Dan Perkins Subaru

1 Boston Post Rd, Milford, CT 06460

New 888-310-7610
Used 888-654-7833
Service 877-220-1282

Where peace of mind is part of the deal!

Great Experience

by from Seymour, CT |

I recently took delivery of a 2011 STI sedan from Dan Perkins Subaru in Milford CT. My overall experience with the sales department was excellent. I ordered the car back in March and my sales associate Bob Oshrin provided professional service every step of the way, from the time I ordered until the time the car arrived. All my requests were fulfilled and anything that was promised by the dealer was delivered upon. I would buy again from Dan Perkins and would recommend them to anyone thinking of buying a Subaru in southern CT area.

Great Expeience

by from Ansonia, CT |

When we decided it was time to trade in our 2007 Subaru Impreza we shopped around. We ended up at Dan Perkins Subaru and with Tom Montanaro. We had seen a 2014 Tungsten Metallic Legacy the week before we saw Tom. I fell in love with it. When we went to purchase the car, we found out that car had been sold. We talked to Tom. He said he would find one for us. It took a week, but he located one in West Springfiled Mass. After checking a few dealers he went out of his way to locate our car. He made the process of purchasing our new car a pleasure. He went over all the manuals and he sat in the car and showed us all the options. Thank you Tom for all the time you spent with us. We will totally recommend your service to anyone who is looking to buy a car.

I Usually Hate Going to Car Dealers

by from Wilton, CT |

I usually hate buying cars and having to work with car dealers. My experience at Dan Perkins Subaru was very different. Our salesman Mike Capobianco was excellent. He listened very carefully to what we were looking for, showing us only those cars that fit our needs. When we finally settled on a car that seemed to work, we realized quickly it was a little beyond our budget -- even considering the room we all know salesmen have to "deal." Mike went out of his way to make the deal better for us, knowing that he'd have to get it approved by the infamous "Johnny D." Long story short, we made the deal and in the process had a few laughs. In the end, we both felt good about the deal we made. I usually hate buying cars and having to work with car dealers but in this case, it was actually fun. Thank you Mike and Johnny D. You are both gentlemen. Dan Perkins Subaru has some fine people -- I recommend them highly. Check them out -- you won't be sorry!

I Usually Hate Working With Dealers

by from Wilton, CT. |

Buying a used car is usually a chore that I really hate. The experience I had at Dan Perkins Subaru was actually fun and very painless. Our salesman, Mike could not have been easier to work with -- he gave us no pressure at all. We told him what we were looking forward, he showed us numerous options, taking great care not to show us anything that didn't fit our needs. When we finally settled on a car we thought fit the bill, the price tag was a bit over our budget -- even considering the room we knew he had. He went out of his way to work for us -- even taking on the infamous "Johnny D" to help us close the deal. In the process we all had a few laughs and both parties felt that a good deal was made. I usually hate working with car dealers -- Mike and Johnny D were the exceptions. If you need a new car and want to be dealt with in a respectful manner, check out Dan Perkins Subaru and ask for Mike -- you'll wind up with the Mariano Rivera (Johnny D) of car dealing but you won't be disappointed. Good people. Check them out!

Great place to buy a new car!

