Roto Subaru Mazda

Used 866-375-2322
Service 866-920-8558

Top Notch Service Department

by from Arlington Hts, IL |

Since we bought our used Subaru, we have been coming to Roto for our service needs. We have always been satisfied with the customer service and quality of repairs we have received from Roto's service department. The writers really listen to your description of your service problem/needs and take the time to thoroughly explain the potential costs. During our recent visit, service desk representative Tina Ceas(?) handled our visit and she was very pleasant to work with. If you own a Subaru (and why wouldn't you), I would highly recommend going to Roto for all of your service needs.

Scammers stay away beware of frank and jeff

by from Chicago il |

They would literally say " we are family" tell you their life stories and offer you a cup of water. But the TRUE is that they will scam you . First of all this is a big dealership you spect pre-Owen vehicles to be properly service for re-sale we'll not these guys. Dirty trans fluid , bad brakes ,corrosive battery, broken keyless remote,no floor mats, low steering fluid, low tire pressure and 1/4 gas tank !! This is not what a prestige dealership would service their vehicles . I let my guard down and got scam with $800 and the cost for all car service .I called next day and turns out we are not related anymore will not return my calls and said they on vacc ,Now if you let your guard down even the finance manager will take advantage, I'm a real customer and this is a real review I'm not a salesman posting an awesome post to attract people into their trap . I hope this review will help you determine if you are buying a car from this guys I just wanted to post my experience and I definitely don't recommend this dealer

Stay away

by from Rolling Meadows, Il |

I went to Roto with my Mom in February as she was looking to purchase a used car. We met with Marc, the salesman, who was very nice and helpful and he found a car my mom liked. During the test drive, we noticed the car was idling kind of rough. Marc indicated that it was because the car was cold and had not been driven in a while. We were also advised a mechanic had looked at the car but they checked it again. We were assured by Marc there was not a problem with the car and told if it was something major, Roto would take care of it. After bringing the car back a second time since February, my Mother was told there was a problem with the front axels and would cost $1100 to repair. My Mom who is almost 80 and on a fixed income and paid for the car with all the money she had saved. We have lived in Arlington Hts. for over 35 years and wanted to do business with a dealership within our community with what we thought was a reputable and honest business.

Great service for Body Work

by from Mount Prospect, IL |

Our Subaru Outback was hit at low speeds putting a 4 inch crack into the front bumper and damaging a fog light. I brought it into Roto and got an estimate in about 20 minutes from start to finish. The body shop manager I believe came out to help me, not the service dept. folks. He explained how long it would take to order the parts, the total (insurance check covered it) etc. I called a few days after the parts were ordered to confirm a drop off time and day. Arrived on time. Car was done 36 hours later, washed inside and out. One of the smoothest service experience I've had considering it involved body damage. I've been in a few times for oil changes and am annoyed by their appointment schedules and backlogs sometimes. But this time definitely had no complaints.

***WARNING*** STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!

by from Sycamore, IL. |

My husband looked at a Subaru Forester earlier today. He came home checked with the bank to confirm the financing. Called the dealership and made an offer by phone. They returned the call with a counter offer. My husband and the salesman Thomas Green along with the manager agreed on a price. They told us they couldn't hold it till tomorrow and we had to come in tonight and we would be taking the car home tonight. At the time it was 6pm we live over an hour away. They said they close at 9. We loaded all 3 kids up in the car and drove to the dealership. Around 7 they called my husbands cell phone to tell us 2 people were there looking at the Subaru and were interested. We said we were on our way and about 20 min away. They said ok and hung up. We pulled in at about 7:25. Thomas Green met my husband at the door. Shook his hand and said "Sorry it's sold. There are people finalizing the paper work right now! Sorry" ...What kind of place makes a verbal agreement and within an hour and a half sells the car out from under the person they made a VERBAL AGREEMENT WITH! They had confirmation we were on our way and they didn't care about what they agreed to or promised. This is a garbage place with no values or standards. It makes me sick to even give them one star.

Great overall experience

by from Arlington Heights, IL |

I bought and always service my car at Roto Subaru. They were the first Subaru dealership in Illinois, and they have technicians that have been there almost 30 years. The "front" service people are always smiling and friendly and make me feel welcome.

