Karl Chevrolet

261 Elm St, New Canaan, CT 06840

New 877-659-7928
Used 877-646-4639
Service 866-611-6051

Honesty. Integrity. Service. Trust. Since 1927.

The very best!!

by from New Canaan, CT |

I've purchased several vehicles from Karl Chevrolet. Always pleasant and open. Steve Karl, whom I've dealt with, is simply the best! You won't be disappointed.

January 15, 2015

Thanks for your kind words! We take customer service very seriously and are proud of our reputation - thanks for taking the time to notice!

Fantastic Service

by from Madison, SD |

We have had our 2004 Chevrolet Duramax 2500 HD truck to Karl Chevrolet for service twice. Both times we were treated exceptionally well. We are full time Rver's, meaning we live in our Motor home full time and travel around the country. We are not from this area. The second time we brought our truck in to have some scheduled work done and told the Service Representative, Toby Weisbrot, that we were getting knocking from the motor. He suggested that we have that checked out before starting the other work. The mechanic, Matthew James, diagnosed the problem as contaminated fuel. We realized this was caused by a fuel station in New Jersey putting in gasoline instead of diesel. We were not aware of this until Matthew point it out to us and we checked our receipts. Matt suggested to Toby that we consider contacting our insurance company to see if the work might be covered under our policy. We are very thankful for the suggestion as the work was covered almost completely. Karl Chevrolet went far beyond what could have been expected and highly recommend them!

Nightmare on Elm Street !

by from Stamford CT |

Purchased a new Camaro ZL1 convertible in late April of 2013 and the car is amazing. The experience of Karl Chevrolet, however, was not. Once the down payment was made, the dealership was nowhere to be found, the sales woman, Beth Karl, with whom I worked with was not knowledgeable about the car and gave me untrue information regarding features on the car. On 2 occasions when I was asking for some options to be included, Beth Karl told me not to get the because they were ?ghetto?. I had a few questions to be answered after the down-payment was made; my emails and calls to her went unanswered. I waited days for a response but to no avail, I finally had to speak to another sales person to get any sort of response which was just as frustrating. I threatened to cancel my car order on 2 occasions and both times they finally acted like they cared. It?s been 17 months since I purchased the Camaro ZL1 Convertible and have had to bring the car in for repair 4 times due to the Tire Pressure Monitor System, Karl Chevrolet replaced my left rear tire in August of 2013 and since that tire replacement ,the problem with the TPMS has continued with the tire that was replaced. On Karl Chevrolet's last attempt to fix the tire,I was told by the service manager, Jay Bradley, that they ?think? my radar detector is causing the TPMS problem; and if it happens again with the radar detector, they will not fix it. To quote Jay Bradley ?possibility of electrical interference from a radar detector or Wi-Fi is a very real possibility? . I do not want ?very real possibilities? when there is something wrong with my car that is still under warranty, I want facts. Karl Chevrolet has demonstrated to be unknowledgeable in the cars that they sell and also unable to repair them.

February 10, 2015

Patrick, I know that both Jay Bradley, our Service Director, and I have spoken to you in the past about your concerns and we are happy to do so again at any time. Your last service visit with us was on 9/2/2014. I want to personally apologize that you have not found our service to meet your expectations or our own high standards. I am the first to admit we are not perfect; but I also know that everyone on our team seeks to quickly resolve any issue or problem as soon as we are made aware of it. I understand your frustration over an intermittent issue with your left rear tire pressure monitor. We have replaced the TPM sensor twice, and we have been in direct contact with GM Engineers on two other occasions, replacing the TPM Wiring Harness at their suggestion. On your last service visit, 9/2/2014, we were unable to duplicate your concern after extensive diagnostics. We passed along the suggested feedback provided to us by GM's technical assistance staff based on their findings on other vehicles. Again, Jay or I are happy to discuss further if you are still experiencing a problem. Sincerely, Leo Karl III President

An out-of-state purchaser

by from Canton, MI |

Karl Chevrolet is a small "footprint" in New Canaan, CT but exercises a very efficient operation. I traveled from Michigan to examine and subsequently purchase a 2011 Corvette. I had searched the internet sites for about a year to find the vehicle with the mechanical, color, and accessory package that I wanted. Following a couple of emailings and telephone conversations, arrangements were made for me to see the car. The purchase was made and I drove the car back to my home in MI. This is not my first interstate vehicle purchase. Dealing with Karl Chevrolet was thorough and expeditious. A buyer from another state should not have any trepidation in purchasing from this excellent dealership.

May 15, 2014

David - thank you for your kind words. We really appreciate your business and we're glad we were able to make your purchase experience a hassle-free and smooth one. Having been around since 1927, we have a tradition of simply 'doing the right thing' for our customers. At the end of the day, customer service is not rocket science..... its just treating customers like you would hope to be treated.

Great experience.....excellent service

by from New haven ct |

I called and spoke to Rob. He told me about a Tahoe they had just gotten in. When I arrived he had the vehicle ready for me to see and drive. It was exactly as he described.....maybe even better. Rob was very helpful and knowledgeable. They got all the paperwork done while we waited. We drove home with our new Tahoe. A really great experience with super nice people. Everyone at Karl Chevrolet was very friendly and helpful. Thank you.

March 28, 2014

Gus, thanks for your kind words. Thank you for your business. We know you will really enjoy your beautiful Tahoe Z71. Best, Rob Ferarro and Leo Karl III Your friends at Karl Chevrolet

TERRIBLE!! I could not get any help!

by from Texas |

I sent several emails inquiring about a car. Once, I received a generic email back stating: hi we have received your email thank you for your inquiry etc. The next day I get an email asking if it's okay to call; I reply with a yes, and no one calls me. The next day I email back again stating I would really like to buy this car, another day passes before someone finally calls me and asks what kind of information do I need. I tell the man and he says it will take a day to get the info but he would call me back, this was a week ago and still no call.

February 9, 2014

Chris, I am very sorry we initially let you down. No excuses for not responding quickly to your inquiry as we typically do. Between being shorthanded AND dealing with a lot of snow this winter, we did get backed up. I am glad we were able to connect and help get you behind the wheel of that beautiful 2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ you were looking at. I know we are in the midst of arranging shipping to Texas for you. I thank you for your business and look forward to hearing how much you are enjoying your Tahoe. Leo Karl III President Karl Chevrolet lkarl@karldirect.com

Always Excellent

by from Greenwich, CT |

My family and I have bought and serviced many vehicles from Karl. This family owned dealership always takes great care of our needs - Steve and Rob in sales are top notch professionals. The great thing about this dealership is service - they have an excellent service staff in New Canaan where we live, and a very convenient service center in Greenwich near my work. Bob is awesome - so personable and knowledgable. I like the fact that you deal with one person in sales for everything - other dealers seem to make you go through everything multiple times with multiple people and each one of them is usually trying to sell you something. I've never felt that way at Karl - they honestly want to help you make the right decisions based on your needs. My wife has had multiple Suburbans from them, we've gotten my kids really nice used cars there, and I've purchased many vehicles for my business - including my latest favorite - a Chevy Volt. This car is the BEST i've ever driven - really remarkable technology and a tremendous car! I'm at 178 miles per gallon so far in over 7,000 miles!