H & L Chevrolet

Service 888-255-1495

Family Owned and Operated Since 1955

08 Chevy Suburban

by from New Rochelle NY |

I saw this vehicle on Autotrader and gave the dealership a call. The gentleman that answered the phone turned out to be the used car sales manager. He provided me with all the info that I needed about the vehicle and I ended up purchasing it. All of the people that I came in contact with at this dealership were pleasant and very knowledgeable. The daelership had very clean and well maintained used vehicles as well as many beautiful new ones. I would highly recommend this dealership for anyone looking for a new or used vehicle.

Great service department but thats about it

by from Stamford, CT |

I bought my Tahoo from a different dealership but used H&L Chevrolet for 3 years for all of my service needs. Their service department is adequate and their service people are actually very knowledgable and polite. However when it was time to return my leased vehicle this dealership fell way short in a number of ways. First I had to leave messages for 2 weeks for "Walter" who apparently OWNS the dealership. Never heard back from him about a time to bring my car in for end of lease. Left numerous messages for him and his employee actually left a handwritten note for him to call me back because my lease was ending in 48hrs and I needed to hand the car in. The guy (remember the owner) never called me back. Finally I bring the car in and tell them I need to hand the car in. They won't accept the car for turn in at end of lease because I didn't lease it from them. They then tell me if I was to lease another car from them that they would accept my old car otherwise I couldn't return it to them. I explained that I serviced it with them for 3 years and gave them all of my business otherwise and was told too bad we will not take back a car that wasn't leased from us. That message was coming from the owner of the place not some low level employee. So my experience with them was not a good one and they will never get any of my business again.

Easiest Car Purchase Ever!

by from Ct. |

I purchased a used vehicle from this dealer. I can't review the physical dealership since I live about an hour away. When I emailed them the general sales manager Bill Guilbeault contacted me. He noticed that I lived in the next town over from where he lived. He brought the vehicle one night so my husband and I could see it. Noticed on the way down that there was a slight shimmy in the front, diagnosed it as just a wheel balancing and brought it back down after fixing it so we could seal the transaction! Nicest guy ever.