Girard Nissan

425 Gold Star Hwy, Groton, CT 06340

New 866-981-1510
Used 866-973-1286
Service 877-694-9287

That dealership they warned you about.

by from Groton ct |

Monday 6/22/15 I just happened to be driving by the dealership when I decided to see what they had in stock, I checked online to see what the reviews were, whilst in the parking lot, they seemed ok, so I decided to check the items they had in stock, I noticed an older gentleman walking out the door to approach me, he brought me in to the show room before I even had a chance to look at any vehicles on the lot. He asked what kind of payment I was looking for, I explained what payment I could do, I also told him I would prefer to put $0 down. But could put $500 down if absolutely necessary. Three hours after I gave them the down payment, they stated that they needed $200 more. Flash forward to today 6/26/15 when I went to the dealership to give them back The vehicle because I was refusing to keep it, when I asked him why did you have me sit around for 4 hours the first day was here, the manager told me that "the credit union was not open so they had to wait until the following day." My initial thought was If the credit union wasn't open, how would they have known that they needed another $200 to secure the financing? Before I ever signed to purchase the vehicle on 6/23/15 they let me take the car home, stating that they were going to work on getting a better financing rate, but to get to the point where I was sent home with the car, I waited 4 hours for them to "work on the financing" whilst my 2 children were running a muck through out the dealership, this seemed to be a tactic to stress me out to the point where I would just sign the papers with out reading them just to get out of there, luckily my husband was here to help with the children, but it was undoubtedly a very stressful time indeed. I took the car home 6/22/15 and brought it to the shop to be checked out, the mechanic explained to me that the transmission was slipping it wouldn't shift into a higher gear when driving down the highway and would rev at six grand until the accelerator pedal was released and furthermore the car would also raise the idol on declining ground. When I went back to the dealership the next day6/23/15 my spouse was unable to go with me, which was scary because he is the one who deals with all of the finances in the household, but the men at the dealership insisted that I come back at this time, so I did.. I explained to the people at the dealership that I was not satisfied with the vehicle at all, I told them explicitly that I didn't want the vehicle, I cited the following reasons as to why I didn't want the vehicle, first there was a severe smoke smell in the car, and also explained that my mechanic told me that the transmission isn't working properly, one gentlemen stated that they could do an extended warranty on it, I do not have his name but he was an older gentleman in his 60s with grey hair, he didn't introduce his self but he did offer a warranty to me. I explained that I still didn't want the vehicle, another salesman stated that he would take the vehicle out for a ride to check it out, this man was in his early 30's had a small build. So when he returned from the test drive he confirmed that the idle was odd whilst going down a hill, this man stated that this was "normal" for a cvt transmission. He didn't check it on a highway to witness the lack of shifting. The sales manager explained that he worked really hard to get me the loan, and that I wouldn't have gotten a loan if he didn't do that work, and also explained if I didn't get a car from them I wouldn't get financing. I asked him what kind of interest rate he got and he said, what does it matter! And refused to tell me, "I kept it within the price range you asked for", he made it seem like I owed him for doing that work. I felt backed into a corner at this point. I told the staff that there were vehicles posted for sale online through other dealerships with far lower miles, at the same

July 1, 2015

Angry customer, we are truly sorry to hear that you are so frustrated with our Sales department and disappointed in the vehicle you purchased. Our General Manager Robbie Tasca would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your situation with you further in private, and asks that you call him at (860) 448-0050.

Auto body says car is fixed when it isn't.

by from Groton CT |

They fixed the cosmetics, but not the frame damage. We brought our car in after an accident. In the initial estimate of damages they missed a serious issue: the clearance between the frame and the rear wheels is very different (there is less than a finger-width of clearance on one side and a hand-width on the other). I pointed it out prior to repairs and they wrote it down. They just called us to say everything is fixed and we can pick it up on Monday. We stopped by when the auto body shop wasn't open and inspected the car. The clearance issue definitely is not fixed. We'll see what happens on Monday. At this point, I am not impressed. I shouldn't have to advocate to get them to fix obvious problems. I will follow up when the job is finished.

