Colonial Toyota

470 Boston Post Rd, Milford, CT 06460

New 888-465-1598
Used 888-465-0397
Service 877-789-8893

Colonial Toyota would like to "THANK OUR CUSTOMERS" for making us the #1 Toyota DEALER in CONNECTICUT!

Hatim Yousef is AWESOME!!!!!!!

by from Norwalk, CT |

Hatim has got to be the most patient salesperson I have ever met. My fiancÚ had him bending over backwards and Hatim went above and beyond to accommodate our needs! If it weren't for Hatim, we probably wouldn't be in our 3rd lease with Colonial Toyota of Milford. He definitely is an asset to your company. I am in love with my 2014 Camry! I recommend everyone to ask for him - very knowledgable, honest and patient! Thank you Hatim!

Hatim and Colonial Toyota strikes again!!!!

by from Lebanon, ct. |

This is my second review seeing this the second vehicle that I have purchased from Hatim and Colonial Toyota. I was in a Nissan Murano which I had purchased from another dealer. Initially I was satisfied with the vehicle....then it started, transmission, electrical, you name it, it wasn't working. Worst yet I had financed it and had another 3 years to pay for it...in other words, I was "upside down" in the vehicle. Now what can I do? Just for "yucks" I called Hatim, the best salesman I ever dealt with. He went to his unbelievable team of financing and his leadership in sales. When Hatim (and his trusty partner Andy) informed me that they could get me out of my vehicle and into a beautiful 2009 Toyota RAV4 Limited with low miles and the unbelievable warranty that covers it, I was floored!! They got me a great finance rate for my wife and myself and more importantly, they did a fantastic job in minimizing my negative equity in my vehicle!! I live about 60 miles from Colonial Toyota in Milford, but it was worth every inch I drove to get there!! Thanks to the whole dealership, my wife and I got a vehicle that will last us for a long time...for all you people that are just poking around for Toyota dealerships in Ct., this one is a no-brainer...they're the best...

Matt Frattaroli Is the Best Jerry the BEST!

by from Milford, CT |

I had the honor of working with Matt and he took care of me with the best service. I went to the dealer with a picture in my head of what I wanted and Matt delivered everything down to every detail and did it with a smile. I left there grateful and so happy with the purchase of my truck. He made you feel safe and confident while signing paperwork and explained any questioned asked. I would not only buy from Matt again I would recommend him to anyone looking to buy a car new or used. Thanks again Matt!

September 10, 2014

Thank you so much for leaving Matt such a nice message. We love customers who give us feedback. Matt is one of our best sales managers. Thank you so much for not only giving us your business, but Thank you for taking the time to send us such a nice review. Enjoy your new vehicle. Gloria Powers Marketing Director

False Advertising

by from Glastonbury, CT |

We searched Cars.com to find that Colonial Toyota in Milford had the best prices in the state on a Prius model Four. We checked Colonial's website to verify the prices seen on Cars.com and then called to verify that they had the Prius Four in stock for the advertized price. Then we drove 90 minutes one way, and arrived to find that the two Prius Four cars we were looking at, checking stock number and VIN against the add, were actually Prius Three models. The salesman's reply was that it was an honest mistake and that we should have known that they would not sell a Prius Four for that price. He offered to make it up to us by selling us the Prius Three for dealer invoice. He brought out the invoice, and it was $1,000 more than the advertised price on their web site for that car by VIN. When we said no, he crumpled the paper up in front of us and walked away. We bought elsewhere the following day. Colonial still has the Prius Three's mislabelled as Prius Four's on their site two days later.

August 29, 2014

Thank you for pointing out your displeasure with us. I have sent your review to the General Sales Manager so that he can address any issues. We will get back to you shortly.

Bad experience

by from Milford, Ct. |

Initially, good vibes. Then after waiting for more than the time anticipated...first, 6 days, then two plus weeks... for my new car, I was told it would arrive that week. The next day, I received a call from the manager saying the car was not available, so we should think "outside of the box"....meaning I should buy a car without the options I wanted. My sales person called with a similar line. I asked him to let me know what cars they had in inventory or could procure in a short time frame that had the options I wanted. He has not bothered to call me back. I cancelled my down payment on my credit card. Also, be wary of the "managers" who still loom behind every deal. Even though I put my down payment for my car within the time limit for a 1k rebate, as I was walking out the door, my sales person told me the rebate may not be good the next day. What that had to do with that day made no sense. I said no rebate, no deal and heard nothing further. Of course, I heard nothing further about the car that I had hoped to buy either. Stay away. Sweetness and light in their superficial marketing with no substance when it comes to real business.

August 31, 2014

be carefull when buying a used car !!

by from milford, ct |

i bought a used car ( not a toyota ) and i was lyed to right off the start. Salesman didnt know much about the car, which was fine but there was a short list of things that needed to be adressed... i made the mistake of paying before checking to see that the work was done... well , they did nothing... they they said it was being detailed... it wasnt.. the topper was as i pulled out i could see the gas was below a quarter tank, as i was about to get on the highway, the low fuel light comes on.. and... they was only 1 key... cost another 150.00 for another one. i called and the guy said he was sorry.. bottom line...this is the classic bad reputation of a "USED CAR SALESMAN " Have all the car repairs done by them before you pay,or they will lie that all is well and its not,tell them you want this fixed and that fixed... than check to see if it was done.. and if its ok... that make the purchase

Matt Frattaroli is the Guy to See!

by from Shelton, CT |

Today I purchased a Prius C Three. It was a really great experience. I truly appreciated the "No Haggle" approach which puts you into the hands of one person, from beginning to end of the process. Maybe this could be a problem; however, with Matt Frattaroli, the whole process was very smooth. I had a price point that I needed to meet and he worked the system very hard to get me there. I am very happy with the experience, the sales staff and the dealership. For full disclosure, this is the fifth car that we have purchased from Colonial, and their care with the customers and the great cars keeps bringing us back.

