Audi Volkswagen of Newton

34 Hampton House Rd, Newton, NJ 07860

purchasing a car

by from Lords Valley, Pa |

I paid cash for a 2011 Mercedes S550 and they can not provide the title and proper registration for this car. So I paid for it, but I can't drive it because it is not registered under my name after 3 months. I think this is FRAUD!!!!! DON'T pay cash here, take a loan and by the time you pay it off you might get the title also.

Worst dealership ever

by from Pennsylvania |

Bought new Audi Q7 before thanksgiving 2013. still have not received registration it is now Dec.27. Call dealer they say they will get back to me Had to call several times. I traded in a 2008 Mercedes I just got letter from Mercedes stating I missed a payment. Told them I traded in the car. They said they never received payoff. Called dealership to find out what is going on, said they would have an answer in a couple of days. Don't know why it should take a couple of days when it has been over a month since I bought the Audi. They had no problem cashing the check I gave them for additional down payment. I guess being they got my money their financial obligation and vehicle registration is not a priority. Would not recommend them to my worst enemy.

Terrible service BUYER BEWARE!!!

by from CENTRAL NEW YORK |

My family Purchased a 2008 Buick Enclave from this "Dealership." It was a long and exhausting task since we are from CNY. We drove four hours to pick up our new to us SUV, which we had put a down payment on a week before so you would think that all the fluids would be checked and the tire pressures as well as the detailing would have been done beforehand. NOPE, none had been done. Seeing how I am a ASE Certified mechanic I know when its been changed and when it hasn't. Lastly the $359 "Optional" window etching is NOT optional. We had signed all paper work and proceeded to leave the dealership we went down the road to make sure that all was well with the car before our 4 hour drive home. After topping off the oil which hadn't been checked and the coolant that hadn't been checked we looked for the "etching" in the windows and noticed no etching on the SUV. Ryan our final "Sales manager" was given a call immediately and he advised us to come back because we may be have "overlooked" for the Etching. Once Ryan noticed that the etching clearly wasn't present he sneaked back and had his mechanic start to put the our already payed for etching on the car. Once noticed we confronted him of this wrong doing as well as the oil and coolant. When confronted, he unprofessionally became very argumentative as to why it hadn't been done before hand. Ryan and his crew were clearly in the wrong and didn't admit it. Once all was said and done we demanded a refund for the etching and left the dealership very dissatisfied. It has been a month on Tuesday 12/17/13 and still have not received our plates or NY registration which was already payed for. Taxes were also not sent to NY as well. BUYER BEWARE OF SHADY DEALERSHIP

Can't drive my car...waiting for my registration!

by from Paterson, NJ |

I purchased a car five weeks ago and they yet to flip the title of my new car and trade in according to NJDMV, who stated they are supposed to renew my temporary registration. I called Tommy, salesman, but there is nothing he can do not his dept! Everybody is so niiiiice! Until you sign the dotted line. My car is parked and I can't drive it. NJDMV has an investigator who will investigate for me but I just want the buyer to beware. My husband and I want to drive our convertible for leisure and now we have to leave it parked! I've also contacted Walt Kane from KANE IN YOUR CORNER and I hope he takes my story. Stay tuned!

Great Servvice

by from Newton, NJ |

I recently purchased a used truck from this dealership. They made the whole process easy and I strongly recommend you purchase from here.

Unsafe Car

by from East Meadow, NY 11554 |

I purchased a 2005 Hyundai Elantra, I drove 2 hours from long island. I had asked if this vehicle had any major repairs needed to pass inspection because I had a limited budget to buy my daughter a first car. I purchased the car, the ride home was very bumpy and rough. The next morning I noticed that the front drivers side was down and the car listing. I went to my mechanic and after checking the vehicle told me that I was lucky that I did not have an accident on the way home. All 4 struts were broken, drivers side gave way, and that the brakes were so bad that they could not save the rotors. The bill was $1596.96 I called the dealer and the bottom line was they take no responsibility for this vehicle. The sticker on the car, listing the dealer and options states that they do a full safety inspection on this vehicle. Which tells me they knew of this damage. I was offered $300.00 to help me register and pay the tax on car to get it on road. I did not have this additional money for repairs and they knew that. Now the vehicle sits in my driveway unable to drive. What scares me is that they shook my hand and let me get in the car for a 2 hr ride home in an unsafe vehicle. Telling everyone I know not to use this dealership or sister dealership who advertised this car, Subaru 46 in Hackensack.

