Cargill Chevrolet

23 Livery St, Putnam, CT 06260

New 877-278-7995
Used 866-730-8932
Service 866-411-1663

Cargill Chevrolet - Free Delivery of your new vehicle, with purchase, anywhere in New England!

Best ServThe Best Service I have Ever Had!!

by from Worcester, MA |

This is the 7th vehicle I have bought in my lifetime and CARGILL CHEVROLET is the only dealership that I have ever returned to for my next purchase. I have bought a total of 4 vehicles from them and hands down the best experience I have ever had. Based on a mutual respect and no nonsense attitude, makes the experience 10 times better. They would have gotten more stars, but sadly there were not enough stars to choose. They are truly the best dealership, going above and beyond to make the CUSTOMER have a hassle free experience, getting into the vehicle they want and drive away with a smile on their face. Great Job CARGILL and keep it up!!!

CARGILL CHEVY IS GREAT

by from BOSTON MA |

FANTASTIC BUYING EXPERIENCE !!!! I LIVE 100 MILES AWAY. THEY BROUGHT THE CAR TO ME - I DROVE IT FOR A COUPLE OF DAY'S = TOOK IT TO MY REPAIR SHOP - THEY BROUGHT IT BACK - FIXED A FEW VERY SMALL ITEMS - I BOUGHT IT - GLENN WAS GREAT - I WILL BUY FROM THEM AGAIN

Recall on HHR, Repair or Buy new Car

by from Mapleville, Rhode Island |

I brought one of two HHR in for the recall, I was treated great and the service was done on time. Three months before the HHR had a problem with the dash lights coming on and going off warning of different engine failure. They said the power steering unit code came up and the unit needed to be changed. We had it changed a cost of about $1000.00 which we paid. So to ask if it could be connect to the recall only makes sense. So when I pick up the HHR I ask if this could have be connected to the recall problem. The service tech was telling me that they really didn't know if it was connected. Then the service Manager join the talk and told us that many people try to get something for nothing during a recall and try to blame everything on the recall. He also told us that GM should put a warning sticker on every car saying you could be kill in it and use it at your on risk. He also added that the people that were killed in the HHR were driving off road and were doing something stupid and was not the key recall problem, was stupid people putting to many keys on the key ring and hitting bumps off road. He made these statement in front of both his workers who were very much surprise on what he was saying. After hearing how myself and other are trying to get something for nothing by asking a question about the service work done on my HHR I felt like a thief and I must be stupid. One of the service reps told me he was having a bad day. I have bought several cars from Cargill in the past and was thinking about buying a new one to replace a older HHR. I might buy a GM car but not from Cargill any more as long as they have this Service manager working for them. If this is what the boss in the service department feels is correct, them how do you know they are even fixing the problem if he doesn't believe there is one. I could not believe how he talk that day and how bad he talk about the recall and GM management. If he would had said to us ,we will look into it for you but can't promise anything I would have be happy. But to hear that everyone is trying to get something for nothing during a recall really got us upset. I will be bringing my GM cars to another dealership and thinking about a Ford in the future because if he believes that a warning sticker should be put on all GM cars saying use at your own risk because you could be killed in one. That is the worst statement I ever hear from a service manager. All this was said in front of other employees and several customers waiting for service. I also try to call The President of Cargill to talk to him three times to talk to him about this service manager, but was told he was out or at a meeting and would call me back. One month later no call back.. I know when they read this they will know right away who we are I'm sure they did not forget the talk that day.

Liars!

by from Webster,MA |

I found a used truck there and went to show it to my wife. She wanted to see what it looked like in person rather than a picture online. I had no intention of buying the truck figuring ur payments would be to high. After speaking with Brian, the numbers were close to what I was looking for. We haggled for about a week and every time I made a new demand or request, they met it. After the week, the numbers matched and we made a deal. I signed the paperwork and took delivery. A few days after I was told there was a problem with the title and they would need the truck back until they straightened it out. But no one could tell me what the problem was. They gave me a loaner and took my new truck. Jerre, the general manager offered to do something for me once I got my truck back. After about a week I got it back. It was missing a quarter tank of fuel and had an extra fifty miles on it so they obviously used it for something. I sent an email to Jerre and left a message but hasn't heard anything. I finally sent an angry email and got a response. Jerre called and apologized and offered and oil change and detail of my truck. The original detailing they did wasn't that good so I asked for something else. I was told I get a call in a couple days and I was positive about it. Here I am over a week later and nothing! While I will admit they sold me a truck that I had no intention of buying, I will never go there again. I would not recommend then to anyone and they cannot keep their word. Typical sleezy car salesmen, promise you one thing with one hand while they're picking your pocket with the other. STAY AWAY!!!!

