Center Subaru

(3.8) 5.0 14 Reviews

516 Winsted Rd, Torrington, CT 06790

Review update

by from Manchester, CT |

I am writing g this review to update our initial experience with this dealership. I had purchased a low mileage 2006 Outback in what looked to be excellent condition. As time passed the car went back several times for repairs, front brakes, a scraping noise from the front end on sharp turns, and most importantly a foul odor in the car. Throughout this process our salesman always remained cool collected and very personable. The odor continued to return after each of the three cleanings. The last involved replacing the carpet and cleaning the floor where a spill of some sort had settled. Again the odor returned. Since having a kidney transplant I have to be extremely careful of mold mildew and other bacteria. So after further discussion, the sales manager agreed to take the car back and exchange it for another. We finally agreed on a 2010 Legacy Premium which my wife now drives and likes very much. I, in turn, have inherited her 2007 Outback and we are both happy now. I believe that our experience is a rare one revolving around a car that should have been wholesaled from the start rather than sold. We saw many customers at this dealership that appeared to be like family so, I believe that we were the exception the rule and, in the end they made everything right. Would I recommend this dealership? Yes but, as with any used car at any dealership, check it over thoroughly.

NEW CAR

by from TORRINGTON, CT |

I WAS VERY PLEASED WITH THE PROCESS IN BUYING A NEW CAR.

relaxed and no pressure

by from Litchfield,CT |

This vehicle purchase was non stress with no games that some dealers play.

THE BEST car buying EXPERIENCE ever

by from Mid-Hudson Valley, NY |

Why Center Subaru? We'll share the reasons why we drove almost two hours each way to purchase a vehicle with them and why buyers, male or female, near or far, can shop with confidence at Center Subaru. My wife and I have had our fair share of vehicle purchases, and this vehicle purchase was THE best car buying and dealership experience we have ever had! From the very prompt reply to our internet inquiry, and direct answers to our questions, right through the delivery of our new car. My wife had me shopping for a very specific XV Crosstrek with a 5 speed manual transmission. There are few of them on dealer lots anywhere, and many of the ones in dealer inventory were already spoken for. Without any high pressure sales tactics, Center Subaru earned our trust and confidence. Knowing we were several hours away and we had a trade, they provided a contingent trade value. Contingent upon it being everything we said it was. Their trade value was very fair! They listened to what we wanted in a new XV Crosstrek and heard us. We were confident they would find the XV Crosstrek we wanted, so we gave a deposit over the phone. As expected, a very short time later our Crosstrek was located and secured for us. With our odd schedules plus some other obligations, we were unclear on how quickly we'd be able to take delivery. They were super accommodating and there was absolutely no pressure. Everything was done at our convenience. We made the necessary arrangements and scheduled delivery for the following weekend. We were given the appointment time we had requested, and they were waiting for us upon our arrival. Our salesman, David, was as courteous and professional in person as he was on the phone and via email. We were given a thorough tour of their impressive dealership, including their super clean and climate controlled service facility. The trade inspection was conducted without issue, and the contingent value provided was honored. The whole process from start to finish was pleasant to say the least. We couldn't be happier! Because of the high level of satisfaction we have, we will be sharing our awesome experience and referring anyone we know looking to purchase a new Subaru or a quality pre-owned vehicle to Center Subaru. Upon arrival at the dealership, we saw our new Crosstrek proudly displayed out in front. It was shiny and spotless, prepped and ready for delivery. From the very beginning of our contact with the dealership, it was made clear the vehicle being traded was my wife's vehicle and the Crosstrek being purchased was for my wife. Our salesman and the finance manager addressed her directly, and treated her with respect from introduction through end of deal. Please don't misunderstand, we were both treated with respect, but having been blatantly ignored during previous vehicle purchases at other dealerships, my wife took note of their thoughtful attention. Our salesman took his time, saw to it every detail of the experience was perfect. He spent as much time as we needed going over the features of our new XV Crosstrek in such detail it was easy and we left with no questions. He absolutely knows his product and it shows! Center Subaru through their outstanding employees...Amy Ouimette, David Robinson and Kit Nan, offered exemplary customer service, displayed the highest standards of professionalism, and delivered a quality vehicle. The bar has been raised at Center Subaru, and all dealerships should aspire to emulate the outstanding service we experienced first hand. We couldn't be happier with our experience. Center Subaru as a company, Amy Ouimette (in the Business Development Center), David Robinson (in Sales) and Kit Nan (in the Finance Office) should all be proud of themselves for a job well done! It was evident to us, this was just business as usual for them, and what a great business it is! When you do things right all the time, it shows! Thank you Center Subaru!

