H & L Chevrolet

New 888-267-5119
Used 888-288-0289
Service 888-255-1495

Family Owned and Operated Since 1955

Car buying in an almost perfect world...

by from New York , NY |

I have been researching to purchase a used Trailblazer SS for about four months. I visited several dealerships and been looking a various websites. Most of the dealerships were not honest or gave me the bait and switch routine. One day I saw a classified ad for a 2009 SS for sale without any pictures available at that time. I called this dealership and one of their salesman name Peter picked up my call and answered my inquires on the vehicle. Peter was a gentleman and seem very straight forward with providing the info and helping schedule a viewing the next day. The vehicle was advertised exactly as when I inspected it. At no point did I felt pressure or treated like a second class passenger on a flight. The dealership was very clean and professional, yet has the small town feel when you sit inside the dealership. The only negative thing I can say was the negotiating process for a better price was a lil frustrating cause I am not a good negotiator, but i guess that depends on each individual. And besides the used SS was kept in great shape, so the price was a little higher compare to other Trailblazer SUVs. After we closed on the deal, I returned a few days later and Peter picked me up from the train station since I was traveling from NYC to pick up my new purchased. To my surprised, the dealership even spend about $800 to change all the breaks, washed it, complete fluid changes and full inspection before they felt comfortable to released the vehicle to me. They informed me that safety is a priority in regards to their customers. I was very impressed at the care and attention they provided me. I never thought I would ever write a review, or even a good review for a car dealership, but I figure after three months of problem free driving and many great compliments on my vehicle, Peter and the good people at H & L Chevrolet deserve a positive feedback. Give them a chance and ask for Peter if you see a vehicle they have because this is a dealership that flys well below the radar. Thanks again Peter!

H&l service saved my vacation

by from Norwalk ct |

Are things more expensive just because your in Darien? Not at H&L Chevrolet. I had been servicing my Silverado at a local garage and thought I was saving $. When my garage couldn't take me in as an emergency I turned to the dealer. They not only took me in immediately and gave me a free loaner to use, they were cheaper than what my local garage quoted me. Everyone in service is accommodating and understanding. H&L service saved my family vacation. Since then I purchased a brand new pick up truck from the good people in Darien.

Great service department but thats about it

by from Stamford, CT |

I bought my Tahoo from a different dealership but used H&L Chevrolet for 3 years for all of my service needs. Their service department is adequate and their service people are actually very knowledgable and polite. However when it was time to return my leased vehicle this dealership fell way short in a number of ways. First I had to leave messages for 2 weeks for "Walter" who apparently OWNS the dealership. Never heard back from him about a time to bring my car in for end of lease. Left numerous messages for him and his employee actually left a handwritten note for him to call me back because my lease was ending in 48hrs and I needed to hand the car in. The guy (remember the owner) never called me back. Finally I bring the car in and tell them I need to hand the car in. They won't accept the car for turn in at end of lease because I didn't lease it from them. They then tell me if I was to lease another car from them that they would accept my old car otherwise I couldn't return it to them. I explained that I serviced it with them for 3 years and gave them all of my business otherwise and was told too bad we will not take back a car that wasn't leased from us. That message was coming from the owner of the place not some low level employee. So my experience with them was not a good one and they will never get any of my business again.

08 Chevy Suburban

by from New Rochelle NY |

I saw this vehicle on Autotrader and gave the dealership a call. The gentleman that answered the phone turned out to be the used car sales manager. He provided me with all the info that I needed about the vehicle and I ended up purchasing it. All of the people that I came in contact with at this dealership were pleasant and very knowledgeable. The daelership had very clean and well maintained used vehicles as well as many beautiful new ones. I would highly recommend this dealership for anyone looking for a new or used vehicle.

Easiest Car Purchase Ever!

by from Ct. |

I purchased a used vehicle from this dealer. I can't review the physical dealership since I live about an hour away. When I emailed them the general sales manager Bill Guilbeault contacted me. He noticed that I lived in the next town over from where he lived. He brought the vehicle one night so my husband and I could see it. Noticed on the way down that there was a slight shimmy in the front, diagnosed it as just a wheel balancing and brought it back down after fixing it so we could seal the transaction! Nicest guy ever.