Buyer Beware on Trade In

by from Arlington Heights, IL |

The salesman went old school with a classic low ball technique. Their claim was there was some non-existent problem with the transmission at higher speeds "'their trade In appraiser discovered" and their trade in offer was only approximately a third of what I eventually was quoted on it from two other dealerships. The Salesman just wrote a bottom line single figure price down for the new car, not disclosing the trade in ?issue? until we pressed him to break down how he arrived at his figure. Took my new car business elsewhere rather than get ripped off $9K. Might have just been a rogue salesman, but suggest buyer beware and come prepared if you choose to do business there.

Very Positive Experience From Roto Subaru

by from Park Ridge, IL |

Visited the Chicago Auto Show (a GREAT way to see/sit in/option shop cars!) and decided on evaluating the Acura RDX V6, Subaru Outback V6 and Toyota Venza V6 further. Test drove each at Chicago area dealerships and chose to go with Subaru Outback. Issued a list of options to 7 Subaru dealers independently via email. Ryan Powles at Roto offered the best starting price and without hesitation honored two discount programs I presented which brought the price down further. Ryan responded to all of our follow up questions via phone and email quickly with straight answers. Ryan encouraged us to test drive the 4 cyl and 6 cyl versions just to be certain which we did, and decided on the 3.6R (the V6) although the 4 cyl seemed very adequate as well. After revisiting pricing again with 6 other Chicago area dealers, Ryan Powle's/Roto pricing was still the best and he was consistently the clearest/quickest to respond. We ordered the car from Roto and Ryan kept us apprised of every detail moving forward, including financing, the date the VIN was issued, ETA, ordering plates, insurance, etc. The car arrived about 6 weeks later (well within Ryan's ETA). When we took possession of the vehicle, dealer installed options and other preparation requests we made were 100% completed. Our meeting with the Finance manager went very smoothly. Ryan gave us a thorough orientation on the manuals, then went through the controls, features, etc. on the vehicle itself before we left the dealership. Ryan was extremely helpful, forthright and timely throughout the competitive brand choice selection, dealership evaluation, model selection, bargaining, trade-in advice and ordering process. We assumed the absolute worst in working with new car dealers and truly dreaded it. Working with Ryan Powles at Roto was a 100% positive experience. Zero hard sell, straight-forward Q&A and assertive pricing from the start. Ryan Powles was very helpful, pleasant and professional to work with, I recommend him to anyone seeking to purchase a Subaru!

Expected more

by from Lake County, Illinois |

Bought a used car, noticing a few minor issues that the salesman tried to explain away, of course they were real issues that I needed to address. Contacted the used car sales manager, which i thought was a reasonable person, the answer? That was bought as is? Can't help you. So much with the 100 point inspection. You would think they would notice burnt out bulbs, steering off, bend rim, the air filter that looked like at least 3 years old, but what did I expect, I thought a regular dealer would stand by at least as far as off the lot. The car does look good, but my suspicion is that they got the car as trade in and cleaned it up, period, no checking of anything. Not a bad place, but don't trust anyone, and get anything they should fix in writing first.

Warning. Stay away from Roto Mazda Subaru.

by from Mount Prospect, Il |

Bought brand new Mazda Cx9 from Roto four years ago. Salesman (Tom) is a nice guy and I have no complaints about sales department, but the service department is as bad as it gets. New levels of incompetence are achieved every time I take my car there for a service. It takes two or three trips at a minimum to get problems with the car fixed. Fortunately we bought extended warranty so we only pay deductible but they still try to make us pay more. Unfortunately Roto is the closest Mazda dealer and since I do not have the time to drive to Schaumburg or Evanston I am stock with them. I am also in the market for a new car again and I was looking at the new Subaru Outback but because of Roto Service Department i think that Outback is out even thou it is a great car (friend of mine bought one and I drove few times and liked a lot). But thanks to Roto's incompetent and unprofessional service department new Mazda or Subaru is not on my shopping list. Stay away for Roto service department

used van

by from vandalia , mo |

was good to deal with only had one problem we lived six hours from them got bout 20 mins from them got stuck in traffic had to call them and really talk a lot of talk to get them to stay open for an extra 20 mins we were coming to buy a van in the end they finally agreed to stay open but that was a hassle other than that it was a deal