by from New Haven, CT |

I had decided that it was time to buy a new car, rather than always buying used ones. However, I was very nervous about this major decision. When I checked in, the sales consultant, Tom Montanaro, greeted me with a big smile that made me feel immediately at ease. He asked me why I was there, what exactly I was looking for, and the price I could afford. Honestly, within 10 minutes, probably more like 5, he told me that I was going to drive home with a new vehicle that day (Saturday, March 22, 2014). He had already obtained a finance/payment plan that was within my budget. He was extremely organized with the paperwork. He clearly explained all of the warranties, as this was important to me. When I asked how I was going to get the car that day if the Registry closed at noon, he said that he would take care of the registration! I can honestly say that I was treated like a friend and not as a customer. Being a teacher, I work with students and parents on a daily basis, so I am a good judge of people. When we were talking to Nick about the payment plan and what warranties to purchase, Tom guided me through the steps, so I knew exactly what I was purchasing. Trust me, there was no pressure. I had specifically asked for the warranties! Nick was also very easy to work with, along with the woman who did the registration. I am sorry, but I do not remember her name. I also spoke with Ronan and another man, Paul, I think, who were very kind and courteous. When it came time to go over the dashboard and features within the car, Tom patiently showed me all of the features and set up the Bluetooth for me. Yes, I was more interested in the Bluetooth than looking under the hood. Finally, Tom even pumped the gas for me when I drove over to Stop and Shop to fill up the tank. For all of you, that are tired of self-serve gas, especially with this never ending winter, this was absolutely wonderful. I would recommend Dan Perkins Subaru, but especially Tom Montanaro, to anyone looking to purchase a new (or used vehicle). Believe me, I went into that dealership totally anxious about purchasing a new car, but he put me right at ease. I knew when I was talking with him that I had made the right decision and I really did drive home on Saturday with a new car!

Maybe the Best Used Car Dealership in NY Area

by from Millstone Township, NJ |

I rarely write reviews, but the staff at Dan Perkins went so far above and beyond other dealerships that I felt they deserved a great review. After scouring cars.com for a month looking for a 5-6 year old Dodge Charger with low miles for my son, and finding mostly relatively beat up cars in our price range in New Jersey, I was pleasantly surprised to find this car at the same price, and in excellent condition. Our salesmen Chris went out of his way to send me and my son additional photos showing the few imperfections that this car had, because he knew we were coming from 120 miles away and were looking for a clean car. When we got there, the car was even better than he described it. We showed up 5 minutes before they were closing, and Chris still took his time with us and we didn't feel rushed at all. We drove the car for 5-10 minutes and spent another half an hour or so going over financing options and the final price. We left a small deposit and went back two days later to pick up the car. When we arrived the second time, all of the paperwork was ready to go, and the finance guy, Frank, also took extra time to explain all of the various paperwork, which was also very painless and low pressure compared to what we are used to in New Jersey. There was no hard sell on the extended warranty like other dealerships either, and I rarely purchase third party warranties, but when we were offered a 20% discount on the warranty that made the price affordable enough that it seemed like good piece of mind in case anything major goes wrong. The warranty company does have some bad reviews online, but every one of them that I read seemed to be for parts that were clearly not listed as covered on the contract I was given. Don't purchase this warranty if you expect it to cover windshield wipers,running boards or other accessory parts, and be sure and keep records of the scheduled maintenance because they will not replace an engine if you haven't changed the oil in two years. Plus, it's a Wells Fargo company and some of these reviews are 4-5 years old, so it's not some fly by night outfit like a lot of other warranty companies. Thanks again to Chris, Frank, and the rest of the staff at Dan Perkins for making my son's first car purchase a great experience.

AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE! AMAZING PLACE!

