Cardinale Way Volkswagen

2603 Wardlow Rd, Corona, CA 92882

New 888-752-5227
Used 888-348-8709
Service 866-604-0331

Still no call back from General Manger or Owner.

by from Ontario, CA |

Called General Manger for assistance on a problem with my vehicle. Have called 4 times, I have sent a scathing review and requested a call back. I have called and asked for owners. Its been over a month and can not get anyone in management to call me back. I started dealing with Volkswagen Headquarters and another dealer.

Courteous and well informed customer service

by from Monterey Park, California |

I do not hesitate to phone Cardinale Way Volkswagen Dealership after the sale because I know I would get the answers accordingly, courteously in a timely fashion. Among other things, I forgot how to use certain function on the vehicle, and mind you that the vehicle I purchased from the Dealership was a Passat SEL model with all the gadgets like many other luxury expensive cars, I dialed Cardinale Way and got the satisfactory answers almost right away. Just like the same experience I had when I came and purchased my Volkswagen Passat last month, the staff from the front desk, sale host, finance adviser to the director seemed to their business a little differently; they listen to my questions attentively and patiently as if I was their next car buying customer. I certainly would invite my friends who will be looking for a car check out Cardinale Way first.

Problem still not resolved

by from Ontario, CA |

I made an appointment to see a 30,000 2002 Buick Century. I came in a few days early to look at it but it was not on the lot. I came in on 08/30/13 at 9:15 and took a look at the car. The salesperson Omar said it have been inspected by the service department before being put on the lot. The sales team said it was a Cream Puff and only one driver. The sales manager said it was great car with low miles and a steal. I looked around the car and inspected it. The engine oil was a little dirty, I couldn't see into the radiator reservoir (was dark inside). I checked all fluids and they looked ok. I noticed the spare tire was missing. I test drove it and it ran good. I took it on the freeway and it ran good. I parked it and noticed a nail in the front driver side tire. Omar said service would take care of it. I traded in my 2008 Pontiac Solstice, got a decent price for trade in. I wasnt sure if I wanted to go to Another Used Car Dealership to trade in the Pontiac so the sales manager said he would throw in a warranty. Beware, the warranty was included at one monthly payment but I chose not to get the warranty and the price was substantially lower. I took the car home and took a flashlight and looked at the radiator reservoir. It was low so I poured dexcool in it and sludge floated up. I took it to Jiffy Lube and had all the fluids changes because I didnt know what else they missed. Jiffy Lube recommended that I change the radiator hoses because they were bulging and soft. I drove the car to Palm Desert and back. There were no problems. Sunday night (Sep 1, 48 hours later), I took the car a mile to the gym and I smelled smoke. I lifted the hood and oil was pouring out of the engine on to the exhaust manifold. I called Omar at the dealership and he said I should bring it back to the dealership but service wasnt open. I called again and asked for General Manager but he wouldnt be available to customers until Tuesday and they took my name and number. Monday (Sep 2), I took the car to Jiffy Lube and made sure they tightened everything. They showed me the leak was coming out of the opposite side of the engine from where the plug and oil filter. The leak was above both the plug and filter. The Jiffy Lube guy said that the radiator hoses were ready to blow and I should replace them immediately or take the car to a mechanic. I took the car back to the Cardinale Way VW in Corona, CA. I was told that I bought the car AS-IS and they would now try to redo paperwork for a warranty. The finance guy said that the warranty would not cover the seal. I had been at the dealership for 4 hours at this point. I asked the sales manager, Chase, what is the solution for us. He said I could pick out another car. He had said that he knew I wanted to save money but this is what you get when you buy a used $5500 older car. I went through the lot and everything used was $5-10k more than what I paid. I said I need a lower payment around $150. I asked if I could go next door to their other dealership next door. I was told NO I had to buy from VW because I bought the car there. They found a new 2013 VW Jetta with a payment of $219 a month lease for 48 months. I kind of like to keep the car but decided that I wanted to get out of the dealership quicker after 7 hours. I asked for 36 months so I ended up with a car I dont like for $227 a month. While in finance department, I had to wait for them to get my paperwork from their dealership next door because they were the ones that were selling the car but I couldnt buy a cheaper Hyundai. I called for the General Manager on 09/04/13, he is out of dealership next door. His voicemail is full and I left my name and number. I still have not received a call back. This is the condensed version. All I wanted was my Pontiac back, I knew it ran and was reliable but I was told that wasnt an option. I feel sorry for anyone that has to come into their showroom and deal with the Sales manager.

VW Passat TDI SEL purchase expirience

by from Monterey Park, California |

Sale host(s) did listen to what kind of vehicle I needed and what price range I was looking for, and without wasting time offerred the best possible price that everyone walked out of the Dealership happy, after the deal was made. The sale host(s) took time and explained in details about the vehicle before and after the sale. They promised to have the right vehicle and they delivered, even it had not been available at the Dealership at the time. It was worth the trip to Cardinale. Furthermore, the Volkswagen Passat TDI-SEL that I purchased performed better than I expected in terms of acceleration, handling, comfort, and especially diesel fuel mileage.

Car not found

by from Perris CA |

I talked to salesman about a Hyundai Sonata they had advertised. I had looked at the ad for a few days, and decided to call. He said he still had the car so I went all the way to Corona only to be told the Sonata had just been sold (of course) so they tried to sell me something more expensive than what I was looking for. Your usual car dealer.

Don't trust them!

by from Santa Fe springs |

Don't trust them. Get your deal in writing! They should be straight with customers!

Cardinale Way Volkswagen responded to this review

August 27, 2013

Hi Don, I'm so sorry it appears there may have been some misunderstanding. Please call me with more information and let me see if I can rectify the situation. Regards, Joe Owens, GM.