June 11, 2014

Unfortunately, what mysticguy refers to as "frame damage" is actually a structural difference in how his unibody vehicle is constructed (the clearance 'difference' is due to the catalytic converter being routed closer to one wheel versus the other). In the interest of customer satisfaction, our Collision Center adjuster did escort the reviewer into our shop so that our technician could demonstrate that his vehicle was structurally sound, and repaired as necessary.

by from groton,ct |

I went in to look at a frontier, I am closing on a house so they cant hit my credit until its done. They told me to come back when they can run my credit and wouldnt bother working with me. I then went to nissan of norwich and they worked with me and worked out a deal. As soon as I can I will go back to Nissan of Norwich and pick a Frontier up from them.

May 24, 2014

Matt, we are sorry to hear that your recent experience with us was so unpleasant. Our Sales Team strives to treat each customer like family, and from your review, it sounds like we failed to do so. That said, there are many factors in structuring the best possible deal for our customers, and, unfortunately, not having the ability to factor in financing concerns would be a disservice to all parties involved. Regardless, we truly hope that the closing of your home and subsequent vehicle purchase goes well.

service

by from groton |

i will post my problems after i get my car back but if you ever have to get a nissan fixed you might be safer going to a dodge dealership then you are going to girard nissan in groton they have had my car for over two weeks and have yet to fix anything on it i will say that when we bought this nissan from them years earlier the process was top notch but their service dept was so bad that i will never by another car or use the service dept again they were rude to my wife "and lied to her" and they were rude to me about my wife like i said i will have details and post a more indepth review after i get my car back from them

Don Doyle

by from Groton, Ct |

This was our 2nd Altima purchased from Girard Nissan in the last 2 years. We have been very pleased with both cars and the exceptional service provided by the Sales and Service departments. The Girard website offers a clear picture of the available cars - the current price and what discounts apply. The website also provides useful information about the financing currently available. All prices, discounts and financing being advertised have been met on both the 2012 and 2013 Altima purchased. I would recommend using the Girard website to get an updated picture of car availability, prices and all discounts being offered - and Highly recommend purchasing a car from Girard Nissan!!

I had a great experience the service was good.

by from New London |

My car looks good after the repair. It was ready with in two days. Like they said, service was great they helped me get a rent a car. I have no complaints I'm HAPPY.

October 28, 2013

We're happy that you're happy, Nadine S! Thank you again for choosing us, and we hope to see you again for future service needs!

body shop repair of 2001 Ford Expedition

by from N.Stonington |

Keith Krouch and the team at Girard Nissan body shop did a fantastic job repairing my 2001 Ford Expedition. The paint is a brilliant red which is very difficult to match and they took the extra time to match it correctly - that isn't easy. About 10 years before I had taken it to another dealership in Florida for some repair work and they didn't match the paint correctly and it showed. The folks were friendly and helpful. Thanks to their efforts, the car looks great again.

I have had my 2013 Nissan Altima for a year now.

by from Groton, CT |

Customer service has been excellent this past year with my Altima. Whether I call or visit the dealership they are helpful and friendly. They always accommodate my timeline when I bring in my car for maintenance checkups. Everything they do to my car is explained in detail and I am always very satisfied. The facilities are always clean and the waiting area available if I need to wait for my car.

happy,happy,happy

by from mystic C.T. |

I 'am very satisfied with the service I received while purchasing my used 2010 Murano LE. Out of all the vehicles I looked at and test drove, this was the most comfortable ride I experienced. The staff was very friendly and willing to compromise deals so I was happy with the bottom line. Was also able to get a remote starter out of the deal.

October 17, 2013

Welcome to the Girard Nissan Family, Kevin J.! We hope your new Murano brings you many years of safe and reliable motoring, and we look forward to seeing you again for your first service visit!

Great Sales and Service for my Frontier Crew Cab

by from Ledyard, CT |

I have nothing but good words for this dealership. As we all know, service is the big topic when buying and owning a car. I bought my 2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab from them. The salesman is no longer with the company, but exemplified the above and beyond effort they make to serve customers. After sales, comes service. I really enjoy the people there. I am always greeted with a smile from the sales team. In service, Richard is the guru, and Kevin is on top of things, emailing me confirmation of my recent appointment. I think this may be new communication and I approve. If I have a question on service to be performed or completed service, I am very satisfied with their explanation. My truck has had some extensive engine work, and they tested the vehicle completely to ensure that when I received, it would operate as expected. Truth be told, I stepped on the gas when I got to the street, nothing fell off, and the truck continues to run fine. I count on them to maintain my truck for many more miles. They have made changes by adding a second waiting area up front where large windows flood the area with light. Small changes can make a big impact. This shows that they are really trying to make customers feel at ease.