change - As the old gasket was left during oil change, it resulted in oil leak and I was left with no oil within few weeks. Had to rush to another Subaru dealer to get it fixed. Even a freshman technician wouldn't do this error (According to another Subaru dealer). Incident was documented for evidence that oil leak happened because oil change wasn?t done properly. 2. Massive Wind Noise issue on Legacy 2015 - There are two TSB's to fix the issue. When I went for the first time, it wasn't done properly and issue got much worse. Booked an appointment 2nd time, hoping this time, it will be fixed. I was at the service center before 8 AM i.e. appointment time. Even though appointment was scheduled for 8 AM, till 1 PM they didn't took the car in to fix the issue. I left around 1.00 PM and called them back around 3.30 PM and someone tells me that it wouldn't be done today and someone is working on it and they might need to keep the car. I had mentioned to them beforehand that I am driving out of state on Monday morning. So I went in and then one of the representative tells me that they would need to order the parts. It was clearly mentioned: "Massive wind noise" while scheduling appointment. Subaru had clearly posted 2 TSB's for Legacy 2015. If you don't have parts why schedule an appointment? If you aren't working on it then why tell customers that you would need one more day to fix the issue and then tell to them at the end of the day, oh we don't have parts. Clearly shows incompetence of technical/service department. I was told parts would arrive by Wednesday i.e. within 3-4 days max and then I would receive call back. It's more than 2 weeks and I still haven't received call back from them. I am still waiting for wind noise fix. Since last 8 months, I am driving this noisy car. It?s annoying, really annoying. After service from Mitchel Subaru is zero. (0 to 10 rating with 0 being incompetent in car industry) Sales = 9/10 After service = 0/10 That being said, I hold respect for Rich O. Nice salesman. I hope, he would work for some another dealer and I would definitely buy another car next year from him. You don't lie and play around with your customers and mess up oil changes and services.

July 24, 2015

We're very sorry that your experience with our service department has resulted in this impression. Noting that the first oil change you mention was not done at our dealership, we cannot attest to another garage's work. While we appreciate the compliments given to our sales team, the TSB-related service department concerns are ones that should be taken to a higher position of authority to resolve. The best course of action we can recommend is to contact Subaru of New England -- regional manager Bob Bennett will be more than happy to work with you, and your sales associate Rich can give you his email and/or phone contact at a moment's request, if desired. We hope we can handle these concerns promptly and thoroughly, and see you back in our dealership in the years ahead.

1st Oil Change 6,184 miles

by from Farmington, CT |

Technician AGREED, the VOICE RECOGNITION works intermittently so a NEW RADIO Assembly is being ordered and will be replaced FREE "under warranty"

August 20, 2015

We're fortunate to have a team of thorough and well trained Subaru techs, and a set of service advisors who will always look to apply warranty coverage wherever it can be leveraged to the driver's benefit. Thank you for working with us, Frank!

LORNE D DUBE

by from WEST HARTFORD, CT. |

THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. WAS VERY GOOD IN HANDLING MY VISIT.

August 20, 2015

We appreciate you taking the time to work with us, and furthermore to share your review, Lorne. Enjoy every mile in your latest Outback!

Polite, well informed, helpful

by from Farmington, CT |

Happy to bring my car here for servicing, the service is always quick and the staff goes above and beyond to answer your questions. Great service and clean shop!

August 20, 2015

Thanks for noticing, Theresa. We may be a busy, busy shop, but each client's time is important!