Center Subaru

(3.1) 9 Reviews

516 Winsted Rd, Torrington, CT 06790

Treated right

by from Waterbury ct |

Drove in at 6 and drove out in a new car at 8. Havering bad credit everywhere I went I felt like a third class citizen. When I walked into center I meet Ray he took his time to ask what I was looking for in a new car not how much I could afford. With no money down everywhere I went I was told I needed money down. Ray did it got me into a used car with payment I could afford. Can't say enought Center Subaru and Ray are great.

New Car Purchase - 2015 Subaru Outback

by from New Hartford, CT |

We had the pleasure of purchasing our fourth Outback from Center. There is a great salesman who has helped us with the last two purchases. If you need a new Outback, look up Tracy Breen. Thanks again Center for helping us with the purchase.

Stay away, far away

by from Torrington, ct |

I went there to look at used cars. I'm the type of person that likes to look at a few types of vehicles . The rude salesman huffed about showing me more then two cars. When I said I wanted a certain monthly payment he looked at me like I was crazy and said , why don't you just lease a car. Uh, no. I asked them to call me back about a certain car, they never did. I went to the subaru dealership in canton and promptly bought from there. Reviews don't lie!

Center Subaru responded to this review

August 28, 2014

We encourage the author of this review to contact us so we may seek a positive, mutually agreeable resolution. Center Subaru Customer Satisfaction Team

Worst car buying experience I have ever had

by from Waterbury, CT |

"What can I do to get you in a car today?" is a direct quote from the sales person. Ever since I purchased my car I wish I had walked out as soon as I heard that. Here are the things that made this my worst car buying experience to date: 1. The salesman kept trying to push me into a more expensive car. 2. When we were trying to negotiate they only gave me the price in monthly payments, not what I was actually paying for the car. The first monthly payment they came back to me with would have had me paying MORE for the car than the sticker price (although I didn't realize this until later). I ended up "talking them down" almost $100 in the monthly payment so I thought I was getting a great deal and I bought it. When I actually signed the loan paperwork it was less than $2000 off the price of a $30k car. I have regretted not asking them to see the price of the car instead of the monthly payment ever since. 3. The salesman had to call me at least 4 or 5 times with additional questions for the bank - questions that I should have been asked for in advance, nothing out of the ordinary. 4. When I picked up the car it was missing 4 add-ons. I had to bring my brand new car back in 1 1/2 weeks later to get them added on. 5. I was never informed that they may not pay off my trade-in right away. So even though I gave them my old car, I got charged for a car payment on it almost 2 weeks later. I do not keep money in that bank account except when I have a car payment coming up so it overdrew my bank account. 6. When I brought my car in to get the 4 items added they gave me a loaner car with the gas light on. I didn't realize it until I was a mile away. 7. I met with the sales manager, Myles, to discuss my terrible experience and he told me I was being "irrational" for wanting to get my old car back. I was extremely unhappy with my purchase, I felt like I had paid too much (but didn't realize it until it was too late), and the paperwork had not yet gone through at the DMV or my bank. I know for a fact that other dealerships do this (not all - but definitely the ones who pride themselves on service). In summary, this is the worst car dealership I have ever dealt with. I purchased my last Subaru at Van Bortel Subaru in Victor, NY and had THE BEST car buying experience. I was so proud to own a car from that dealership. I never once felt like I was being pushed into something. I will be driving to New York this summer to trade my car in for a Van Bortel Subaru.

So much better than Colonial and Mid-Hudson

by from New Fairfield, CT |

I recently bought my Subaru Crosstrek from Center Subaru and was extremely happy with them. I had actually gone to a few other dealers beforehand and was on the verge of giving up on my dream of a brand new Subaru. I went to Danbury and got the impression they felt like they were selling Luxury Cars and couldn't be bothered unless you had a down payment in your hand when you walked in. I walked out of there with the idea of not even going with Subaru after that experience, however, I decided I would give Mid-Hudson Subaru a shot as I had heard good things. My experience there was much better as the salesman was friendly and courteous, however, they really didn't do much for me in terms of negotiating and I felt like I was being taken for a second ride. I had called around and came in contact with Bob (Marozzi) from Center Subaru. He asked me to come in and take a look at a Crosstrek. When their Crosstrek sold, he called me immediately to let me know not to make the hour drive up there if I was expecting a test drive. From that point on, I knew he had my best interests at heart. When I finally went up to talk with Bob, he was extremely polite and a mild mannered guy. He definitely took care of me and talked to me about all of the options, when certain vehicles would be available and what kind of prices and discounts would be available. He treated me like anyone looking to make such a large investment would want to be treated. He took care of me and really did whatever he could to make sure I was happy and felt comfortable with a sale. He was not pushy at all, just willing to work. He even made a 45 minute drive to my wife's work to get her signature on some paper work so she could be on the title as well. After talking to his sales manager, Miles, they were able to get me an incredible deal with as many rebates as possible. I was also shocked at how they went out of their way to get me my car in the color I wanted. When I had asked Mid-Hudson for my specific car, they told me I would have to wait 4 to 8 weeks, Miles and Bob worked it so I would be in my model, with a few additional perks, in just a few days! They have been extremely kind and considerate every time I have been in there since. Bob has even called me several times now just to check in and see how I am liking the ride. He really is the nicest salesperson I have ever dealt with and just an all-around good guy. Should I purchase a Subaru in the future, I will only need to make one stop at Center Subaru.