Poor Customer Satisfaction

by from North NJ |

I purchased a used (with low mileage) 2010 Volkswagen EOS from this dealership and was happy with the price & service during the sale of the vehicle - guess they wanted the sale. The only negative at point of sale was that the car could have been cleaned a little better - this should have been my first flag - no real concern for details. i was pleased with the car until the first time i had to use the windshield wipers - they were old and not replaced and one of the blades was torn with the rubber hanging off of it - it scratched the windshield!! does anyone look at the windshield wiper blades when buying a car? i went to the nearest Volkswagen dealership (not Newton) and they replaced the blades and told me i should call the dealership because all dealerships replace new blades on all the cars they sell - this is standard practice. i proceeded to call the dealership, stated my grievance and never heard back from them. i called several times with no return call - this went on for over a month - so i called Volkswagen Customer Service. They became a mediator and the best that the dealership would do was replace my windshield at cost - WOW - you mean you won't make any more money on me - hardly any client satisfaction going on here!! Nor any professionalism - instead of the manager of this dealership calling me (this is who Volkswagen Customer Service was dealing with) they have the young salesman call me who had no authority to help in this situation and proceeded to talk over me when i was trying to ask questions - i'm sure he was frustrated too! if you manage the dealership, then MANAGE the dealership!! so, although i love my car, i have a bad taste in my mouth over this experience AND im out $500 for a new windshield on a car i just purchased. Don't use this dealership - they lack customer service, professionalism and they are not detail oriented - so many other good dealerships out there that have these qualities.

Awful dealership

by from Morristown, NJ |

I recently purchased a used car from them. It was a trade in for a Audi so it was not their brand. The car was a 2012 used car. The salesmen told me that the car had Bluetooth in it. The nav system had a button on it with a phone icon so I assumed that was correct. It turns out that Bluetooth was not equipped on the car. Ok, I can live with that I guess. Then after negotiating a price we shook hands and they threw a bunch of papers to sign in front of me which is typical procedure for car financing. I should have looked more closely at the contracts because they added 15 dollars a month for 60 months onto what we verbally agreed to and shook hands on. I guess that is my fault but I assumed I was dealing with a reputable and honest dealership. When I called multiple times to only get a voicemail no one called me back. Finally I decided to just drive over there and when I spoke to Alicia I think her name was she said she called me back and left a voicemail. No record of that on my IPhone . strange.... Sounds like another lie. Her response was basically you signed the contract too bad. When they delivered the car to me it had a quarter tank of gas and the oil needed to be changed. It also could have used a detailing because the previous owner apparently had dogs. I would NEVER recommend this dealership to anyone.

Unsafe dealership.

by from East stroudsburg,pa |

I bought a used 2009 routan with 38k. I live in PA it was the closet dealer (VW) around . A week after we bought the car it was time to get it inspected the car failed inspection due to unsafe tires. 3 of the tires were deemed unroad worthy tires. The inspection place I took it to does not sell tires so I know they weren't looking for a quick sale. So I contacted the dealer and they said there is nothing we can do it is your problem. When I bought the car they polished the tires made them look new and shiny. Now they say inspection is not there problem. The warranty they give on there cars is 2 months 2k miles whichever comes first this is the state minimum allowed by law. You have to purchase anything greater. I just called again and they say it's ok to sell a car with bad tires.

Charged a phony fee to return my used car.

by from Budd Lake , NJ |

I purchased a used Mini Copper Conv. on a Saturday night. Took the car to Mini to get checked out Monday morning. The car needed two front end bushings , tires , motor mount , shock towers were deformed , and a wheel alignment. I was told that if I didn't do these repairs and if I put new tires on it they will wear out fast. The grand total was $3300. I decided I can't spend any more money on this car and I want to bring it back. Drove the car back to Audi of Newton that afternoon and spoke to the General Manager. He said there is no way I could bring the car back. I said how about I look at another car and they said no. I pleaded with them for awhile and then was told it cost $1000 to process a loan. If I would pay that I can return the car. Not wanting to keep the car I agreed. On my way home I stopped at another dealer to find out about this $1000 dollar fee. After telling him the whole story he said it cost nothing to process a loan. The following day I drove back to Audi of Newton and pleaded to change this phony fee and of course they said no. I told them I will be writing bad reviews because this is just wrong. The young General Saled Manager said he don't care if I post anything online. So the short story is I had the car two days and it cost me $1000. Stay away.