SUPER DEALERSHIP, SUPER CUSTOMER SERVICE

by from Winsted,CT |

We have been to alot of dealerships over the years and we have bought the last 3 cars from Center Subaru. The sales people, finance people, manager are very supportive of each other . We have also had our cars serviced there and have always been satisfied. As customers, we have been very comfortible and happy with our dealings with Center Subaru and the coffe is great too ! ! ! All the employees go the extra mile.

Sales review

by from Litchfield, CT 06759 |

We were very pleased with the service and advice given from Frank J. Marchion when we recently purchased a 2016 Subaru Outback. He was very professional, knowledgable and kept us up to date regarding our order for a new car.

Treated right

by from Waterbury ct |

Drove in at 6 and drove out in a new car at 8. Havering bad credit everywhere I went I felt like a third class citizen. When I walked into center I meet Ray he took his time to ask what I was looking for in a new car not how much I could afford. With no money down everywhere I went I was told I needed money down. Ray did it got me into a used car with payment I could afford. Can't say enought Center Subaru and Ray are great.

New Car Purchase - 2015 Subaru Outback

by from New Hartford, CT |

We had the pleasure of purchasing our fourth Outback from Center. There is a great salesman who has helped us with the last two purchases. If you need a new Outback, look up Tracy Breen. Thanks again Center for helping us with the purchase.

Stay away, far away

by from Torrington, ct |

I went there to look at used cars. I'm the type of person that likes to look at a few types of vehicles . The rude salesman huffed about showing me more then two cars. When I said I wanted a certain monthly payment he looked at me like I was crazy and said , why don't you just lease a car. Uh, no. I asked them to call me back about a certain car, they never did. I went to the subaru dealership in canton and promptly bought from there. Reviews don't lie!

Center Subaru responded to this review

August 28, 2014

We encourage the author of this review to contact us so we may seek a positive, mutually agreeable resolution. Center Subaru Customer Satisfaction Team

Worst car buying experience I have ever had

by from Waterbury, CT |

"What can I do to get you in a car today?" is a direct quote from the sales person. Ever since I purchased my car I wish I had walked out as soon as I heard that. Here are the things that made this my worst car buying experience to date: 1. The salesman kept trying to push me into a more expensive car. 2. When we were trying to negotiate they only gave me the price in monthly payments, not what I was actually paying for the car. The first monthly payment they came back to me with would have had me paying MORE for the car than the sticker price (although I didn't realize this until later). I ended up "talking them down" almost $100 in the monthly payment so I thought I was getting a great deal and I bought it. When I actually signed the loan paperwork it was less than $2000 off the price of a $30k car. I have regretted not asking them to see the price of the car instead of the monthly payment ever since. 3. The salesman had to call me at least 4 or 5 times with additional questions for the bank - questions that I should have been asked for in advance, nothing out of the ordinary. 4. When I picked up the car it was missing 4 add-ons. I had to bring my brand new car back in 1 1/2 weeks later to get them added on. 5. I was never informed that they may not pay off my trade-in right away. So even though I gave them my old car, I got charged for a car payment on it almost 2 weeks later. I do not keep money in that bank account except when I have a car payment coming up so it overdrew my bank account. 6. When I brought my car in to get the 4 items added they gave me a loaner car with the gas light on. I didn't realize it until I was a mile away. 7. I met with the sales manager, Myles, to discuss my terrible experience and he told me I was being "irrational" for wanting to get my old car back. I was extremely unhappy with my purchase, I felt like I had paid too much (but didn't realize it until it was too late), and the paperwork had not yet gone through at the DMV or my bank. I know for a fact that other dealerships do this (not all - but definitely the ones who pride themselves on service). In summary, this is the worst car dealership I have ever dealt with. I purchased my last Subaru at Van Bortel Subaru in Victor, NY and had THE BEST car buying experience. I was so proud to own a car from that dealership. I never once felt like I was being pushed into something. I will be driving to New York this summer to trade my car in for a Van Bortel Subaru.