So much better than Colonial and Mid-Hudson

by from New Fairfield, CT |

I recently bought my Subaru Crosstrek from Center Subaru and was extremely happy with them. I had actually gone to a few other dealers beforehand and was on the verge of giving up on my dream of a brand new Subaru. I went to Danbury and got the impression they felt like they were selling Luxury Cars and couldn?t be bothered unless you had a down payment in your hand when you walked in. I walked out of there with the idea of not even going with Subaru after that experience, however, I decided I would give Mid-Hudson Subaru a shot as I had heard good things. My experience there was much better as the salesman was friendly and courteous, however, they really didn?t do much for me in terms of negotiating and I felt like I was being taken for a second ride. I had called around and came in contact with Bob (Marozzi) from Center Subaru. He asked me to come in and take a look at a Crosstrek. When their Crosstrek sold, he called me immediately to let me know not to make the hour drive up there if I was expecting a test drive. From that point on, I knew he had my best interests at heart. When I finally went up to talk with Bob, he was extremely polite and a mild mannered guy. He definitely took care of me and talked to me about all of the options, when certain vehicles would be available and what kind of prices and discounts would be available. He treated me like anyone looking to make such a large investment would want to be treated. He took care of me and really did whatever he could to make sure I was happy and felt comfortable with a sale. He was not pushy at all, just willing to work. He even made a 45 minute drive to my wife?s work to get her signature on some paper work so she could be on the title as well. After talking to his sales manager, Miles, they were able to get me an incredible deal with as many rebates as possible. I was also shocked at how they went out of their way to get me my car in the color I wanted. When I had asked Mid-Hudson for my specific car, they told me I would have to wait 4 to 8 weeks, Miles and Bob worked it so I would be in my model, with a few additional perks, in just a few days! They have been extremely kind and considerate every time I have been in there since. Bob has even called me several times now just to check in and see how I am liking the ride. He really is the nicest salesperson I have ever dealt with and just an all-around good guy. Should I purchase a Subaru in the future, I will only need to make one stop at Center Subaru.

Do not buy a car from Center Subaru in Torrington,

by from Granby, Ct |

I leased a new 2010 Legacy in Ocotber 2009 from Center. After the salesman did a sweet job of good old home boy talk, I never heard from him again. A few months back I received a notice from the Ct DMV that I owed another years registration fee of $45.00 due to the car being classified for business use. The car is not used for business and more importantly my salesman from Center did not return my call for days and then said" just pay it and we will give you credit the next time you have your car serviced in Torrington". I have my car serviced at Mitchell in Canton due to the distance from Granby to Torrington. I then called the sales Manager and he basically blew me off. Bottom line: Terrible post sales follow-up and more importantly when I needed Center's help with both the DMV and Chase Subaru they dropped the ball and could have cared less about my problem. Oh, one more thing the DMV stated I had to pay the fee because I leased the car from Chase Subaru and that's why they classified the auto for business use. The fee covers the time period from Oct, 2012 to Oct 2013. THE CARS LEASE EXPIRES OCTOBER, 2012! Great PR job over a $45.00 fee.

Review update

by from Manchester, CT |

I am writing g this review to update our initial experience with this dealership. I had purchased a low mileage 2006 Outback in what looked to be excellent condition. As time passed the car went back several times for repairs, front brakes, a scraping noise from the front end on sharp turns, and most importantly a foul odor in the car. Throughout this process our salesman always remained cool collected and very personable. The odor continued to return after each of the three cleanings. The last involved replacing the carpet and cleaning the floor where a spill of some sort had settled. Again the odor returned. Since having a kidney transplant I have to be extremely careful of mold mildew and other bacteria. So after further discussion, the sales manager agreed to take the car back and exchange it for another. We finally agreed on a 2010 Legacy Premium which my wife now drives and likes very much. I, in turn, have inherited her 2007 Outback and we are both happy now. I believe that our experience is a rare one revolving around a car that should have been wholesaled from the start rather than sold. We saw many customers at this dealership that appeared to be like family so, I believe that we were the exception the rule and, in the end they made everything right. Would I recommend this dealership? Yes but, as with any used car at any dealership, check it over thoroughly.

Started out great but ended poorly

by from Manchester, CT |

12-29-2011 we purchased a 2006 Subaru Outback with just under 19,500 miles along with an extended warrantee. The car was cleaned and detailed and looked great on delivery. Soon afterwards we found that the car needed front brake pads as they were worn to less than 10%. We had the work done locally and when I called the salesman to discus the fact that the rear brakes had been done on the car but, not the front. He didn't want to hear about it, stating the brakes were inspected and found to be perfectly good at 35%. He sent the shop paper over to me, showing what had been done on the car, to prove his point. The paperwork called for a complete front and rear brake replacement along with rotors. The front was never done. Apparently he never read the paperwork he sent. I called the salesman back but he was not available so I spoke with one of the sales managers, Andy. He immediately made an appointment for the car and said bring it over as soon as possible which I did. He also stated, "We stand behind our cars". At the same time I discovered that the passenger tire was rubbing on something under the car when I made a sharp turn. There was also a foul smell developing in the car after the smell of the cleaners subsided. Andy had the car for a week and addressed all the issues. We had to take the car back a second time for the small and And had a loaner car ready for us when we arrived. Long story short, Andy worked to make the car right. He had the carpets replaced and the service department found something had been spilled in the car which created a strong and obnoxious odor. My feeling is that Andy and the service department went out of their way to make the car right and I appreciate their efforts. None else that we dealt with in sales or financing seem to want to be bothered with our problems. Oh, we paid cash for the car! We had planned on trading our 2007 Outback, (high mileage), in on a new Subaru and originally thought we would go through Center Subaru but, after all is said and done we will definitely not go back to there again. Andy seems to have left and none else seems to care. Not that it makes any difference, but, they lost a second sale over this.