Ed Carney Ford

189 State Route 10, East Hanover, NJ 07936

New 888-764-2807
Used 888-271-8381
Service 877-682-3023

Family-owned and operated since 1965!

great car buying experience!

by from dover, nj |

I was shopping for a used car and I happened to find the car for me here at end Carney ford. Larry the salesperson was extremely friendly and helpful throughout the whole process and Robert from the finance department helped me find a bank who was willing to work with me and my less than perfect credit. The place itself was lacking what you might find in a new age dealership ( TV, coffee, an open restroom) but if you can see past those minor details like I have, then you too will have a great shopping experience!

How many ways can an oil change go wrong?

by from Lavallette, NJ |

I wrote this letter to the owner after my experience with the service department: Because of the excellent experience that I had buying my new Mustang convertible from your salesman Richard Tronz this past October, and because of the courtesy and warm welcome that I received from you personally, I feel compelled to let you know that there is room for improvement in the way your service department works with your customers. Prompted by an email reminder from your company, I went online to schedule my first oil change. Since I would be driving up from the Jersey Shore and expected to arrive late Friday (June 13th) afternoon, I was happy to see that the choice of appointment times that were offered were from 7:30 until 5:15. I signed up for a 5:00 appointment. However, later I was called by your service department and told that I couldn?t have an appointment that late, since, in spite of what the web page says, they are done by 5:00. (Your website says service hours are 7:30 to 5:30 Monday thru Friday.) I agreed to a 4:15 appointment, and that if possible, I would be there sooner. I subsequently received email (maybe on Thursday) stating that I had a 7:30 a.m. appointment. I replied, also by email, and said that they had made a mistake; my appointment was for 4:15, and that I would be there at 4:15 or sooner unless I was called and told of any change. I didn?t receive a phone call, nor did I receive an email reply. When I arrived, the man at the service desk seemed puzzled to see me. The service manager (?) looked in his appointment book and said that I didn?t have an appointment. I asked him to look a little harder, and he then found that they had me down for Wednesday, June 18th. I told him that the records were incorrect, since I would never make a date for the middle of the week; I only come up from the Shore on weekends. He finally said, well, ok - they?d squeeze me in today. I told them that I had no ride, and would be waiting. I went into the showroom and talked with Richard about buying a new Explorer; I?m getting ready to replace my current one, which is a 2007. Then I went to the customer waiting area. And then I waited. And waited... When I realized that it was 5:15 and, supposedly, they had stopped working at 5:00, and that I hadn?t been called, I left the customer waiting area and went back to the service area to see what was going on. No work was being done anywhere in the shop, it was quiet. I went to the service manager and asked him what was going on, and he simply told me that my car was ready. He didn?t tell me why I hadn?t been notified of the fact that my car was ready, or how even long the car had been ready. I asked him if it was unusual for an oil change to take an hour and a half, and all he told me was, ?Yes, it is.? I was given no apology or explanation. I asked him why I had been sent an email message that showed my appointment to be 7:30 a.m. and he told me that?s the way the computer is programmed. When I suggested that it be reprogrammed, I was told that it would be too big a job to fix. By now it was pouring rain, but since it was sunny out when they brought the car into the shop, the top was still down. A mechanic was in my car, and he asked me if I wanted the top up. I thought that he was kidding, and so I laughed, and waited for him to put the top up. But he just sat there. Finally he said, ?Well, how do you put this top up?? I told him and he tried to do it, but kept pushing the wrong button. I ended up in the car and did it myself. Naturally, I began to wonder about the quality of my oil change and inspection that may have been done by Mustang mechanics who didn?t know how to put the top up on a Mustang. [To date, I have not had a response to this letter.]

They don't need your business

by from Morris Plains, NJ |

I was very gung ho about purchasing a certified ford. I did my research and found a car I was interested in on Cars.com. I contacted the dealership and went and looked at the car. After a test drive, we discussed a price on the car and I told the sale guy that I was interested in this car but I knew what I could afford and how much my payment would be to fit my budget so this is what I can afford to pay. It was not a ridiculous offer it was about 4k less than the car was priced. I had done research on the car and I had back up for my price. He said he would speak to his sales manager first thing in the am and call me. The call never came..two days went by and I emailed him. I thought he died? what kind of sales person does not call back to make a sale? I emailed him asking if I misunderstood that he would call. He explained VIA EMAIL (not even a call) that they were so busy, so crazy busy! and apologized for not calling..and then gave me some pictures of ONE vehicle that I might be interested in other than the one I test drove and furthermore never addressed the offer I made.. so busy? No counter offer either.I did explain via email to Bill Murphy that I was surprised he didn't try to fit my needs regardless of the offer on the car I test drove.He ignored the comment. I was disappointed. He didn't care, he was so busy, to busy to care.. Seriously, I don't think they need the business or a referral of business. OR they are too busy to service more than one person at a time? I don't now how Ed Carney Ford stays in business, they are just to busy to deal with customers. If I said that to one of my customers, I would be busy too, looking for a new job..

Great experience internet buying at Ed Carney Ford

by from New Jersey |

Internet sales manager Richard made the buying process super easy. I have never bought a car from a dealer before and was very wary, but Ed Carney Ford had the right car, the right price and was very honest. I would buy from them again.

All around service

by from Poconos, PA |

Very helpful, set up financing, gave me a trade quote and neg a price all over the phone and picked my car up the next day