Secor Subaru

Used 888-540-9749
Service 877-468-5497

Worst place ever...service wise

by from Norwich ct |

Brought our subaru to secor to get fixed. Horrible experience. Bill, the service manager, was so inconsiderate. Very rude and mouthy. Had our car for five days and did nothing. Called and said the car was fixed so we came and picked it up thinking everything would be fine. Happily paid the bill and drove the car a half a mile and the same problem happened. Brought the car back an they admitted they couldn't fix the car. So yore telling me we just paid 200 dollars for absolutely nothing? Not acceptable. Not to mention, during the doc days the car was there, they kept saying thy would call and update us. They never did, not once. And anytime we called them they had no new info to tell us. Basically don't ever go here to get your car fixed. Horrible customer service and had to fight to get our money back. If you have a problem call subaru of America. They helped a lot with filing a complaint.

Secor Subaru responded to this review

November 27, 2013

Car was dropped off with a Thursday appointment for a misfire code. Customer knew the car had a cylinder 3 misfire that he wanted us to diagnose. I asked him if there were any modifications to the engine and he said only a down pipe and a cold air intake. It was obvious looking at the car the suspension had been lowered. The suspension was so lowered that we could not get the car on a lift and the axles were hitting on the frame rails, tech felt the car was unsafe to drive. There were no catalytic convertors on the car and the check engine light was not on for the lack of catalytic convertors, engine control module had been modified. Tech noted that there was no underguard on engine which is there to keep road crud, water, etc away from the engine and it's components. Tech found that by moving the primary wire connector on number 3 coil he could make the misfire come and go. It seemed the pins in the connector were bad. Tech also noted they were very corroded more likely than not due to the lack of engine underguard. The connector is not available separately from Subaru so proper repair was to replace the wiring harness which was beyond customer financial means. The technician cleaned the connector, closed the female portion of the pins and test drove the car at which point it ran fine. Technician also mentioned again how unsafe the car was due to axle to frame contact and he was nervous about tearing the front spoiler off because it was so close to the ground. The owner picked the car up and came back later with same complaint. Technician went out in the parking lot and confirmed connector was the problem. I told owner I would refund all but 1 hour diagnosis but without arguing I refunded all of his money. Later the owner's father came into my office and screamed and hollered for 15 minutes because car wasn't fixed. Regarding safety he said car was inspected at State DMV in Wethersfield 2 months prior and "passed with flying colors". This statement is patently untrue because, among other issues, without a catalytic convertor vehicle is not legal for street use. Undoubtedly it was less than a stellar experience for the customer but we were constrained in our desire to make it a stellar experience by the condition of the car and the customer's financial situation. Bill Mortensen Service & Parts Director Secor Subaru

Fantastic experience!

by from North Stonington, CT |

I have never had a better experience buying a car! I always hate buying cars, but not this time. Andy was fantastic to work with, I would recommend him to anyone.

Outstanding customer service

by from New London, CT |

In 2009 we purchased an new Subaru Outback from Secor and worked with Brian Ichter. He was very easy to deal with and got us an excellent price with no pressure. Since then, we've had the car serviced at the Secor Service Dept and I can honestly say that all of the service personnel have been very easy to workl with and always have been very helpful and honest. We've kept the vehicle maintained based on the Subaru guidelines and it still runs extremely well after 120,000 miles. Today, we again worked with Brian and purchased a 2012 Impreza. Brian was very honest and helpful throughout the process and got a fantastic deal for us. He made the whole buying process enjoyable and easy and again with no pressure. He also spent a considerable amount of time today before we took the car, explaining all of the functions of the car and even paired our phones to the Bluetooth. The car had many new features and he took the time to go over them all and answered all of our questions. When we drove out of the lot, we were very comfortable in knowing how everything worked. We will continue to have both of our Subaru's serviced at Secor and would highly recommend both their sales and service.

My new Impreza Sport From Secor Subaru

by from Colchester |

Best dealership experiance I have ever had.Andy did a great job.I got lowest bottom line price with out going back and forth a zillion times .Very easy. More important I love this car.I'm getting a real 31 MPG for around town driving,and 35 MPG on the highway.This is our 14th Subaru.Bill and the service deparment are the best ever,and we should know after 35 years of driving Subarus.Charley Secor should be proud of his company they are simply the best. I recomend them to all my friends,and relatives. Kathy

AWFUL EXPERIENCE-BEWARE

by from Colchester, CT |

If I could give zero stars, I would. Awful experience. Never going back or would ever recommend this place to anyone. Bill was awful to deal with, rude, and inconsiderate. They had my car for a week for an over heating problem and they claimed there was nothing wrong with my car. The day after I got my car back, it over heated on my way home from work (an hour drive) and I was stranded. Bill left me threatening voicemails and hung up on me when I called.

Wonderful service

by from Niantic, CT |

I just bought a '09 Forester Premium at Secor. Carlos was my salesperson and he was wonderful. We took the car out for a test drive. He was very knowledgeable and answered all of my questions and explained the many functions of all the bells and whistles available on the Premium. At no point was he the typically "pushy salesman". When I came back for a second test drive, Carlos was with another client, but managed us both and we went for another very thorough test drive before I made up my mind. Carlos made doing the paperwork easy. I recommend Secor Subaru very highly.