VIP Honda

(4.0) 5.0 34 Reviews

700 Us Highway 22, North Plainfield, NJ 07060

Wonderful service from caring, helpful people.

by from Union, NJ |

My 22 year old car had finally died, and I was not used to shopping for or paying for a new car. We went to several dealers and spent many weeks this summer being intelligent consumers. I found the car shopping process tedious, confusing and bizarre, but when we finally landed at VIP Honda, it was a relief. Janet Ghazouani, our main Sales Representative there, was courteous, caring and not pushy. All in all, if we were just choosing a car on that alone, that is where we would have bought. In addition to that we got a much better price than at other Honda Dealers we had gone to. THUMBS UP for Janet and VIP Honda.

Ramon Rosario is the man

by from Sugar Land, TX |

All the folks at VIP Honda were great. The price was compelling enough for us to come from out of State. We called several dealerships in different parts of the country and no one followed up or answered all our question once they found out we were not local. At VIP the experience was completely different we had the good fortune to deal with Ramon Rosario, even by phone he was able to finalize the transaction expeditiously. Flew to NJ from TX, Ramon was at the airport to pick us up on his day off, stayed with us throughout the transaction and afterwards even led us to our hotel. The service is outstanding enough for us to do it again. Look forward to dealing with Ramon in the future

It doesn't get any worse than this

by from New Jersey |

I drove 2 hours to get to this dealership after seeing an amazing price online and checking the availability via phone. The price was legitimate, however that was the only positive thing about my experience. This day-long experience dragged out because the salesman Ramon couldn't actually find the cars we were looking for. We drove all around 2 separate lots (each on either side of the highway) with the salesperson Ramon holding the key out the window and pressing the alarm button, while hoping to hear the alarm go off. This lasted for quite some time until we found the car with a hand written note in the window that said "sold. money in the house." As it turns out, it was not even close to sold and we ended up with the car. I wanted to pay cash, but Ramon nicely asked that we finance part of the car so he "looks good to his boss." I agreed and filled out the financial paperwork and the numbers checked out. Once I was moved to the finance department across the street I waited for 30 minutes before meeting with John. There was all of a sudden an extra $2,200 added to the cost of the car on all the paperwork. When I asked about this, I was met with responses such as "oh don't worry, it's included in the price" and "it's just part of the monthly payment." After explaining that it was EXTRA and an OPTIONAL warranty, I declined it. I watched in shock as John redid the paperwork in the computer and watched him manually change my interest rate from 4.5% to 5.15% as a response to me declining the $2,200 charge. At this point, I was so tired of dealing with these people, I just signed and left. Let's not forget the fact that Ramon couldn't find the second key to the car after searching for it for over an hour. He "gave me his word" that he would either find the key or give my a credit to get a new one. Now my temporary tag has expired and no one there can help me about getting my registration and plates. They just keep forwarding me to mailboxes that no one responses to. And Ramon has not returned any of my messages about the key. This stressful experience is not worth the deal!!!!

Kind and patient staff

by from Rahway |

Luis offered us great service when we went there to get a used SUV. We originally went there to see a Pilot since we are starting a family and we travel a lot.. So we wanted a good-size car. The car we saw online was already sold out. Luis showed a CR-V instead that was perfectly detailed and in a great shape. He let us test drive the car and offered a great price on it. Unfortunately, I, the wife ;) decided to pull out of the deal at the last minute because I felt that we really needed a bigger car and it was a kind of a rash decision we made based on the look and the state of the car and the good price we were offered. Although he spent hours with us and we pulled out at the last moment literally right before signing the contract, Luis had such great patience and was kind about it. He said he really wants us to feel satisfied with the purchase. They so deserve a great review for the quality of the product and the service they offered. Oh and the owner Mr. Vince came to us and chatted with us. He was a handsome, charming, and young ;) gentleman. Just when you go see a car, make sure you research profusely and know clearly what you want. Otherwise, you may end up making a rash decision you might regret later.

Worst Customer Service Ever, VIP Honda N. Plfd.

by from South Plainfield, NJ |

To Whom it May Concern, Just passing this along since I got no response from Adam himself nor did the owner return my call. I will be sure to post this on every website I possibly can. Enjoy. 11/21/14 ? I wanted to share my horrible experience with the team at VIP Honda in North Plainfield. Their leasing department team is very unprofessional and extremely rude. I dealt with David Otero and Adam Kuczynski. David handled the actual return of the vehicle in which he told us to come and that he'd wait for us the night we were arriving late; come to find out he was locking up and leaving when we arrived. He rushed us thru inspection, took my original paperwork, said he'd mail us copies of paperwork and never did and assured us a manager would call us if they had any issues with inspection. We continued to get a bill for excessive mileage and when I called to discuss this matter with the General Mgr, Adam Kuczynski tonight 11/20/14, he was very defensive, rude on the phone, cut me off when I was speaking, accused me of lying and was very sarcastic and in the end hung up on me mid conversation after asking me if "I was done yet"???? I can not believe the level of unprofessionalism these two individuals possessed. I will never ever buy another Honda again and will certainly be sure to share this experience with everyone I know. Stay away from VIP Honda in N. Plfd!!!

