Pauly Toyota/Scion

1035 S. Rt 31, Crystal Lake, IL 60014

Used 815-459-7100

Very disatisfied

by from Fox river grove, il |

Went with Toyota because of reputation of quality that just goes and goes and the warranty that came with the vehicle. I came in for a routine oil change and was told the water pump was leaking and the repair would be $500+, I stated I was pretty sure it was covered under my 7 yr 100000mi warranty, but was told no. The service guy said it wasn't leaking badly yet bit should be addressed. I went home read thru my paperwork and found the info that it was covered. I returned to Paully Toyota and showed them my book stating this info. They agreed THEN it was covered. They kept the car to repair and called the next day to be picked up. The next morning there was coolant leaking from car so I returned to dealer to check it out. They brought out a small chewed up hose and said that was leaking and that hoses were not covered under warranty.... I said the hose looks like someone used a pliers to pull it off its barb as the outside is chewed up, he disagreed. This water pump wasn't even dripping and now he's saying this chewed up hose was the problem all along. I own a service company, if I ran my business this way I would be out of business. I just wasn't what I pay for, no more, no less. This will be my last trip ever to Paully Toyota. Kelly j Mcmenamy Fox river grove il.

Pauly Toyota/Scion responded to this review

November 7, 2014

Mr. McMenamy we are very sorry you have made this decision. I have reviewed your comments with my staff and feel there may be reason to reconsider your decision and I hope you will. 1st the lube advisor who originally advised you of the leaking water pump and that it was possibly not covered by your extended warranty was wrong. As Gerrard stated when you returned. But in his behalf when you check our national database Toyota shows your 7/100000 mile extended warranty was canceled. It does show you have a used car certified warranty (which covers much less) still in effect. This warranty covered your water pump. As for the leaking hose I have questioned the Technician and his team leader and at no time did either state the hose was not damaged by the technician, both admitted when seeing the hose that the leak was caused by the tech when He removed it during the water pump replacement.I am dissappointed the leak was not detected before you picked up your vehicle. Both the Technician and Team leader have been consouled on that matter. I personally apolagize for that error. When I questioned Gerrard he did admit that he was not aware that it was tech error, but he also stated He did not pursue it as much as He could have because He advised you from the very beginning that no matter what the cause We would not charge you for the repair. which We did not. We view customer service very seriously and customer satisfaction very seriously. Im sorry in this case you did not recognise Gerrards willingness to do the right thing no matter who was at fault. I hope you will reconsider your decision we would like to remain your dealer of choice. Tim Hargrove.

customer service was mediocre

by from Peoria, Il |

I had previously purchased a used corolla S from this dealer so when I decided to enter the market I thought why not go back to this dealership, after all my first buying experience was pretty good. I inquired about a vehicle online and even filled out their credit app. I figured I would get a call from them in a timely manner, nope... I waited two days, finally I had to call them, after I received credit from a local credit union. When I called I began to discuss the vehicle and tried to set up a deal, I live 3 hours away and was willing to travel to give them my business. I was told "don't get your hopes up" by The gentleman I spoke with (Charles) told me he would call me the next day and let me know what we can put together, no call again, I called the dealership and was told they would not negotiate, they would not work with me whatsoever, I had money and was willing to buy had they given me any reasonable consideration. But they apparently don't like money or customers that do their research and know fair market values. They also have zero value placed on customer loyalty. Overall I felt like I was treatef as a burden to the sales team rather than a valued customer. My demands were not unreasonable they simply chose to loose a customer for years to come. Im 26, think of all my future business they lost. Oh well I found a local dealership that worked with me and got me into a great car a year newer and with 10k less miles for less than Pauly. I rarely write reviews but this dealership has no business ethics or general business strategy other than deceive the misinformed buyer. I am aware my first buying experience was a fluke and I will not buy from this dealer ever again.

