Open Road BMW Edison

540 U.S. 1, Edison, NJ 08817

New 866-505-0708
Used 866-906-5256
Service 877-225-4005

60 miles , Well worth the travel!

by from Philadlphia, Pa |

I could not have chosen a better dealer to go to, my sales man name was Igor and he really did everything he could to get me the best deal available, i got what i think was more than fair share for my trade in. The Finance person Kristen was the best. She gave me every option to have a peice of mind, she was very good in explaing the warranty and the warrantys available to me. Also their Mgr was a very nice person. Great experience. -Damont-

Great buying experience with Paul Moomjian!

by from Seattle, WA |

To whom it may concern: My recent used BMW buying experience with Open Road BMW in Edison, New Jersey was positively incredible. As I am based in Seattle, WA and I had very little experience dealing with a remote transaction of this scale, I was understandably nervous. As it turned out, I had no reason to be nervous. Due to the high price of used cars in the Seattle region I hesitantly decided to perform a nation-wide search for my next car ? a used BMW M3 sedan. After one and one half years my search came to an end due to the incredible work of the used car team at Open Road BMW, especially that of saleperson Paul Moomjian. For me my experience with Open Road BMW in Edison, NJ added to my already nice list of great things that came from New Jersey in 2014. After the Seattle Seahawks won their first! Lombardi Trophy in New Jersey in February, it was icing on the cake to end my lengthy nationwide search for a high quality used BMW M3 sedan delivered from New Jersey. My search started in November of 2012. During this time I corresponded with 42 different dealerships and 9 different private sellers across the US, until finding the perfect car at the right price at Open Road. The original goal was to find an M3 sedan with less than 40,000 miles (and 6sp, and navigation, and m-drive, and DCT, and with carbon fiber trim, and not red interior, and not red, white, or blue exterior) ? so finding this particular car at Open Road with just over 20,000 miles was positively amazing. Throughout my process Paul was responsive to all of my emails, phone calls, and even after-hour texts. He helped collect photos while the car was still being prepped, he coordinated my friend test driving the car at my behest, he managed the pile of paperwork (?.yes, I am buying this car, no I will not operate it in New Jersey, etc?.), and he ensured that the car was properly loaded on to the transporter truck. Paul was honest about the condition of the car, and kept me updated as to the status of the minor repairs that were being performed. I also want to take this opportunity to thank the other Open Road folks who were heavily involved ? notably Alex Rosenberg and Michael Mayfield who helped facilitate the remote transaction. One last anecdote about Paul?s work that demonstrates his (and by extension Open Road?s) dedication to the customer ? As he helped load the car on the transporter, he noticed that the right rocker panel had some minor damage ? that he had not disclosed in our previous discussion, nor that my friend, who test drove the car, had uncovered. Paul called me that day and offered to send me a check for his estimate to repair the rocker damage. I was frankly amazed! Thanks again to Paul Moomjian and the Open Road BMW team in Edison, NJ and here?s to many more Superbowl trophies for the Hawks and to many more happy miles in the Open Road M3! Best, Jim

It was an awesome experience at Open road BMW

by from Princeton, NJ |

This is our 3rd car we bought from Open Road BMW over the period of last 6 years. Its always been an awesome experience. Nitin, our sales person has been very proactive in advising us on options, the other support staff have always been very cordial. We have got osme very good deals and all our problems have been sorted out promptly. Servicing is very good and we always get a loaner which is of great help. It is because of Open Road we have stayed with BMW for the last 9 years.

Great purchasing experience with Dave Lutz

by from Edison NJ |

I'm an existing older 5 series owner and was in the market for a used SUV. I found the x5 diesel listed on the Open Road BMW certified pre-owned site, so I called. I talked to a Sales associate Dave Lutz, walked into the dealership a little over an hour later thinking atleast I get to test drive the vehicle. When I went into the showroom, the lady was v. helpful, Dave came out promptly and we chatted a bit. He gave me a lot of information about the overall vehicle, v. knowledgeable about it, then set things up so I could take it for a drive. He gave me 2 route options to test out key features, I opted for local patched roads to verify rideabilty and handling in tight situations. We took the car out for the test drive. All the while we're chatting about features of the car, it had quite a feature list. When we get back, obviously I know it's deal or no deal time, so we sit and start the talking. He didn't pressure me, didn't treat me differently as I'm a female buying, didn't ask if there was a Mr...who would be involved in the financial decision making. We came to a deal pretty quickly as the vehicle was well priced to start. The only comparable on the market was in CA, looking at the centralized inventory on BMWUSA.com. To do the deal took all of maybe an hour at most. Alex the manager was engaged to work things out based on my financial needs for downpayment. Both of them were low pressure, giving me the facts as they were, I waited while Dave did all the running between departments once we agreed pricing. I waited in the waiting area, then transferred into the Finance area with Michael Mayfield who again was v. helpful and informative. A really smooth process, I was there for 4 hours, but it wasn't a frustrating 4hrs it was more about getting through the needed paperwork processing. After all was done, Dave synched my phone right away to the vehicle, advised me to setup the BMW assist once I got home, and also drove the car following me home as I didn't have a 2nd person to get the vehicle home, I live local to the dealership, about a 10 minute drive. Long review, but I have to say, amongst the 3 of these guys, and the lady at the front desk area, overall a v. enjoyable experience, and I did this after 13 yrs! I had been to other dealerships over the years of figuring out what I wanted car wise and I can tell you there are some extremely rude derogatory folks out there (Auto Mall on rte 22 was just the WORST!). This was such a breath of fresh air! Not only that, I got a great vehicle at a great price. Thank you Dave Lutz for being so knowlegeable, accommodating and continuing to follow up post sale. That I didn't get when I bought my first BMW back 13 yrs ago and that was as NEW vehicle! Excellent experience, as a female, I have to say this was a really uplifting experience, and to boot I have this great SUV in the car family now! Thanks! Sadna (Edison)