Poor customer services

by from Providence, RI |

THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVERY!!!! I went there for a test drive, and was going to purchase a used car in a fair condition and fair price. When we try to negotiate the price one of the manager came to talk to me, and had the worst attitude I have ever seen in my past customer service experience. So don't go in there, every one deserves better than that.

Dont!! Just Don't!!!

by from hartford |

Called into the dealership about a car that was priced really well. Got to the dealership which was it was quite a distance only for them to shuffle around their computers and say the car was sold that morning. They had a car of the same model with less features and much higher price that they tried to sell me later on. I hate to giving bad reviews but be warned.

Cargill needs new management

by from Boston MA |

They misrepresent cars on Cars.com with incorrect data and don't fix it after it is pointed out. Typical desperate dealer activity after you drop them a line here - they respond 3 times - 3 different people - none of them read the thing i wrote which was: "your listing is wrong on this car - wrong model..." I smell typical bait and switch nonsense here.

Look elsewhere for your vehicle purchase....

by from Central, CT |

I saw a couple of vehicles online and drove an hour to test drive and review them. Upon arrival I was told that the vehicles were in high demand at that the owner was pushing for a "bidding war" to see how much they could get for them. This is a typical "sales guy" trick to get you to commit without doing your research. The salesman also mentioned that the owner stated that no more time or money would be invested in either of the cars so they are "as is". If I had not driven so far I would have walked right out at that point. I did take both vehicles for a test drive (2010 Mercedes C300 AWD, and a 2009 Cadillac CTS AWD). Both vehicles had issues right off the bat. The brakes on both vehicles were absolutely horrible...grinding, scraping, and lack of stopping power. Both vehicles had under performing drivetrains as well. It was obvious that the cars had not been very well cared for and/or they had not been inspected in detail. When I asked the salesman about how they recondition their cars he said they do a complete safety review and fix items before the cars are sent out for the sales dept to offer to the public. Obviously this did not happen with these cars and I suspect that they only fix issues pointed out by customers. Even with the issues noted above I decided to submit an offer on the 2009 Cadillac CTS AWD. I provided my contact info and asked that the salesman call me to let me know if my offer was accepted. I received a call from the salesman the next day asking for me to call him. I called twice and left two voicemails for the salesman to call me back. My messages have now gone five days without a return call. After further investigation I uncovered multiple complaints submitted to the BBB regarding this dealership. I have since found a responsive, attentive dealer offering the same 2009 cadillac CTS, inspected, reconditioned as neccessary, and I have purchased the vehicle. My advise would be to look elsewhere for your vehicle. I WAS NOT SATISFIED WITH MY EXPERIENCE AT CARGILL CHEVROLET.

donny do

by from leominster |

Only I csn say this excellent dealer ship I buy may car from ather dealer u never get like this excellent service and I like my sale people frank thank you for helf me to buy the car all thanks next time I buy car I will stop by first this dealer first thsnk you all

new truck buyer

by from Winsted, CT |

Bought a new truck and they slipped into the bill,,as if it were mandatory, a item called VIN Etching. Had they told me it was a option, I would not of paid it. It was presented in the bill of sale as a mandatory item charge for $800. :( I learned and wont be buying there again.

Worst dealership in putnam

by from Putnam, ct |

I was looking for a car for a trip to college. I told the man that came out to talk to me that I was looking for a car under ten grand that has 90k or lower miles. Well..I was going to tell him this before he cut me off and tried showing me all the cars I could finance. He wAs very pushy and didn't take into account anything I was saying. When I told him I wasn't interested in seeing anymore cars he asked for my information so that he could call me about any used cars that come in. I politely told him I wasn't interested but I will keep an eye out on their website and check into it myself. After he found out he went making a commission on me he immediately turned around and walked away. He didn't even shake my hand or say anything to me. He was the rudest salesperson I've ever met. I wish I got his name so I could complain to their manager! I went to putnam ford after cargill a and they were extremely helpful. I strongly encourage anyone to go there instead.