Cargill Chevrolet

23 Livery St, Putnam, CT 06260

New 877-278-7995
Used 866-730-8932
Service 866-411-1663

Cargill Chevrolet - Free Delivery of your new vehicle, with purchase, anywhere in New England!

Leonardo, local guy

by from Danielson Ct |

Bought my car pretty much via email because of my busy life/work schedule. Never got asked to come in to the dealership until a choice was made and agreed to via email. They new my time was important to me and when I went in, I text drove the car and in 30 minutes I was driving my new Impala home. Cannot tell you how amazing these guys and girls are. They truly care. I've brought my car in multiple times to the service department for aftermarket accessories for my car and never once have I had an issue with them. The waits are never great in a service department but they do try to get you out of there in a timely manner or they will give you a ride where ever it is you need to be. Then your car gets dropped off. That's pretty sweet!! Already been recommending them and I already have friends buying from Cargill.

July 29, 2015

YEAH!! we love to hear stories like yours. Leonardo thank you so much for your review and for becoming part of the Cargill family :)

buying a car

by from putnam,ct |

Frank was our salesman and he was great he got the deal done The finance department was good. The got the job done we had a great experience.

July 31, 2015

Thank you Cindy and Keth we are truly happy that you had a great experience.

Attempted to remotely purchase a triuci

by from Groton, ma |

I had located 3 very similar vehicles located at 3 dealerships in three states. Although everyone was pleasant they seemed focused more on getting me to go their dealership versus attempting to remotely sell me the truck.

July 31, 2015

jdn ... Thank you for your review. We certainly do appreciate it and now that we know that we need to work on our process I will make sure we get on it right away. If there is anything that we can help you with please give us a call.

Great place to shop

by from Thompson Ct. |

I love this place They are very efficient and professional I recommend them to everyone.

April 16, 2015

Thank you very much for the kind words Wendy. We really appreciate it :)

Great Service Friendly Atmosphere

by from Webster, MA |

I bought all my cars, trucks, and vans there for many years. I owned my own company and bought all my company and personal vehicles from Cargill.

April 16, 2015

Thank you Kim for staying with us. We appreciate your business and very happy to have you and your company in the Cargill Family :)

A new Truck

by from Thompson, ct |

Got a great deal on a year end Silverado, and they gave me more for my trade than I expected, you can't do much better than that. The salesman, Jon Jackel was a great help.

April 16, 2015

Wow "Long time truck owner" that is awesome to hear. We are happy to have you in the Cargill Family. Enjoy your new truck!

Horrible dealership

by from Middletown ct |

Drove over an hour to meet with a salesman for a 2 p.m. Appointment. I wasn't seen until almost 3 and only because I was jumping up and down on the sales floor. When I was finally attended to they had the wrong truck ready and I had to wait another half hour for the right one to be brought out. After all of that they have me 50dollars less on my trade than 3 other dealers and refused to budge. When I tried haggling prices I was met with a manager and finance manager who could not have been more rude. The salesman wasn't rude but he was extremely unattentive. Don't waste your time with this dealer. They claim low prices but don't seem any lower than what I've seen. Worst dealer in ct

April 16, 2015

Drc ... I honestly apologize for the events that occurred when you were here. That is not how we do business here at Cargill. We would like the opportunity to earn your trust and business again. Please contact me at (860) 928-6591 I am ready to make things right. I look forward to your call or email me at jerre.fillmore@att.com Jerre Fillmore - GM

CARGILL CHEVY IS GREAT

by from BOSTON MA |

FANTASTIC BUYING EXPERIENCE !!!! I LIVE 100 MILES AWAY. THEY BROUGHT THE CAR TO ME - I DROVE IT FOR A COUPLE OF DAY'S = TOOK IT TO MY REPAIR SHOP - THEY BROUGHT IT BACK - FIXED A FEW VERY SMALL ITEMS - I BOUGHT IT - GLENN WAS GREAT - I WILL BUY FROM THEM AGAIN

