Secor Subaru

Used 888-540-9749
Service 877-468-5497

Always professional...always satisfied

by from Stonington |

I have purchased 3 Outbacks and 1 Forester from Secor over the past 14 years. I have had all of those cars maintained by the Secor service department and I have never been disappointed in any way. I find the staff to be extremely knowledgable, professional and honest. Three of my cars were used and one I bought new. The Secor sales department is excellent as well. I give very high marks to Secor Suburu in all categories.

Very happy customer.

by from New London, CT |

My husband and I just bought our 2015 Subaru Forester at Secor. We worked with both Everette and Dave, and then with Carl at the end of the process. Everyone was wonderful. There was a no-pressure vibe throughout the process which we really appreciated. We had a difficult scenario with our previous car breaking down unexpectedly, thus leaving us upside-down on the loan for that car. Secor worked with us on that as best they could and as quickly as they could, which we also really appreciated. Dave was helpful, available, patient, and not pushy at all. And we love the car so far! We are happy with our choice at Secor and glad we found them!

Informative, simple buying experience.

by from Oakdale, Ct. |

Worked with Mr. Evert Dahlquist. Took a test drive, ordered the model I wanted, picked it up a few days later, enjoy the car.

Excellent, fast service.

by from East Lyme, CT |

The radiator in my 2012 Outback failed. Had the vehicle towed to Secor on Wednesday afternoon. They replaced the radiator assembly (no charge - warrantee) and had my car back to me Friday. Looks like it was washed and vacuumed, too. Service desk staff are very pleasant and responsive, both on the phone and in person. I am very pleased - will certainly buy my next car here.

Great buying experience, again!

by from Norwich |

This is my third Subaru purched from Secor Subaru. Brian Ichter has been the salesman for all three. Brian is low keyed, very knowledgeable about the cars and not overbearing. He guided me through his cars and was very responsive to my requirments. I had gone through Concumers Reports and all options online so I would know just what I wanted. I purchased a 2015 Forester. The sale process was expeditious and professionally done. The car was delivered as promised and at a vey competitive price. I highly recommend Secor Subaru to anyone looking for a Subaru. And I strongly recommend Brian Ichter as the best type of salesman to work with. No games, just value.

Great experience, thank you Secor Subaru!

by from Gales Ferry, CT |

I checked out Secor's website late one night and submitted requests for online quotes for a couple of 2014 Foresters and received responses almost immediately. I got a call the next morning and by 10am I was at the dealer checking the vehicles out. I met with Brian who showed me the vehicles and I put a deposit down. Thank you Secor Subaru, specifically our salesman, Brian Ichter for your patience. While purchasing our vehicle we had a couple other things going on, Brian was very patient and helpful while we jumped through some hurdles before picking up our vehicle. He communicated well and came in on his day off so that we could pick up our new Forester. Thank you Brian & Carl for making this such a great experience! I can't wait to put a few more miles on my new Subaru!

new car experience

by from Salem |

Love driving my new car! I want to thank the staff at Secor Subaru, especially my salesman, Brian Ichter. He made the car buying experience (which I would rather have my teeth drilled) easy and honest. They were upfront in answering every question I had. I got service, a great loan rate, and a great car.

Exceptional sales experience

by from Pawcatuck, CT |

Secor Subaru sales staff are exceptional. From the first step on their lot, there was no pressure and no eager salesperson waiting to pounce on me. They greeted me professionally and offered factual information. My sales associate, Brian, was wonderful to work with. Within 30 minutes of arrival we had a sales agreement signed. As I waited for my car to come in, Brian kept me up to date on the potential delivery dates, eventually delivering well ahead of what I expected. The actual delivery was also completed in a reasonable time (less than 90 minutes). I was very pleased with the entire process.

Personable, Knowledgeable, Friendly Staff

by from East Lyme, CT |

As a retired engineer, I can be a real pain-in-the-a__ when it comes to dealing with salesmen who don't know there product well and pretend to be your friend. I haven't been the market for a new car in over 14 years so I was apprehensive venturing out to look at new cars. I did considerable homework on-line and reviewing Consumer Reports. I decided the make of cars I would be interested in. I chose to look at Subaru, Toyota and VW. All of these cars had good reviews and seemed to keep their high quality over the years. I started my quest at Secor Subaru because it is owned by Charley Secor with whom I had a great relationship with buying 2 SAABs from him in the early 1990's. I was very impressed on how much he new about his cars while being very honest and enthusiastic about SAAB's. Charley has done well and expanded his ownership to include Subaru's. When I walked into the showroom it was like stepping back in time, same building and similar friendly and knowledgeable salesmen. Brian Ichter greeted me and offered to share his extensive knowledge of Subaru's. Brian was just what I was looking for. Low keyed, very knowledgeable about the cars and not ever overbearing. He guided me through his cars and was very responsive to my likes and dislikes with each model. After being very disappointed with the competitions approach to selling their cars I returned to Secor Subaru and purchased a 2014 Outback. The sale process was expeditious and professionally done. The car was delivered as promised and at a vey competitive price. This old crusty retired engineer was pleasantly surprised with the Secor buying experience and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a Subaru. Oh, in closing, Charley Secor happened to be at this facility when I was there and enthusiastically greeted me remembering my name from 20 years ago during the SAAB years. Charley and Brian are good people. Stop by Secor Subaru and I hope your experience will be as good as mine.

Great Buying Experiences

by from New London, CT |

I've bought a number of cars from Secor Subaru. There are few chores in life I loath more than having to buy a car. But Secor has made this as good an experience as I suppose it could be. For the past purchases, Carlos has been our salesman and he has been excellent. He remembers me. He remembers every vehicle he's sold me. He is knowledgeable about the differences between each of the models I own and have owned (the flasher on your '06 was over here, now it's over here). They are open about their pricing and show us the real invoice. They are honest about the profit they need to make -- I don't expect anyone anywhere to sell things at a loss. But I haven't found them to be excessive. The work with you and are flexible. The sell is anything but hard. I've purchased both new and used vehicles and feel I've been treated fairly. Have I walked away thinking I might have got a little better deal? Of course - doesn't everyone? But overall I've been treated fairly and have got a good product. The service department has consistently done a good job, and in the very few instances when there's been a problem, we've been able to resolve matters to my satisfaction. Some Subarus have unusually long windshield wiper blades. I prefer not to pay anyone to change a windshield wiper blade. Not being able to find the correct size elsewhere, I've purchased blades from the parts department (a cumbersome process). On more than one occasion seeing me walk out with the blade one of the service guys will follow me, mention that they can be tricky to install (as indeed they can) and then, without charge, have done the deed for me. It's nice to know that a neighborhood dealer is, indeed a good neighbor.