Ron Tirapelli Ford

4355 W Jefferson St, Shorewood, IL 60404

New 888-411-4554
Used 888-272-3397
Service 888-459-7156

Welcome to Ron Tirapelli Ford!

Great to deal with!!

by from Warsaw,IN |

I am from Indiana 3 hrs. away from the Ford dealership. I saw a truck on cars.com. I emailed them about it. I received a response the very next morning. Maynard had his number listed so, I gave him a call. We worked out a price pending my satisfaction with the used pickup. Then Moe in Internet sales got a hold of me. He was great to respond to any question I had. I couldn't have had a better experience with these two guys. I made the 3 hr. drive hoping it was as nice as it was described to me. Moe & Maynard met me at the door. I did a test drive and look over on the used pickup. Everything was just had Maynard described. It actually looked better than I had expected! These two guys are top notch in my book for customer service. I would recommend them to anyone for their honesty with me. Thanks again for a great experience, Kevin

Great service.

by from Aurora Il |

Found good quality used car at a reasonable price. Thanks Eric!

Will Never Trust Ron Tirapelli Ford Ever Again

by from Joliet, IL |

I purchased my second car from Tirapelli November, 2013. I went back based off of the great service we received in the past. However, the second time fell far below standards. Our most recent purchase was a 2007 Ford Explorer V8 Limited. Sounds great, right. It looks wonderful, trust me. But the engine and tires are why I'm writing this review. Tires: When I purchased the Explorer, I did the usual check, I stuck my hands between the first thread to check for depth. All around all four tires looked great. That was until the first snow fall and making a turn on a snowy street, I almost slammed into a tree. That's when I took my car to Discount Tire to have them checked. I was astounded when I seen the actual inner tire thread. Bald. Smooth, like a babies butt. I bought the car with 87k miles on it. The tires on the car are the original OEM tires. They are no longer made! Rated to only 65k miles. Great.. Just great. I have to spend $1,200 to replace tires on a car that I just bought. Ok. Ok.. I probably should have dug deeper when looking at the car prior to purchase. But you know, trusting my dealer, not to screw me. Engine: On the test drive, I felt a slight stutter between 40-60MPH. No biggie. The night was cold and the car had been out. We closed the deal and bought the car three days later. The following day, sputter. No biggie, it was a small sputter. A week goes by, small sputters. We bought an after market warranty, so I was going to take it in for repairs. The most we would have to pay is $100. Boy was I wrong. We dropped the car off and were told that we would have to pay $109 for it to be diagnosed. Okkkkk... From my research on this issue, we found out that Ford knew of these engines having problems with spark plugs breaking off in the engine head. Ford repaired problems going forward on these cars November 2007 and forward. Mine didn't make the cut. So now, I have to pay $700 for a tune-up on a car that I only had for two months. Yes, $700 for a tune-up. I spoke to Mike Castro, funny, I've seen him referenced here before. He said he'd try to figure something out. Something turned out to be $500 for a tune-up.. Thank god for small favors. I picked up my car. But not before I told Mike Castro how I felt. Poor Mike, I guess you should have stopped while you were ahead. The stuff that you said was hilarious. I paid $115 to be told I needed a $700 tune-up (please feel free to laugh)... I would have been ok to pay half of the cost of the tune-up. After selling me a car that has useless tires and an even worse engine, it was the least they could do.

Total waste. DON'T WASTE MONEY ON EXTENDED WARRAN

by from Plainfield |

I brought my 09 Expedition in for service. accutuator for heat. $1000 repair. while wife and I were there we looked around at used car for me. we purchased a 2006 explorer and mike menne was awesome. Now the down side, while talking to finance manager mike. he talked me into buying extended warranty. I spesificly asked him would cover the heat control accuator like on my expedition, He said absolutely. well guess what IT DOESNT. and now the attitude is oh well nothing we can do. $800 repair and only had the car for 3 months. I will Never buy a car from this place again. In fact I'll never buy a Ford again. heat problems, Corrosion on expedition lift gate. Ford knows of these problems but does not stand behind the product

Thank you Mike.

by from minooka il |

mike was great he made the buying process as easy it could be with me even though I'm not easiest customer to deal with and in the end we got the deal done and I'm very happy with my F 350. I'm not sure about the other reviews with them not working with you because they did everything they could to get me where I wanted to be.So if your in the market for a vehicle stop and see mike menne he will take care of you.

May 29, 2013

Hi Victor, Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to review us! Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with! Ron Tirapelli General Manager 815-725-3033

Best car buying experience I think I've ever had!

by from Smithfield, IL |

They did their best to get me into my new car (Boss 302 Mustang). They worked with the banks to get me the best interest rate to get the payment where I needed it. In the end, I ended up going with my own bank, but they never gave up and I appreciate that. They also worked with me on the extended warranty because you don't want to buy a car like that with some extra piece of mind. Overall a great experience!

February 26, 2013

Hi April, Thank you for taking the time to review us! We really appreciate your kind words and are very happy we could help you with your Boss. Please let us know if we can help you with anything else! Take care, Ron Tirapelli General Manager 815-725-3033

Dishonest Service Department

by from joliet,il |

We took are vehicle to this place three times for the same issue. The first time cost us $1700, the second another $700 and the third time we told them where to go! Each time it was something "new" they fixed but the problem never went away. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone and the only good thing I can say is the GM was very pleasant and helpful. As far as the service manager... he was an arrogant jerk!

November 17, 2012

We are sorry that your experience here was not what you expected. We stive to ensure that every customer that comes to our Dealership is happy with the result of their visit. Please give us a call so we can try to remedy the situation.

Best Dealership in years!

by from Plainfield, IL |

My husband and I went into this dealership on a whim, to see if they had any vehicles that we were looking for. From the minute we walked in, we felt welcome. We were greeted by Moe, and treated with respect. We had come in with a pre-approval from Capitol one, yes the blank check program...there was a lot more fine print that we had not noticed. Mod started showing us cars and Nick started w the finance of it. We do not have perfect credit, but not bad enough to not get a car. The long of the short, they ad 2 vehicles that we liked, they stated the numbers. In the end, neither worked for our payment we wanted. I recd a call 2 days later saying they are till working on it, and got in 2 vehicles that will work. I webt, looked, chose and went home. My family n I returned 2 days later to the payment we had been looking for. Ths dealership NEVER gave up when we didn't want a high car payment, as 2 other Ford dealerships did. And to top it off, we had been there a few hours, so they insisted on getting us something to eat, since it was later and we had our kids. Hands down BEST service in a dealership in 15+ years! Thank you Ron Tirapelli, we are life long customers and friends! Oh also we took our brother back 2 days later, he also left happily with a car!

Big Jim is right.

by from plainfield |

They were $5000 higher than any other dealer on the 2013 Escape.

Tahoe

by from Chicago Heights |

I have looked for the right Tahoe for 3 months. So, I google used Tahoe & Ron Tirapelli Ford and a Red 2008 Tahoe popped up! I saw it and fell in love, so my family & I drove out there. We meet Salemen Eric who was super nice. We test drove the Tahoe and I was really in love! So, we started on on the paper work & I drove out that very day.

Does not deal well with customers.

by from Joliet, IL |

In my attempts to purchase a used vehicle through this dealership, the sales representatives have been rude and absolutely will NOT negotiate prices with you. Ie even brought in another dealers ad off of cars.com to show them that their competition is $2k lower! But they dont care.