AutoNation Honda O'Hare

Used 888-611-4918
Service 877-468-1014

Good Guys at O'Hare Honda-Auto Group

by from oak park, il |

I recently Purchased Beautiful Great condition very low mileage Loaded up, Honda Pilot from Ohare Honda in Des Plaines, Il. I must say I've had a really good overall experience. I got the suv I wanted at a good deal & it didn't take too long. Derrick W. my salesman & Ted were very helpful & Derrick especially has gone out of his way to make sure I'm happy & satisfied. He & the used car manager & general manager have taken care of any & all concerns to help make me a satisfied, happy & now loyal returning customer for my next purchase in 2-3 years. I have referred my co-workers & mother-in law to this dealer for their next vehicle purchase as I do anyone else looking for a dealership that really does put the customer first! I am sold!

Great Experience with John Rubery

by from Elmhurst, IL |

We had a great experience with AutoNation Honda O'Hare. John Rubery sold us a Honda Odyssey and he was very considerate of our time and our needs. He was kind, knowledgable and not pushy or over eager. He provided us with quality customer service that we have rarely found when shopping for vehicles. I highly recommend him and AutoNation Honda O'Hare for anyone looking for a vehicle.

September 17, 2014

Stephanie, we are happy you enjoyed your recent experience at our location! Our goal is for all our customers to enjoy a stress and worry free experience. We're glad we provided this to you. Thanks for the feedback and strong recommendation!

Never again

by from Suburban Chicago |

Had dealt with O'Hare Honda for years and very satisfied. Now new ownership has taken over which has meant entirely new staff. All the excellent techs and service reps have left, or were asked to leave. Not sure about sales staff. New owners micro-manage and have installed cameras in the shop area to keep an eye on service personnel. Appointment for routine oil change took almost 3 hours. I will never go there or recommend it to anyone. Saw similar posting on Facebook so I'm not the only unhappy customer.

August 26, 2014

Hello, we regret that you had a negative experience with AutoNation Honda O'Hare. We understand that an oil change should be a speedy procedure, and apologize for the time it took. We'd like the opportunity to make this up to you, so if you're willing, please contact our General Manager at (847) 297-5700. We hope to hear from you.

Great Experience!

by from Glenview, IL |

John Ruberry was a terrific salesperson to work with, he was conscientious, patient, answered all of my questions, provided me with the history of the vehicle, the car fax report and took the time to let me inspect the vehicle and ask questions, he and the other members of the staff I worked with great. They took time to explain things and helped understand the fees, services, warranties and the amenities on the Honda Accord, definitely a good experience at Honda O'Hare Auto Nation dealership.

Shady Practices

by from Chicago, IL |

I purchased a Honda Pilot on June 24th. I already had a negotiated price through my bank. I also was receiving financing trough the bank. This should have been a quick process right? Nope. I was told over and over just 30 more minutes. I traded in a vehicle. They said that they would have to send that money to my bank since my bank "overpaid" A month and an half later, my bank has not received the check for my trade in. I called and the took my name down. 4 hours later I had not heard back. I called again. The gentleman said can your spell your name again I cannot find it. Find what, my name? He said yes. I spelled it for him adn he said that is why, I wrote it down wrong. He investigated and told me that Amanda said the check went out on August 7. That is 1 1/2 months after I purchased the car. What the heck is with that. I question if the check even went out or were they hoping I would not know and keep the money for themselves. Waiting to speak to the GM on this.

August 23, 2014

Hi Paula, while we wish your experience at AutoNation Honda O'Hare had been more positive, we thank you for sharing your honest comments. If you would be willing, our General Manager would love to talk directly with you to rectify these issues. You can contact our GM at (847) 297-5700 -- we hope to hear from you soon.

O'Hare Honda great for buying a car

by from Chicago, IL |

Bought my 2010 Civic Si new from them in 2010. It was a great experience, without pressure, and they bargained on the price very fairly. I've gotten all of the service, oil changes, etc., done here as well. Since changing hands to AutoNation they are not quite as personal or as friendly, but still a good place to get service. They recently stopped the DriveSure service, which was roadside assistance for breakdowns and flat tires. This will make me reconsider oil changes there, because they are more expensive at AutoNation Honda O'Hare than at other places. The service technicians are always helpful and friendly. Despite dropping the DriveSure service, I will still recommend them to others. My last service tech, Bret Steinhaus, was friendly, intelligent, funny and accommodating. He knows what he is doing, but was very honest and did not make false promises. This is a very good combination of attributes in a service associate. He should make service manager sometime shortly, which will be a good thing for customers. Along those lines, this is a GREAT place to buy a car and a good place to get it serviced.

