Mahwah Honda

99 Franklin Turnpike, Mahwah, NJ 07430

Great Service Department!

by from Bergen County, NJ |

Six years ago I purchased a 2006 CRV used from a private party for my daughter. Even though the car was not purchased from Mahwah Honda, I have always had positive experiences with their service department. Recently they went above and beyond my expectations. At 85,000 miles, my daughter's car needed brakes and few other things. It was a bit out of my budget yet the service advisor, Ben Rosario worked with the service manager, Mark Langston to keep within my budget and keep my daughter's car as safe as possible. Many thanks to the service team for your great work and compassion. I know now that when I am in the market for a new Honda I will purchase from them.

Used to like Honda, not anymore

by from Vernon, NJ |

I purchased an 05 CRV from this place in January 2013. I was given a clean Carfax at the time of purchase. I had the car 10 months when suddenly while I was driving down the road both side air bags deployed for no reason. I was 6 months pregnant at the time. I almost drove off the road. I contacted Mahwah Honda and they refused to do anything, so I contacted American Honda and they refused to do anything and told me I should go through my insurance company. I was also informed by American Honda that the car was in an accident the summer before I bought the vehivle. How was I given a clean Carfax?? After talking to an attorney regarding this matter he said that Mahwah Honda most likely sold this car knowing that the airbags were defective. Shame on Mahwah Honda and Honda of America for thinking of the all mighty bottom dollar instead of my and my unborn childs life. This was my fourth Honda and this dealership is awful I bought the other 3 from Sussex Honda and they are way better,

2011 Chevy Impala

by from Somerville NJ |

I purchased a 2011 Impala on October 12, 2013 from Mahwah Honda, the car has been only but problems I am about to contact the DOT and the NJ Lemon Dept, if they do not take care of this matter , I have dished out about 500.00 on a car that I have only had for 4 months. This is ridiculous. SO Mahwah Honda, take care of this matter . cause am sure that the DOT will find out what is going on.

Dealer not responsive to customer...

by from Warwick, New York |

Bought new 2013 Honda CRV which is a beauty. Dealer charged me vehicle frieght fee upon signing when the original internet quote included this fee in the original sticker price, which is illegal; did a trade and dealer charged me $50 more than DMV charged for plate transfer and refused to return the money; dealer shopp stole my trade-in vehicle's steering wheel suicide knob that I have had for thirty years and would not even discuss the crime; pressed dealer to give me numbers of my vehicle's key in case I misplaced the keys but said they will email Honda but it is sis months now and nothing! This dealership is glitzy on the outside but rotten on the inside as to its customer service and opublic relations personna.As a retired news reporter I have done stories like this in the past and never heard of a dealer NOT willing to compromise with the customer in a goodwill effort. Sorry folks, please do not buy from them!

Mahwah Honda Came Thru (Update to Earlier Review)

by from Mahwah, NJ |

I could not figure out how to edit my earlier review "Beware of Mahwah Honda Pre-Owned Sales Practices" as things have changed since I posted it. Here is an updated review of our recent experience with Mahwah Honda. We purchased a 1999 Acura TL from Mahwah Honda not even 5 months ago. With not even 5,000 miles added to the car during this time, the car's transmission failed. This was a shock to us since when we purchased the car, we were told that the transmission would last another 100,000 miles by the sales rep. When we called the dealer to complain, the pre-owned sales manager basically told us that they would have never made such claims and there is no warrantee on the car so there is nothing they can do for us. After I posted my review to online dealer rating sites, like this one, Mahwah Honda's service manager contacted us and was very apologetic about the experience we had with the pre-owned sales manager. He said he wished he would have known about our issue first and we could have avoided the bad experience we had. He offered to pay for 50% of our repair, which we thought was fair, and had a check to us within one day. He even offered to have the check dropped off the same day to our home. It is nice to see that consumers have a voice through websites such as this one. While our initial contact with the pre-owned sales department was not a good experience, we are satisfied that in the end, that the service manager at Mahwah Honda did come through and do the right thing by splitting the cost of an expensive repair. Thanks for coming through Mahwah Honda!

October 14, 2013

Thank you, We're glad it worked out.

2012 Accord end of yr deal

by from Suffern NY |

Traded in my CRV for a Accord LX-P in late September! The process took all of 1.5hrs. The sales rep who we have used in the past Debbie was terrific. Everything went great! Cannot express enough how smooth transaction was! This is my families 8th Honda from this dealer and each time it just gets better

October 10, 2013

Great experience

by from Suffern NY |

Bought a 2002 Accord Coupe! Price was negotiated with sales and a nice compromise was had. Three months later the car is great and I was offered almost double what I paid! Great experience!!!

April 3, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We try to do our best for everyone.

Beware

by from Mahwah, NJ |

Buyer beware. Once Mahwah Honda makes the sale you are forgotten. If you have any issues or concerns they will not be addressed. Take your business elsewhere. WORST car buying experience of my life.

Hondas are great, But this dealer isnt

by from Suffern, Ny |

I have bought 1 new car from them and I have looked at multiple new and used cars since then. The prices are ridiculously high, I have even brought in a print out of the kbb value report and they still refused to negotiate on price. Brought my 05 civic in for service and they dented my door. I will never go back to Mahwah Honda for any reason.

bob the greedy salesman

by from 10001 |

Our truck was waitng out front for us and all we neeeded to do was hand over the check. We were there for over an hour waiting and Bob the sale guy kept taking on more customers and basically forgot about us. We told him we had to leave and he said to just go! On top he refused to return our deposit saying sue me! WAY to go BOB