October 1, 2014

Hi Bostonbill, thank you for your kind words and we are very happy that you had a great experience. We look forward to helping you in future! Anything you need please let us know :)

Recall on HHR, Repair or Buy new Car

by from Mapleville, Rhode Island |

I brought one of two HHR in for the recall, I was treated great and the service was done on time. Three months before the HHR had a problem with the dash lights coming on and going off warning of different engine failure. They said the power steering unit code came up and the unit needed to be changed. We had it changed a cost of about $1000.00 which we paid. So to ask if it could be connect to the recall only makes sense. So when I pick up the HHR I ask if this could have be connected to the recall problem. The service tech was telling me that they really didn't know if it was connected. Then the service Manager join the talk and told us that many people try to get something for nothing during a recall and try to blame everything on the recall. He also told us that GM should put a warning sticker on every car saying you could be kill in it and use it at your on risk. He also added that the people that were killed in the HHR were driving off road and were doing something stupid and was not the key recall problem, was stupid people putting to many keys on the key ring and hitting bumps off road. He made these statement in front of both his workers who were very much surprise on what he was saying. After hearing how myself and other are trying to get something for nothing by asking a question about the service work done on my HHR I felt like a thief and I must be stupid. One of the service reps told me he was having a bad day. I have bought several cars from Cargill in the past and was thinking about buying a new one to replace a older HHR. I might buy a GM car but not from Cargill any more as long as they have this Service manager working for them. If this is what the boss in the service department feels is correct, them how do you know they are even fixing the problem if he doesn't believe there is one. I could not believe how he talk that day and how bad he talk about the recall and GM management. If he would had said to us ,we will look into it for you but can't promise anything I would have be happy. But to hear that everyone is trying to get something for nothing during a recall really got us upset. I will be bringing my GM cars to another dealership and thinking about a Ford in the future because if he believes that a warning sticker should be put on all GM cars saying use at your own risk because you could be killed in one. That is the worst statement I ever hear from a service manager. All this was said in front of other employees and several customers waiting for service. I also try to call The President of Cargill to talk to him three times to talk to him about this service manager, but was told he was out or at a meeting and would call me back. One month later no call back.. I know when they read this they will know right away who we are I'm sure they did not forget the talk that day.

Liars!

by from Webster,MA |

I found a used truck there and went to show it to my wife. She wanted to see what it looked like in person rather than a picture online. I had no intention of buying the truck figuring ur payments would be to high. After speaking with Brian, the numbers were close to what I was looking for. We haggled for about a week and every time I made a new demand or request, they met it. After the week, the numbers matched and we made a deal. I signed the paperwork and took delivery. A few days after I was told there was a problem with the title and they would need the truck back until they straightened it out. But no one could tell me what the problem was. They gave me a loaner and took my new truck. Jerre, the general manager offered to do something for me once I got my truck back. After about a week I got it back. It was missing a quarter tank of fuel and had an extra fifty miles on it so they obviously used it for something. I sent an email to Jerre and left a message but hasn't heard anything. I finally sent an angry email and got a response. Jerre called and apologized and offered and oil change and detail of my truck. The original detailing they did wasn't that good so I asked for something else. I was told I get a call in a couple days and I was positive about it. Here I am over a week later and nothing! While I will admit they sold me a truck that I had no intention of buying, I will never go there again. I would not recommend then to anyone and they cannot keep their word. Typical sleezy car salesmen, promise you one thing with one hand while they're picking your pocket with the other. STAY AWAY!!!!

Poor customer services

by from Providence, RI |

THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVERY!!!! I went there for a test drive, and was going to purchase a used car in a fair condition and fair price. When we try to negotiate the price one of the manager came to talk to me, and had the worst attitude I have ever seen in my past customer service experience. So don't go in there, every one deserves better than that.

September 30, 2014

Dani I want to reach out on behalf of our dealership to apologize for your bad experience with us. That is not how we do business here. I can assure you that we have fixed the issue. Unfortunately these things have to happen so that we can grow as a company and improve. I hope that one day we can get the opportunity to ear your business again. Thank you