Great Service AutoNation Honda O'Hare

by from Illinois |

Few days ago I bought a new 2014 Honda Odyssey from AutoNation in Des Plaines. My first visit to AutoNation was about two weeks prior to actual pick up and I have to say that Dennis the sales representative made a great first impression when it comes to service and how to take care off a customer. I went to probably 4 or 5 other Honda dealers and have to say that AutoNation really cares about their customers. From the very beginning Dennis was very friendly and was there to help me in buying a car that?s right for my family, I have to say that I wasn?t the easiest customer cause I probably changed my mind a dozen times between the different models of the odyssey, but Dennis was very patient and was there to make sure that when I leave, I leave with a car that I?m happy with. I did have to wait few days for the Odyssey that my wife and I really wanted but it was worthwhile and Dennis was great when it comes to follow up and kept us informed through out the entire process. Once the vehicle arrived at the dealership he called me to let me know that the car is ready for pick up and when I got there the car was already waiting for me and everything was prepared to make the transaction as smooth as possible. So thank Dennis and all that helped at AutoNation for getting me a great deal on a car that my family and I really enjoy. So, if you are in the market for a car I?m sure Dennis at AutoNation will go the extra mile to get you great deal on a car you really want with great customer service.

August 23, 2014

We are ecstatic with your strong recommendation of our location, Robert. We sincerely thank you for your business and hope to continue serving you for many years to come!

Most excellent car buying experience!

by from Elk Grove Village, IL |

I highly recommend AutoNation Honda to anyone looking to buy a car. I had the best buying experience possible there. I walked in knowing what I wanted, and no one ever pushed me towards anything I didn't want. I was nervous about buying a car since I don't have the best of credit, but after working with Mary in sales, and Jeff in financing, I was completely put at ease. They worked tirelessly to make sure I was able to get a car, and it didn't cost an arm and a leg up front. I'll be forever grateful to them for helping me get my first new car ever, and helping me get a second chance with my credit. As soon as I walked in, they were immensely helpful and explained everything clearly along the way. It was an emotional experience as well, since I was trading in a car that belonged to my late father and I, and they made it easier. Since I had poor credit, it took a bit to find financing, but they kept me informed every step of the way. The company they found for me for financing ended up giving me an amazing deal. I was open to whatever they could do for me, and they ended up securing financing for the straight purchase of the Honda Civic I chose, at a great rate and great monthly payment. It was honestly even better than I had hoped to get walking in. I'll definitely make a point to go back when the time comes for another car, and I've already passed out business cards to my friends looking for a new vehicle. I don't even have the words to describe what a wonderful experience it was.

Not going here again...EVER.

by from Northwest Indiana |

I recently purchased a Honda Civic from here (for my daughter) for about 35 minutes. I got a decent deal and decided to buy the car outright. I forgot my checkbook, but put a down payment on my credit card for them to hold it. I work out of town, so sent my wife and daughter in with a check to go pay and pick up the vehicle a couple days later. About 35 minutes down the road, the service engine soon light came on. They immediately returned the vehicle to the dealer. They told my wife it was a $250 part, but they'd fix it for free. Wow, how generous of them! My wife is no dummy and we had an OBD scanner in our vehicle. She checked it before returning it and it was a $15 part. She wasn't there to deal with this kind of issue and just asked for her money back, so I could deal with it when home. Multiple people pulled "sales tactics" to try and get her to keep the vehicle. She had to repeat the story multiple times. She put her foot down and they finally stopped the pressure. She was literally there for over 5 hours and all she was supposed to do was drop off a check and pick up a car. When she asked for the check back, they said it already left the building and they'd mail me a refund. A week after this ordeal we went on vacation and when I came back, there was still no check in the mail (two weeks later). So, I called them on a Thursday, they told me the check was sent out two days prior, on Tuesday. 4 days later (Monday), I get a call that they DIDN'T mail the check but it was ready to be mailed. So, they lied when I called on Thursday. Unreal. I have a gut feeling that the mechanics cleared the service engine soon light, hoping it wouldn't come on for a few days, so I'd be stuck with the repairs. There wasn't one person there I had dealt with that seemed honest. I felt like I was at Joes Used Car Emporium on any street corner USA. Very unprofessional, dishonest and untrustworthy. I would NEVER purchase a vehicle from this place.

August 5, 2014

Thank you for leaving your feedback about your experience with AutoNation Honda O'Hare and bringing these issues to our attention. We take every review seriously and work tirelessly in providing great service and value to our customers. If you are willing, please call our General Manager directly at (847) 297-5700 for further assistance with moving forward. Thank you for leaving your feedback, and we hope to hear from you in the future.

Happy with my Honda Civic

by from Des Plaines, IL |

Erik was a very nice and helpful. He walked us through the information on the Civic and was very knowledgeable of the Honda's. He also helped with paring my husbands phone with our CRV we had purchased in 2012. Erik went above and beyond the call of duty I feel, he did an outstanding job in making this customer happy!

Great Experience

by from Elmhurst IL |

I had a fantastic experience when I recently purchased a 2015 Honda Fit from Autonation O'Hare. My sales team included Theodore Wala, John Azpura, Gina Digiacomo, and Jeff Fleming. They were friendly, genuine, and experienced. The overall process was as painless as car buying gets. I left feeling very pleased with my purchase. Thank you Autonation O'hare!

July 8, 2014

Thank you for your kind words and review. It is our goal for all our staff to provide a positive customer experience and we're glad you are satisfied. Happy motoring!