Towne Hyundai

3170 Rt. 10, Denville, NJ 07834

New 877-625-0302
Used 877-771-7082
Service 866-501-9975

Towne Hyundai, the E Stands for Extra!

Phenomenal Experience - Lifetime Repeat Customer

by from Lincoln Park, NJ |

It is not often that I take "pen to paper" but I felt compelled to share my experience at Towne Hyundai and with Joe Ippolito specifically. I dealt with Joe a few years back when I purchased a car for my daughter and he was phenomenal and took the time to find just the right car for her. She was thrilled with the car and I was thrilled with the price and financing. The experience was so pleasant, I decided to go back when it was time to purchase another car. Well, like a fine wine, Joe only got better with age. It's amazing how he can make you feel like a member of his family. He is such a warm and caring person and truly takes the time to ensure that you are happy with every aspect of your experience at Towne Hyundai. He's built a phenomenal team that also takes the time to be sure you're happy. He treats his team with the utmost respect and that only makes them work harder to make his clients happy. I can't say enough about Joe and how wonderful he was to me, my daughter AND my 3 and half year old son, who by the way was not easily entertained for the few hours we were there. Everyone, including the other sales team members (who had nothing to gain) helped to keep him entertained, which was not easy. A very BIG and SPECIAL Thank You to Joe and the Entire Team at Towne Hyundai - we walked in as customers and left as family!

jose matos rocks!!

by from stockholm, nj |

once again salesman jose matos provided us with a pleasurable experience in buying our fourth hyundai, our third from towne hyundai. place is a mess -- noisy and hot due to renovations, but amenities were offered by jose several times. we asked to test drive three models and although we had to wait for the plates, this was because of the unusual amt. of potential buyers this memorial day weekend. jose couldn't have been more professional and gentlemanly...no hard push to make you feel dirty even though we were not financing. last time we were in and out in under 90 minutes because we had to get back to work. this time longer , but no fault of jose's. it involved getting the different models from the lot and securing the dealer plates. in the end we found ourselves in the lot AFTER closing time, with jose , when all other salesmen had left for the night! nevertheless, jose went over everything about the car, sitting inside the vehicle and even programming our phones and showing us all the ins and outs of the car that had been updated or changed since our 2010 elantra. he didn't want me to get on the road home and have to pull over to check out a gadget. car was washed and given a full tank of gas and the future commitment off all weather mats and cargo tray ( indicated on the bill of sales,) which will be there for us next week when we come with the bank check. did the last sign-off with business manager, and that was it. can only say where jose goes, we will follow. he has faith in hyundai and obviously this dealership, and so shall we.

3RD purchase 1ST disappointment

by from Blairstown, NJ |

Picking out my new Santa Fe was seemless and fast. I was introduced to several cars that fit my requirments within 15 minutes of arriving at the dealership. Once I picked out the car I wanted I was prepared to wait some time for all the red tape, paperwork, etc to be taken care of. I was not disappointed as several hours went by. I was offered coffee or chips but declined. There were times that someone would come over to where I was sitting to fill out and get signed several forms. At least twice a line on the form was filled out then the person would vanish for 10 or 15 minutes before returning to complete the task. The worst part of my visit is the hard sell for "BlueLink" Hyundai's navigation/alert/remote start subscription service. Although I don't even own a smartphone and have little to no need for these services, I was told I HAD to give a CC to sign up for the free 3 month trial. And that signing up later was not an option. A typical business practice these days that turns people sour and spoils the buying experience. Like extended warrenties, pushing stuff on consumers that might not be needed or wanted. Of course, all the hardware/software is built into the car (think XM Sat Radio) so that if you don't use the service you still wind up paying for the technology. This was my 3rd Santa Fe purchase at Towne Hyundai since 2005 and my first new Santa Fe purchase. In the past Joe Ippoitto was my salesperson. I specifically asked for Joe for this purchase. Unfortunately, in 6 hours of sitting in the dealership I only had contact with Joe for 20 minutes or so. The rest of the time it was with Bobbie, Joe's assistant. I cannot change what Hyundai manufactures into it's autos. However, I can demand that sales people take "no" for an answer the instant the customer speaks that word then turn and walk away.

Amazing service from Joe I and Bobbie

by from Randolph, NJ |

I can't begin to say how amazing my experience was with Joe Ippolito. I have been a customer of Joe's for 10 years and every time I see him it gets better and better! He is the truest and greatest guy out there. As for the staff of Towne Hyundai they treated me with such welcoming arms offering me anything I wanted and made me feel at home. It was the least stressful time (which buying a car is usually stressful). Thank you Towne Hyundai and especially thank you AGAIN Joe!!!!