Big Waste of Time

by from Plainfield, IL |

I live over an hour away from this dealer, so negotiated a price over the web. After driving 1.5 hrs. to pick up my new Prius V five, I found that the car was not a Prius V five, as advertised, but a model two. Was given some lame story about a computer error. Excuse was so bad it was laughable. Hate it when car salesmen insult your intelligence. Really a bad experience. Don't waste your time

They turned bad for service

by from LAKE IN THE HILLS, IL |

I always brought my 2011 Tundra into Pauley for service since I bought it there. The time before my last time of bringing it there, the mechanic failed to put 4 screws back on my skid plate. So, when I brought it back for another service call, they said the screws were missing and it would be $80 to replace them. I said they were the last ones to work on it last, so they lost the screws. They should have to pay for them. They refused to pay. They said it would be difficult to put the skid plat on without the screws. I said "the idiot that lost the screws apparently didn't have a problem putting the plate back on". They put the skid plate back on and I was on my way without the screws. I complained to corporate and they didn't care. I love my Tundra, but doubt I would ever buy another when corporate doesn't even care. I'm using my real name because I want Toyota to know they just lost a customer..... This was the 2nd Tundra I bought new.....

No hassle purchase, low pressure

by from Algonquin, IL |

Dealt with Jeff Balcer and got a fair deal. He took time to answer all my questions and patiently explain differences between models. Gave me a tour of the dealership and introduced staff members. Jeff even spotted a snow covered road where I could test the car's winter handling. Low pressure environment. No hassle sales process.

Fine Customer/Sales Service

by from Oak Park, IL |

Recently purchased a new vehicle from Pauly. This was my first experience with them. Largely handled the transaction online with Charles Walker. Charles was helpful, knew the product and made the buying experience a pleasure. He is a very nice guy to work with and anyone considering purchasing a vehicle from this dealership would be wise to contact him directly. You will not be disappointed! Good job Charles!

Horrible customer service/follow up

by from chicago |

Called them last week and inquired about a vehicle and informed them of my credit and applied for financing. I believe Paul informed me he would call back with information and NEVER did. Called them back the same day to follow up and again was told they would get back to me. NEVER received a callback. I was optimistic about this dealership from what I read here. Now i think they made false accounts and provided fake reviews. If you could not help me a simple 5 minute probably less phone call would have sufficed stating you are unable to help.

Wouldn't go anywhere else

by from Lake in the Hills IL |

This was our second experience purchasing a car with Pauly Toyota. Our Prius was recently totaled and Jeff Massingill and Mike Ruiz went ABOVE & BEYOND our expectations in finding us another Prius in our price range. They even gave us a loaner car until they could find us a replacement. We loved working with them so much we traded in our Scion (purchased from them 2 years ago) and bought a second Prius. Their service department is second to none also. We had our first Prius in for repairs with them over the summer and they kept me informed throughout the day on the progress. They even gave me a loaner car. I would NEVER deal with another dealership. They are the best!

Pauly's will treat you right!

by from Rockford, IL |

After being treated very poorly by a different Toyota dealership, I turned to Pauly's for a quote. Not only did the internet sales team respond within a few hours, but they shot me the best price I had ever seen on my Camry. Thinking for sure it was a ploy, I called and talked to Jeff. He assured me the price was legit, no games, no ploy, no additional costs added at time of sale. I trusted him, and turns out he was telling me the 100% truth. I bought my car last night! Absolutely the best staff I've ever worked with, very friendly and professional. Best deal in the state! Jeff and Steve in internet sales will treat you well!

by from Somonauk, IL |

Dealing with this Dealership was a pleasure. We were greeted promptly upon arrival, the negotiations were straight up front, and fair. All the staff treated us as though they truly do care about the customer. There was no "high" pressures sales, even through the financing. We drove about two hours to purchase from them, and would definately do it again! Thank you Pauly!!

Pauly Toyota/Scion responded to this review

October 2, 2012

Thank you very much for your review and your purchase! We do try our very best to make what is stereotyped as a painful experience from past generations, a very painless and enjoyable process. Enjoy the Tiburon! Thank you, Mike Ruiz Used Car Manager Pauly Toyota (708)218-4084 cell