Toyata Purchase experience July 2014

by from Shelton |

The purchasing experience at Toyota in Milford was exceptional. The main reason for this, was my sales associate Matt, who I worked with to get the car I was looking for. When making a large purchase such as a car, the sales experience can be long, difficult and sometime stressful. I look for several things when I go to a dealership, including professionalism of the sales individual, knowledge of the product, and their ability to work with you to find the best possible deal on a car you are looking to purchase. Mat made the whole experience run smoothly, making me feel comfortable, and working with me to find the best possible deal on the car I was looking to get. - Matt handled my trade-in, getting me a fair price and making it seamless across the buying experience. - Matt made the entire paperwork process go smoothly, and worked efficiently to make it as simply as possible. - Matt worked with me on getting to a price for the new car which was reasonable, including getting me some options, which I was looking for as part of the overall price of the car. - Matt was professional, and had good knowledge of the car, taking his time to explain the functionality and always keeping me informed throughout the purchasing experience. He also took time to show me the dealership and post sales process of how the servicing center works. At the end of the day, you need to feel good about the car your buying, the salesperson you are buying it from, the dealership that stands behind the sales associate and car your getting, and the transaction you just made for the car. This is ultimately a relationship business, and Matt, through his actions has developed a new good relationship, and won over a new customer.

July 8, 2014

Wow, Thank you so much for such a great review. It takes two, and your patience and kindness is so appreciated by the management staff at Colonial Toyota. Matt was beaming with pride today. What a great person you are!

Good sales service: Andy Constantinou

by from Milford, CT |

The lease on my 2011 Camry XLE was ending within a few months so I decided to visit Colonial Toyota in Milford on the last day of a sales event and was introduced to Andy Constantinou, Sales Manager. He is very knowledgeable and after gathering some background information as to what I might be looking for he was very helpful in locating another car that could work for me. He was patient in providing a longer than usual test drive which helped in deciding to get the new car. Unfortunately, I had some doubts as to whether or not it was the right car for me just before I drove off the lot and it became even more noticeable when I actually drove it off the lot during a late Saturday afternoon. I realized that it was too drastic a change for me to suddenly go from a mid-sized car to a smaller model but thought perhaps I could get used to it. By Sunday afternoon however I realized it would not work and needed to return the new car and get my other car back. I also realized that a dealership "Sales Event" is something that I should not attend since the pressured-type atmosphere tended to make me loose my focus in making the best decision for myself. Looking back, I see that It would have been much better for me if I was able to test the car for at least a whole day so I could get a better idea if it would work. Even going on a regular day would have been a more relaxing experience - for me anyway. Well, I went back to Colonial Toyota on Monday morning and told Andy it wasn't the one I thought was best for me and I wanted my other car. He calmly replied that it should be no problem. The paperwork was going smoothly until I received the news that DMV would not rescind (take back) the registration for the new car because it was past 24 hours that it could be done. I was floored! But Andy immediately got to work in resolving and getting past that issue (after going through alot of "hoops" and many hours later!) to finally get the o.k. from DMV so the transaction could move forward. I was so happy to finally get my previously leased Camry financed and Certified Pre-Owned! He was also great in explaining things as we went along the process. I really appreciated his extra efforts every step of the way (even drove it himself to have it washed!) and in making sure I was happy with my final decision.

July 8, 2014

You are so kind to take the time to write a review for Andy. He is one of our best men, and we love the fact that you think so as well. Your words are very much appreciated. Gloria Powers Marketing Director

Hatim Yousef - YOU ROCK!!

by from Waterbury, CT |

After searching several Toyota Auto Dealers, I was recommended to Colonial Toyota by a friend. That's where I met Hatim. Very knowledgeable, patient and friendly. He made the process of buying my 1914 Toyota Camry pleasurable, which from previous car purchases I had made elsewhere, was quite a surprise. I have been back to the dealer once for a minor adjustment to my car and Hatim was there and no lie, in a matter of 10 minutes I was all taken care of and I was on my way thanks to his courteous service. Thanks Hatim. I won't hesitate to call him anytime I need help because I know that I will get prompt and friendly service. Keep up the good work!

July 8, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. We could not agree with you more. Hatm is one of our best. Remember, it is great customers like you that take the time to write to us, who make it all worth while. We really appreciate it! Gloria Powers Marketing Director

2012 a RAV4 LIMITED

by from MILFORD,CT |

when i brought my Rav4 in for hood shaking was asked if it was in a accident. NOT come on the car only had bearly 10,000 miles on it was second time it was serviced. I brought it back after a month the hood still shaking said nothing they can do. the response i got was some car hoods move ??? REALLY all the cars i a have driven not one ever moved. So i searched the internet about the problem yes there is a problem. i have read all about them. Everyone is waiting for a recall on the latches. one is metal and one is plastic. It is a very bad distraction when you are driving. waiting for the thing to let go. And then there will be a serious LAWSUIT. . i waited for almost 3hrs to get the nothing else we can do. I watched them leaning on it for over a 1/2hr and when i said something they were like oh it is done, i even mentioned to the service guy about that and he said nothing, VERY UNHAPPY RAV4 OWNER

July 8, 2014

I am so sorry you had a bad experience, and I am truly sorry that it has taken so long for me to get back to you. Have you heard back from service? Did they rectify the problem? If not, please email me gpowers@colonialtoyotact.com Thank you, Gloria Powers Marketing