Excellent Experience leasing my 428xi GC

by from Boston |

I just leased a 2015 BMW 428xi Gran Coupe mSport from Open Road BMW and I could not be happier. They worked with me to order the exact car that I wanted and kept me updated as it was shipped over from Germany and finally arrived! I had a great experience the day of pickup and my sales person John Byrnes was extremely professional and polite and funny and knowledgeable. Special thanks to Kosta Pappas and Alison Wirth as well they went above and beyond to say the least. I highly recommend if you are looking for a car that you make it a priority to stop by Open Road BMW

BMW Edison Service Dept Review

by from New Jersey |

I have been coming to BMW Edison Service Dept for the past four years and had the pleasure of working with John Ladany all these times. John is a well trained professional who is very attentive and helpful whenever I call or bring my car in for service. His level of expertise and attention to detail is exactly what I would expect from a BMW service dept. I am very pleased with the quality of service and I highly recommend working with him.

Excellent Experience!!

by from Staten Island, NY |

I went into Open Road BMW to test drive a 3 series BMW and price out what I would get on my trade in. This was the best experiences I have ever had buying a car. I was not pressured in anyway and my sales person, David Chandler, went out of his way to try and find the colors I was looking for. Once they located my car he spent the time going over all the features of the car. I am so happy!!! I would definitely recommend Open Road BMW in Edison!!

Review

by from Staten Island, NY |

I am very happy that I chose Open Road BMW for my 3rd BMW lease. My salesman was Dan Umana and he did everything possible to make the experience pleasant and seamless. The finance manager Eric was also excellent and "real". I did not feel at any point that he was trying to mislead me or force me into making any decisions that I was not comfortable with. He had a great personality and I am glad I had the opportunity to do business with him.

I drove four hours for a car that was sold

by from Bucks county Pa. |

I wanted to take a test drive of a 335I that I had viewed on the internet. I had given my information on their web site. I received calls and emails several times to come in for a test drive. I talked to Ty and set up a test drive. I talked to him two hours before I had gotten there. When I got there after traveling over 60 miles, the car was sold. I was told by a salesman that it was sold a few days ago and he then proceeded to try and sell me another car. Ty stated on the phone to me that there were other 335I cars there. I assume he knew it was sold but he wanted to get me there to sell me a different car. The customer service was pitiful for a sale I couldn't imagine what you would receive if you actually bought something from here. I highly recommend finding another dealership to purchase a vehicle from.

Open Road BMW Edison responded to this review

February 27, 2014

Hello, My name is Alex Rozenberg, I am the Sales Manager here at Open Road BMW of Edison. We are committed to providing high quality customer service, but based on your Cars.com review, you did not share that experience. That is very disappointing to us, and we would like to work with you make things right. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss your experience at our dealership. Since my information regarding your visit is limited, it is imperative that you contact me. I look forward to hearing from you and hope to resolve any issues that may have occurred. Sincerely, Alex Rozenberg Sales Manager Open Road BMW of Edison 732-839-4540 alex.rozenberg@openroad.com

Cooperative staff, great service, clean facilities

by from Staten island, NY |

I had an appt. for routine maintenance for my 328xi scheduled for Wed., Feb. 5, 2014. Snow and or icy/rain was expected on that day. I called Service Coordinator Anthony Sinno on the morning of Tues., Feb. 4th,and asked if I could bring my car in that day instead of on the 5th. I explained I was coming in for routine maintenance, didn?t want to travel in the bad weather conditions expected for the next day, and that I would bring my car in and wait for it. Mr. Sinno quickly looked at the schedule, and told me I could come in. He was very professional and courteous on the phone and at the dealership. I brought the car in about an hour later. Didn?t take long at all. Car was cleaned too. Good job. Pleasant experience.

Outstanding leasing experience!

by from Berkeley Heights, NJ |

I have just leased my fourth BMW from Open Road BMW in Edison. It is always a pleasure and delight to lease from a finance manager Alex Rozenberg and sales consultant Thomas Leis. Alex and Thomas are passionate about the BMW brand. Their knowledge and expertise are immense. Being a sales professional myself, I am truly amazed how they are committed to providing the best customer experience. I highly recommend leasing and buying from Open Road BMW in Edison.