River Front Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM

New 888-436-2292
Used 877-225-9961
Service 888-560-0272

Your Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram experts in Chicagoland

Worst experience ever!! 5 hour cash deal??!?!!

by from New Lenox, IL |

What should have been a fairly quick and easy transaction turned into a nightmare!! I helped my parents, who are both in their 70's, with locating a new Town & Country. I found one that met their requirements (color, options) at this dealership. I spoke with Rob Goldman and we negotiated the price ahead of time. He even sent me a completed invoice. I informed him that my mother is on oxygen 24/7 and the process needed to be a quick one (her portable tank last about 2 hours). I told him that my parents were not interested in any extras (extended warranty, paint/interior protection, etc.) He assured me that since it was a cash deal that it wouldn't take long at all. He said the vehicle would be ready to go when we arrived the following day. He also mentioned that he would not be there, so we should see Chris VerHagan. The next day I made the hour long trip to the dealership with my parents. We arrived around 11:45 am. The van was on the showroom floor and not ready. It was dirty, had no floor mats, very little gas, one tire looked almost flat. Chris moved at a snails pace, asking questions that were irrelevant for a cash deal. He then sent someone over to push a $2700 paint/interior protection plan, then came the pushy extended warranty person both which were declined. At this point we've been there for about two hours and the van was still sitting on the showroom floor. Nobody was making an effort to prepare it for delivery. My dad asked Chris to confirm two keys/fobs were included for which Chris replied "I'll see what I can do". That's where things went south. We waited for close to an hour while Chris supposedly looked for the second key fob. During this time Chris said to a porter, "Wipe the van down and go put a little bit of gas in it." The experience was becoming very tiresome and aggravating to say the least. My mom's oxygen tank had to be filled as two hours had gone by. I asked to speak with the manager (Paul McSkimming) who hid in his office and never came out to speak with me about the delay and terrible experience. It was going on 2pm and still no second fob. I told Chris that I was taking my parents to lunch and we'd be back in about 45 minutes. He assured me that the van would be ready to go and a second fob programmed as well. I wanted to leave the one fob with him so he could program the second one but he told me it wasn't needed. When we returned about 3pm I expected that everything would be ready and we could get on the road home. Wrong! Chris said that he exhausted all options, and that a new fob needed to be programmed. He asked me for the one (that I insisted he keep when we went to lunch) as it was needed to program the other one. We waited for well over an hour for a fob that takes less than five minutes to program. They kept moving the van around, from the lot to the service area, to the back of the building, back into the shop area. It was a very frustrating experience. Around 4:30 (just in time to sit in rush hour traffic) the second fob was programmed and the van was ready. It took almost 5 hours for a cash deal on a vehicle that was already picked out!! I called the manager, Paul McSkimming about four times since the visit to the dealership on 7/2/15. He has yet to return my call. However, he did email me and blamed my parents for the delay that day, stating "your parents couldn't get around too quickly". My parents sat most of the time and had nothing to do with the delay or their incompetence. Now he is discriminating against a disabled person. In his email, he went on to state that he is successful and I would be wasting my time providing negative reviews online because everybody loves their dealership. He was not apologetic at all. He did not respond to my complaint about there being less than half tank of gas. He could have smoothed over the deal my calling my parents and apologizing for the bad experience. I will be contacting Chrysler corporate about this terrible experience. Beware!

Great Experience

by from Yorkville, IL |

I just purchased a Jeep Grand Cherokee here. My suggestion if you're looking at purchasing a new vehicle is to deal with Rob Goldman and Chris VerHagan in the internet sales department. I had originally dealt with a salesperson...who was decent. However, I had 2 other dealers that were about $700 less so I emailed Rob who responded right back that he got it approved. I arrived at 3 pm on Saturday afternoon in a limited time frame and they had me out of there with a detailed car, plates transferred and and a quick rundown in just over an hour. Chris would have spent 40 minutes on the demo---however I had to be somewhere at a certain time. They were EXTREMELY friendly, everyone I dealt with introduced themselves to my 11 yr old daughter as well. These guys are fantastic.

CONSUMER REVIEW PLEASE READ

by from West Chicago, Illinois |

I have a complaint with the buying experience and vehicle that I recently purchased. They provided me with a rust free vehicle that had a new Jasper transmission; nitrogen filled Michelin tires, spotless interior, with exceptional exterior. We took a test drive to demonstrate the features and benefits of this vehicle. All accessories worked as if the vehicle were new; there were for sets of keys, and even an owner's manual. My complaint was that they never pressured the sale and the owner's manual was not in it's original valise. They had the porter completely detail the interior and exterior of the vehicle, and ever applied dressing to the Michelin tires. Transaction finalized in about an hour. It was a pleasure doing business with them. I applaud the consumate professionals at River Front Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. Sincerely, Dr. Walter