by from Ansonia, CT |

Everyone at this dealership is amazing its like family for everyone that walks through the door! I called in because I had gotten stuck in a deal with another place that worked us over for over 8,000 dollars what the car was worth and Shawn said come on in and we can take a look at it. He looked over everything and was in shock someone could do that to someone and helped us figure out what to do to fix the situation. His advice worked and he did all this not even expecting to sell us a car, just out of good will. So obviously we went to him to have our second chance in buying a car. He was AMAZING he spent all day with us all while attending to his other customers (he is very popular and after you read this you will know why). He worked with us to find a car in our budget (which wasn't an easy task as I was so scared about getting another car and we were only able to afford around 300 a month and have not so great credit). Now if you ever told me I could be getting a brand new car I would probably give you a dirty look for your cruel joke but guess what I GOT IT. BRAND SPANKIN NEW 2014 Baby blue (my favorite color) awd Subaru Impreza! In our budget which was not an easy task to accomplish for poor Nick the amazing finance manager who would not settle till we were in a budget we could handle :-) Shawn even let me test drive the 6 cars I had picked out prior and was completely honest and up front about each one. These people really care about you and care about getting you a car you love at a price you can afford and will put you first. Never will you leave this place feeling swindled (which is coming from past experience). They are truly amazing! Kevin Puzzo was so sweet he remembered me from me coming in prior in tears about the situation I had been in and loves my son Logan (6 months old) and was so nice. We talked while Nick was working his magic and we lucked out because the bank representative was there to get us approved (and no he wasn't a gimic guy lol for the skeptics out there lol he was from wells fargo and extremely nice which is unexpected because I always thought of the banks approval people as mean principle types but I was wrong) they worked so hard and we got our BRAND NEW CAR that smells like a brand new car! They gave us an amazing price on the car (AMAZING PRICE!) and it comes with the lifetime warranty which IS AMAZING all in its own seeing as my jeep had just blown a transmission which is why I needed a car I am in awe of this warranty! Everyone at Dan Perkins is honest, caring, kind hearted and in it to make you happy and see your smile not in it just to make a buck. They care about you and if you have the pleasure of meeting the General Manager Avrom Sevell he is honest, caring, and kind. He truly cares about you having an exceptional experience and wants you to be hap py about your new car. Seriously I could go on and on about how amazing they are (they even have a little popcorn cart and really good coffee and bagels while you wait which may I say I love my starbucks but that coffee was really good! lol). Like I said Shawn and Nick went above and beyond the call of duty to help us and no other dealership would most would tell you sorry cant help you or something along the lines to make you unhappy, but they worked so incredibly hard and made us feel at home and really made us soo so happy! I will only ever go here for any future cars and I will recommend all my friends to go here because places like this are one of a kind and people who care in the business world are like finding a diamond in a coal mine (rare)! This place is the best it truly is and I would like to say thankyou to Everyone who helped us and I could not be more appreciative or grateful for how amazing you all are! I'm still smiling ear to ear :D

Very pleased

by from Shelton ct |

Salesman Gabriel DeMelo was fantastic.He explained in detail all aspects of my new Subaru Forrester,Spent hours with me and my wife in the buying process ( I do admit I ask a lot of questions) Gabe was one of the reasons my wife and I bought the Subaru. Dan Perkins hit a home run with a salesman like Gabe,, Thanks for a great experience

Mike Gallio - GREAT sales rep

by from Milford, CT |

I recently purchased a 2013 Subaru Crosstrek from Mike Gallio and what a great experience it was! This was my first brand new car and Mike made it very easy for me to narrow down my choices based on my wants and needs. He was very knowledgeable about the models he was showing me. When it came time to bring the car home, he made sure I knew how to use everything inside the vehicle. In addition, I brought my parents with me to pick up the car. Mike spent a good 15 or 20 minutes answering all my dad's questions. He was very patient and understanding of our concerns. All in all, I couldn't have asked for a more pleasant experience. If you're going to Dan Perkins, I highly suggest asking for Mike Gallio.

Mike Gallio -- seek out this guy to sell you a car

by from East Hampton, CT |

I had a specific vehicle that I was interested in and was put in touch with Mike Gallio, an exceptional sales rep. I knew exactly what I wanted, and Mike made it happen. No 'give me your keys while I talk to the sales manager,' none of that nonsense. It was my offer, their counteroffer, my final offer, handshake & a done deal. Can't say enough nice things after some of the other guys I've had to work with in the past where I've felt like a target. Not at all with Mike. Thanks again for an exceptional experience. You will be getting all of my future business. PS -- that lifetime powertrain warranty... whoa. That's why I came to Dan Perkins Subaru in the first place.

Perfect in every aspect!!!!!

by from Shelton CT |

Dan Perkins Subaru!! They offer the best, sales experience was great, they work with you in every way. Ok, lets be honest when you get there check out the amount of people there that should tell you something, my first impression was, they must be doing something right. Mike Gallio was my guy, I would not recommend anyone else!!!