Montesi Volkswagen

Used 888-552-8231
Service 888-280-7916

Outstanding Experience

by from Southern,NJ |

Montesi advertised a 2013 Beetle Turbo Convertible with 1,800 miles for a price that was over $1,000 less than comparable cars with 6,000 or 8,000 miles. I researched comparable Beetles across the country and even considered buying a new 2014. A 2014 would have been $9,000 more than the used Beetle and the used Beetle came with a longer warranty. In the end, I felt the price was reasonable so I didn't negotiate on the price. I did require delivery to Southern NJ (over 200 miles) as part of the deal. They agreed to deliver the car to my home for the listed price. I spoke to them on a Monday and they delivered the car on Wednesday with all of the required paperwork. The transaction was flawless. My only apprehension was that I'd be receiving a car I had never driven or seen in person. I've purchased many vehicles but never sight unseen. Fortunately, the vehicle was exactly as advertised. It was flawless and as you may expect for a car with only 1,800 miles on the odometer drove like a new Beetle. Thank you Montesi!.

used car

by from Shelton Ct |

I bought a new SAAB from their certified used cars. Everyone was helpful. They had the car ready for the time I scheduled to see it. It was a very easy buying policy. Everyone at every level was very helpful. We ended up buying the car, and we are very happy.

Not impressed

by from Hartford CT |

I went in to buy a used New Beetle. They had the model and the color that I wanted. I tested the car and liked it. I made them an offer that was about 8% under the asking price. They asked me to justify that offer. I found that strange. Basically that is what I wanted to pay and felt was fair market value. But I played their game and told them about a competing vehicle with 20,000 miles less for $500 less for justification. They proceeded to bad mouth that car and told me untrue thing about it. In addition they pulled out an obsolete NADA sheet to try and justify their price. The cars value in 2012 was ~$2000 more than 2013 but it is now 2013. It is certainly not my problem if they did not buy it right. I reiterated my offer. When they did not budge. I thanked them for their time and walked out. Ultimately they did me a favor. Several days later I found a pristine car with 20,000 more mile and a few years older for 1/3 the price. I paid cash.