Not A Fan

by from Piscataway, NJ |

So, I received an email stating that I was eligible to upgrade my car for similar pricing. I decided to walk in and get a quote to see what my payments would be and mostly to figure out what the email was saying. I felt a little pressured to make split decisions then and there. When I had stated that "I was only there for a quote," I kind of felt like she was too pushy and wanted me to do more than what I came for. Not to mention, she asked me more than 3 times as to why I came in today ( with an attitude) and I continuously told her I wanted to JUST GET A QUOTE! After that I sensed more of an attitude and I greatly did not appreciate that! After paying this car off, I will not be purchasing from this dealer ever again. Also, I do not suggest that anyone buy a vehicle from here as well.

Bad Dealership

by from Union, NJ |

VIP Honda send us a price through their website but when we got there, they played the game like they were going to honor the price of the car they confirmed available minutes before our going there. Even after reneging on their internet price by about a thousand dollars saying it was a mistake, we came to an verbal deal higher than the internet quote with the salessman who had to have a front desk mgr approved it . Minutes later , salesman walked to the backoffice and again reneged on our verbal deal simply saying the backoffice manager turned down the deal. We totally wasted 2 hours or so with that horrible dealership. I had owned many cars, this was the first time in my car buying experience where a salesman shake on a verbal agreement after obtaining approval & the dealer boss reneged. Blessing in disguise for us that we do not have to deal with this sleazy dealership again.

Inter not quote

by from Westfield, NJ |

Wouldn't honor their internet quote. They said the person didn't know what they were doing.

Very plesant experience.

by from West Haven, CT |

My experience with VIP Honda left me feeling confident that I chose the right car at the right dealer. I was treated with respect and I was very comfortable when I was there. The salesman (Nelson) was knowledgeable, friendly and even picked me up at the train station. Although the manager was not very flexible when negotiating the price I still got a good deal.

Excellent customer service and pricing at VIP

by from Piscataway, NJ |

I just bought a mini van and after looking around several Honda dealers in the tri-state area, I finally walked into VIP Honda. The first time me and my wife went in there, they gave me a great deal on what I wanted to buy but I thought I could find better and walked out. After a couple of weeks in the market, I realized that VIP Honda was the best. Their people, their process and their price - cannot beat them. My sales person was a really nice and friendly gentleman by the name of Roman Alpin. He welcomed us into the showroom and gave us all the information that we needed to make our decision. Very kind and understanding man. In addition to car negotiation, he would also indulge in small personal talk about family values, his own life etc. Very refreshing, especially cause no one does it these days. Very friendly family atmosphere. I would definitely recommend Roman to any prospective buyer that walks into this showroom. The sales manager on duty was Vanco Eftimov - a tough negotiator. I had no issues with him. Seemed like a very straightforward and sincere person. If he was negotiating with me hard, that is because it is his job. Dealerships have to make a profit just like everyone else, in order to stay in business. He gave me a good deal and I am not just speculating. I know from shopping around a lot that I got a good deal and I have Vanco to thank also. Juan Saldivar was the finance guy/business manager - again no issues. He seemed like a nice person, just like everyone else there. If people don't need add-on charges during the buying process they have to be wary. For example, dealerships will try to sell you their extended warranty and if you don't want it, make sure you keep your eyes open and decline it. Such things usually sneak in during the loan paperwork so please watch out. I wouldn't blame the dealership if they want to sell you something. They are not trying to rip you off - they are trying to make their money and if you don't want them to make it off of you, please be careful. Now comes the best part - I just interacted with Adam Kuczynski [The General Manager] about 3 hours ago [Tuesday]. He was simply awesome - extremely professional guy and very helpful. Here's why - On Monday, I bought my van and drove it home while my wife drove our older car back. It was dark by the time I parked my van in my driveway. I left it there because I was not planning on driving it until Thursday [because of personal reasons]. Me and my wife had to go somewhere and we left the new car on my driveway and drove off in the old car. When we came back in some time [45 or more minutes later] I pulled up behind the van and my headlights shone on a big ding on the left hand side of the van! Needless to say, this was a big shock. I just made the second biggest purchase in my life and I see a huge dent on it. I had no clue how it happened - was it in the dealership during the detailing, did I not check properly before I drove off, or did it happen on my driveway, caused by some vandal? It definitely did not happen on my way back. I would've known if someone rear-ended me. Unfortunately I will never know. The next day I drove into the dealership and since Roman and Vanco were off duty, I was introduced to Adam. Like a good leader does, he immediately took charge, walked to the van to check out the damage, called his guys if they knew something and after confirmation that no one had seen anything unusual, he said he would take care of it for me. I was blown away by his professionalism and demeanor. He gave me the benefit of doubt and said that he was not interested in fault finding or blame game - since I was a customer and I just drove away the car a day before, he said he would get it fixed at no cost...all out of goodwill. Thank you VIP Honda family - you really made me feel like a VIP! I wish you more success in your business.