Shore Toyota Scion

4236 Black Horse Pike, Mays Landing, NJ 08330

Used 609-645-2770

Bait and switch

by from reading pa |

Bait and switch. Spoke to the internet sales mgr and she told me they had several new limited 4runners and several used sequoias in stock but not listed on the internet. When I got there I was asked to sit down and answer questions before they would show me any cars I asked about. I told them I was a cash buyer....they asked me for my Social security number? I said again, I am here to look at used sequoia, you do have used sequoias? Sale man said yes and walked away to bring back another manager to tell me they had not used sequoias.....I got up and left and bought another car the same day from another dealer and paid cash. Typical scum bag dealer! Lies and lies...

Nothing but good things to say:

by from Estell Manor,NJ |

I bought a used 2011 Tundra from Shore Toyota. I noticed the front bumper the paint was peeling and the clear coat was peeling as well, I stopped in to inquire about having this flaw repaired. Everyone was polite and went out of their way to ensure the issue is addressed and taken care of. I have purchased many cars over the last 30 years, but Shore toyota I feel made me feel as my issues with my truck meant something to me, and it did. But they corrected the issue and my truck looks great. I have nothing but praise for the men and women that are employed by Shore Toyota in Mays Landing,NJ I am not affiliated nor a paid endorser for Shore Toyota, just a completely satisfied customer that wanted to express myself on the over all service provided to me. Thanks again Shore Toyota Jim Freund

Oil Change and 60 point inspection

by from mays landing, nj |

I have been getting my oil changes done here on my 07 Toyota for two years. They supposedly do a 60 point inspection with the oil change as well. Along with the receipt is a checklist of everything they CHECK for you......including tires and brakes. After my first visit the service manager told me I only have 200-300 miles left on the front brakes...this was July 2011. EVERY visit since then the checklist has indicated that they are thick enough to be considered brand new....so I definitely knew they were lying about checking the brakes. Last week I was experiencing a leaky tire and took it to the tire shop. Both of my front tires were dry rotted and cracked apart the entire circumference of the sidewall where it meets the tread....with vertical cracks from the treadline to rim as well. These cracks were 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick with the rubber being completely gone. The inside edge of the tires were completely worn down trough the belts which created long holes....5 on one tire 7 on the other. It had only been 3000 miles since my last Shore Toyota visit where the checklist described them to be in excellent condition. These tires were on the brink of blowing out.....thank God one started leaking. Myself or someone else could have been seriously injured as a result of ill put trust in the service techs and managers at Shore Toyota. Shame for your negligence and shame for your lies. If you were not checking these items I could have checked them myself or had an honest mechanic do it. After consulting with one of the Shore Toyota service managers he assured me that I could not prove that his department had done anything wrong or misrepresented the work they had done.....even though I still have EVERY checklist. He went on to say that he was not willing to do anything for me because some of the techs that worked on my car did not even work there anymore....so what? Be careful out there Shore Toyota customers. I honestly hope this was an isolated incident.....but I doubt it.

Once the purchase is made you're screwed

by from Cape May, NJ |

We purchased both our family cars from Josh in Mays Landing, who was great through the sales process, but now that the cars are off the lot we are second class customers. I am sincerely disappointed with the service and customer relationship at Shore Toyota's service department in Mays Landing, NJ. We purchased our 2008 Certified Used Highlander less than a year ago and have had nothing but trouble with factory sensors- from the windows to tire pressure and most recently the hood latch. My car's alarm goes off CONSTANTLY through the day & night for no apparent reason. After researching Toyota forums I found thousands of others with the same known issue: the cause is a faulty hood latch - a factory part which is covered under our warranty - plus we purchased an additional warranty - yet the service department charges a $50 deductible for this replacement. How is this not a recall?! And how is it good business to ask a customer to drive 45 minutes to the nearest service center, with 2 handicapped children in tow to then pay $50 for replacement of a faulty factory part? I am thoroughly disgusted. In addition, BEFORE we had a slew of issues with my Highlander, my husband traded in his Toyota Tundra for a certified Matrix about 3 months ago. The DAY AFTER his new car was purchased we noticed the bumper hanging off! He is military and was assured by Josh that Toyota services their own vehicles at ANY Toyota service center, both at the time of purchase (because we opted IN for the additional warranty coverage), and again when my husband called the following day about the issue of the bumper clips. When he got to the service center nearest his station (CT) they told him he would have to return to the Toyota dealer he had purchased the vehicle from in NJ!!! 2 weeks later when he was finally relieved of duty, he DID return again to SHORE TOYOTA in NJ - where they told him it was not a covered issue (2 weeks now after initial CERTIFIED purchase) CHARGED him for the plastic clips needed to re-attach the bumper, and sent him off on his way to do the labor himself. Granted, not a tough task - but again - this is the way customers are treated? I will take every opportunity to ensure none of our family, friends or his military coworkers purchase from Shore Toyota, and we will be getting rid of these vehicles and purchasing anything OTHER THAN TOYOTA ASAP!!! http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/122-2nd-generation-2008-2013/259140-alarm-going-off-2.html

Top Notch!

by from Mays Landing, NJ |

Your sales staff are top notch, Ive had my best buying experience at shore toyota ever and I have bought numerios vehicles. The sales manager mr Gabriel, was courteous and helful, I will recommend this dealer to all my friends, I had a very pleasent experience. Thankyou.

Excellent experience

by from Mays landing, NJ |

my experience at shoer toyota was excellent my sales consultant tammy cotter was very helpful she helped me find a car in my budget range and saved me alot of time.

Trustworthy Dealer

by from Mays Landing, NJ |

I found somebody that I trust (Matt Bruschi), and I only go to him when my car needs repairs. He is the reason I take my car to Toyota. He doesn't try to sell you a service you do not need, he makes you feel comfortable.

Overall very good

by from Mays Landing, NJ |

Overall very good..Glen,Millard, Matt,everyone at the dealership has ALWAYS been good to me, whether I'm coming in for service or a purchase. This is the reason I keep coming back, I have been a customer for 20 yrs.

Great Service

by from Mays Landing, NJ |

I had a very positive experience, mainly because my service advisor was Lori Reynolds. Lori took charge of my problems like she was part owner in Toyota. She smiled and listened to me and had the answers I needed to be confident in her guidance. This is the kind of employee every business in the country should have sincere. Thank You.

Excellent

by from Mays Landing, NJ |

Excellent. The individual that greeted me and set me up was a Robert Fredericks. Professional, informative, and courteous on all fronts. I only hope that the service remains as such as I start accumulating mileage.