Towne Hyundai EXCELLENT!!!

by from Hamburg, NJ |

Joe Ippolito and all of the staff at Towne Hyundai were amazing! They we very accommodating and honest about the whole process. The remodeling of the dealership was progressing nicely and will only add even more appealing atmosphere to an already great place. He provided options for me to choose from and he worked with me to find the best match for me. They worked with me to meet the financial level I was able to do. I have known many people that have bought vehicles from them and have always had a wonderful experience. I would recommend them to anyone.

shady & shifty

by from dover, nj |

We were attempting to purchase a vehicle at this location. We went as far as to meet with the finance manager (Jeff) as well. We worked out a deal on Saturday and asked if we could think about it and get back to them the next business day. Of course Jeff and the salesman Javier agreed. On Monday, we went into the dealer ready to make a deal and now their prices were different. They wanted to charge us an additional $750 and now would offer us $2000 less for our trade in. After much aggravation and discussions with Jeff, he advised us that he would need to call us back after talking with a "3rd party". Needless to say, Jeff never called us back. We called Jeff on Tuesday afternoon and now he was able to offer us the car for $1500 more than he originally quoted us on Saturday. I asked to speak with a Manager, as he clearly was playing games and could not be trusted. Coincidentally, there was no manager on site...really?! Towne Hyndai lost a loyal customer because their staff cannot be trusted to honor deals that they make with their customers. AND...to top this off, Jeff even had the nerve to say during the conversation, "you should have made the deal on Saturday." POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND 100% DISSATISFIED WITH TOWN HYNDAI. Someone should really look into this shady & shifty practice and hold them accountable! We will NEVER do business with them and will make sure all of your friends, family & colleagues now about what they do.

Towne Hyundai responded to this review

December 2, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. While we strive to be as transparent as possible during the entire buying experience, it seems as if we may have dropped the ball here. Your review will help us improve in the future.

Highly questionable Ethics & business practices

by from Denville New Jersey |

Jose, the sale rep., asked if I would be willing to put $200, to hold a car for the day that I was interested in. Noting very clearly that my card would not be charged. I did not buy the car, as Jeff Angulo, SM and i could not reach an agreement on price. I reminded him that Jose was not to process my card. Unfortunately, when I received my card statement, thie charge was on my statement. i contacted Jeff Angulo, by email immediately, but did not get a reply. I have contacted by credit card company notifying them of this unauthorized charge. I now have received an email from Jeff, stating he would look into it. Beyond my own naievity, this was a terrible experience and highly unethical.

Towne Hyundai responded to this review

January 22, 2015

Hi There, Thank you for reaching out to us following your visit. I know after we last spoke that you were able to speak with our manager Heather, and I am happy we were able to resolve this for you. Have a great day! Regards, Stephanie G. Brand Manager

warranty does not work

by from rockaway, nj |

Beware of this dealership, when you want to buy or service you car. Warranty service denied. The manager of sales Joseph Ippolito Jr. lied about basic warranty.

Lousy sales staff

by from Roxbury NJ |

Having done my research online, I knew exactly what car I wanted to buy. We went in to Towne Hyundai and found the car. It was later at night so we decided to return later in the week. When we got there, our salesman wasn't working there anymore so they assigned us another one. We bought the car, negotiating a set of all-weather mats as that was one of my criteria. The mats were not in when we went to pick up the car, nor were they there when we picked up the license plates. "John" was supposed to call us the next week. He never called, we called back and found that "John" no longer worked there and there was no information that we were promised the mats. We made the ride back to show our receipt ( a copy of the one they have on file) and were told that they would be in in about a week. Again, no call. We have tried calling the manager but he was always busy and never returned a call. My husband went over there on his lunch hour and spoke to the manager, who then excused himself and never returned. Another salesman came over to get our information and promised he would take care of it. Will he? I am not so sure........

NEVER AGAIN

by from Landing,NJ |

Bought 3 cars there in last 6 years . They are dishonest with their warranty , stay away

Towne Hyundai & Joe Ippolito always there for me!

by from Hackettstown, NJ |

Hyundai and Joe Ippolito have always been there for me! I just purchased my fourth Hyundai from Joe Ippolito at Towne Hyundai in Denville, New Jersey (even though there are other Hyundai dealers closer to my home). When I bought my very first Hyundai, I went to MANY other dealers from many car manufacturers and no one would give me a car loan. Joe and Hyundai worked very hard to get me that new car, and I've been a loyal and faithful customer ever since. These are the most reliable cars I have ever driven. I've never had to pay for anything other than regular maintenance, tires, oil changes, tune ups, etc. in the 4 cars I've owned. The people who work at Towne Hyundai in Denville NJ all work together to make your new car purchasing experience the very best. I love Hyundai's and will keep buying them. Joe hadn't seen me in 5 years and I walked in the door and he knew right away who I was by sight, my name and all! They remember and reward loyal customer's and that's the way it should be. My Volester is AMAZING!!!