Joyce Honda

New 888-595-3679
Used 888-295-2360
Service 877-289-1553

A FAMILY REPUTATION YOU CAN TRUST

Terrific experience with both sales and service

by from Pompton Lakes, NJ |

Words can't begin to describe what an amazing person Larry Swanson, general manager is. Make a long story short I was in a really tough predicament with another dealership who tried to strong arm me into buying a car I absolutely didn't want. Larry sat with me for several hours, carefully crafting a response, speaking to his higher-up at Honda and made me walk out feeling like a new person. He didn't owe me anything, yet went above and beyond to help me out. He absolutely saved me from a catastrophic mistake. Fast forward to later that month: I worked with both Rudy and then Chuck more closely. Rudy was instrumental in getting me to Larry originally. Chuck is one of the nicest and most down to earth sales guys you will work with. He lets you move at your pace and I enjoyed the rapport I developed with him. I wouldn't hesitate to send someone else to him. Certainly as a sales guy he has quotas to meet but he will work with you until he helps you get the car you want. Diana Alvarado in Service has been repairing my Honda for 6 years. The most genuine service person I've ever worked with. She's the reason I stuck with Joyce and in addition to Larry, why I'll remain a customer of theirs. You shouldn't bother going to another Honda dealership in NJ. This is absolutely your place.

Never going here again

by from Denville, NJ |

People were very unfriendly. Service was horrible. The whole car buying process was unsatisfactory as a whole, and did not appreciate their attitudes. For example, there was a dent on the car after it had become certified and we, rightly, wanted it removed and the hub cap was damaged so we had it replaced. After 2 hours of waiting, on what should have been a half an hour tops, I went out to ask what was going on and they said it had been done for quite some time. No one had come to tell me this, even after I had told them twice to let me know when it was ready. I would understand if I had given them some sort of attitude, that they would want to reciprocate it, but I was very nice to them. Definitely wouldn't recommend anyone buy from this dealership.

Worst customer service

by from New Jersey |

Three months ago I purchased a used car. Car is certify with 6 months warranty, however I started to have problem with my car next day. Since then I have been lied and car is not fixed until this day. A person in charge does not return calls or emails. This is the worst experience. Stay away from buying a used car at Joyce Honda. In the past I bought a new car at Joyce Honda and never had a problem until next buy. This is not a repeat customer should be treated. What a shame.

Joyce Honda responded to this review

May 8, 2014

Dear Not happy from New Jersey, Joyce Honda has an excellent reputation for standing behind the quality of the vehicles we sell. We currently have no pending customer issues that have not been addressed and resolved. Please contact our Certified Pre-owned Management team and we will be happy to meet with you and understand what type of problem(s) you are experiencing. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction. Thank You

Joyce Honda Service Department

by from Denville, NJ |

Stay away from Joyce Honda Service. I got an oil change service for $52 total and came home. Look at my invoice and realized that Joyce Honda used MOBIL brand instead HONDA genuine oil. I called the manager but he didn't seem to care about using MOBIL oil at their honda shop.

Only go if you have time to waste

by from New York, NY |

Joyce Honda is THE reason that car salespeople get a bad rep! Sorry for the long review, but I want to give you details of their "customer service". My family and I have been doing business with Joyce Honda for a number of years, always going there for our new car, and have always walked away happy, but unfortunately the gentleman we dealt with is no longer there. So this time around I started working with Stephen Owusu, initially via email and then yesterday to "finish" the deal. Mr. Owusu told me that they had the car I wanted (model, color, interior, etc.) via email and I asked him to disclose all the fees and figures before I came in so that I can run my own calculations (we were looking to lease the vehicle) and make sure we were on the same page. He emailed me "all" the numbers and although we had a discrepancy I thought that if we met in person the difference could be found pretty quickly - and that's where the niceties ended. When we arrived at the dealership I asked Mr. Owusu to show me all the numbers, because we were still matching up. Of course he didn't know how a lot of these numbers are derived, so he went back to get the "finance manager". Thirty minutes later an elderly gentleman in a cheap gold watch and slicked back hair arrives and shows me the same numbers Mr. Owusu did, the only difference being that he pointed to each one and circled a few more. When I asked him to explain how he arrived at some of the numbers he tried spinning the situation and talked to me like a child. When I asked him that it was surprising that the "finance manager" doesn't know what a number is composed of, he told me he wasn't the finance manager, but a senior salesperson. When I insisted on speaking with the finance manager we had to wait and additional 30-45 minutes. When the "finance manager" did arrive, he once again did the pointing and circling of numbers until I pressed him and then they disclosed that they were adding an "acquisition fee" - which was why my calculations were off. This number was only disclosed after wasting 2 1/2 hours! Angry as we were about this back-and-forth we were willing to continue with the transaction. When we were ready to go ahead with the paperwork, Mr. Owusu was nice enought to tell us that they didn't have the color that we wanted. This after indicating initially that they did have that color and us going through 3 hours of nonsense! The way he said it was so obnoxious and condescending that the only thing this guy should be selling is poison to rats. That was our tipping point - we left the dealership and I told him that they have lost my family's business.

Commissioned Technicians

by from Dover NJ |

I twice have found that a repair they suggested was either unnecessary or extremely premature. Not happy and not going back!

Not a satisfactory experience

by from Wharton,NJ |

I experienced excessive wait time on the phone when trying to make an appointment - then I was passed from person to person until I FINALLY ended up with the service department. I explained what I needed done - mostly nickel and dime things like fixing dome lights and replacing the seat belt retractor on the driver's side, and fixing a hinge on the console compartment. Also 90k and 100k major services. Well - guess what? The hinge wasn't fixed, the seat belt wasn't fixed, the 100k mile service wasn't indicated on the paperwork so who knows - but of COURSE they found 'worn brakes'. If the small stuff wasn't done, how can I believe the BIG stuff was done correctly?

The best of the best

by from Parsippany N.J. |

Simply put these guys are the best.Made the car bying experience the best.